PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Schefter - Denver Trades for Vernon Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work by the O.P., but Schefter has corrected the deal:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago

So just to be clear in Vernon Davis trade: SF and Denver swapping 6th and 7th round picks in 2016, and 49ers get Denver's 6th in 2017.

Denver just hit a freaking homerun.

1) Given the two teams involved, that swap of those picks in 2016 really is the equivalent of about 5 or 6 places in the draft order.

So, Denver got Vernon Davis for slightly more than a 2017 6th rounder.

2) Brilliant move for the Broncos, given their LT situation and the fact that if Davis goes FA next year, that may turn into a 3rd round comp pick.

So the Broncos gave up a 2017 6th rounder and receive a 2017 3rd rounder and Vernon Davis for the rest of 2016. Can anyone tell me how this is NOT highway robbery?

3) Methinks the 49ers do not want the Patriots dancing on their turf in February.

I heard he got traded. The first thought in my head was let me guess, It's Denver. Sure enough.

It's a good move in the sense that they didn't have to give up much, but there are people seriously panicking about them getting a guy who has very little (if anything at all) left in the tank?

this improves their team w/ little cost. i also think only 9/16 of his salary hits their cap. imagine going from kaepernick to manning. still take noodlearm manning over kaep anyday

It's a good move in the sense that they didn't have to give up much, but there are people seriously panicking about them getting a guy who has very little (if anything at all) left in the tank?

He was playing on one of the worst teams in the league. Now hes not. I bet he gets a lot better.

Damn it. The donkeys are all in

He was playing on one of the worst teams in the league. Now hes not. I bet he gets a lot better.

He'll definitely play better than he did in SF last year and the start of this season, but this isn't the Vernon Davis of old. Not even close.

I think his issues were with kaepernick. They never got on the same page. If he can learn their system, he will be a weapon.

He'll definitely play better than he did in SF last year and the start of this season, but this isn't the Vernon Davis of old. Not even close.
true, but still have to account for him. imagine his real use comes in the redzone. him, thomas, and sanders are a good trio to go with.

Do u ever give other teams credit for making moves?

Denver just hit a freaking homerun.

1) Given the two teams involved, that swap of those picks in 2016 really is the equivalent of about 5 or 6 places in the draft order.

So, Denver got Vernon Davis for slightly more than a 2017 6th rounder.

2) Brilliant move for the Broncos, given their LT situation and the fact that if Davis goes FA next year, that may turn into a 3rd round comp pick.

So the Broncos gave up a 2017 6th rounder and receive a 2017 3rd rounder and Vernon Davis for the rest of 2016. Can anyone tell me how this is NOT highway robbery?

3) Methinks the 49ers do not want the Patriots dancing on their turf in February.
No way that Davis will get them a third round comp pick. He's not a young man anymore

Wow...Elway just goes for it, doesn't he?

This was pretty much a no brainer. You don't get much more of a fire sale than this.

A little antler spray and Davis will be good for 1/2 season.

Packers needed him more than the Broncos.

Is it possible they got him to block another team away from him?

I think he will be a huge upgrade in the red zone for them which is where they miss julius thomas.

No way that Davis will get them a third round comp pick. He's not a young man anymore

I'm not saying that they'll get one, but a mere 6th round comp pick would mean that Denver actually came out ahead in the deal, in terms of draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes