PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Sammy Watkins is on the Whaaaammmbulance

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's jealous OBJ is getting all the attention. diva will always be a diva.

Typical Rexy team. Stop talking, shut up and play.

But nope. The coach can't so why would the players?

Maybe he could marry a Kardashaian sister and get his own reality show!

(.....too soon?)
Thought the divorce wasn't yet finalized. Hmm, does that mean she gets his estate?

And yeah, too soon, body's not cold yet.

Maybe he could marry a Kardashaian sister and get his own reality show!

(.....too soon?)

The Kardashian woman are the equivalent of a "Man-Blender."

Once you go in, you aren't quite the same coming out.

Hope Lamar gets well. His problems go way back.

He's not wrong though.

No, he's not. He's absolutely right, and his coaches know it. The problem is the offense, because of the QBs.

No, he's not. He's absolutely right, and his coaches know it. The problem is the offense, because of the QBs.

Did you see his "I don't care if he's open, throw it to me" comment? Or the chart showing his target to catch percentage? He may be somewhat right in some instances, but not most.

Did you see his "I don't care if he's open, throw it to me" comment? Or the chart showing his target to catch percentage? He may be somewhat right in some instances, but not most.

Read the article.

a guy who hasn't played the past 2 weeks is complaining he wants the ball more?..unreal

Read the article.

I posted it.

Cliff notes version.

Summation: If I have single coverage throw it to me. And I beat single coverage regularly. I'll get it or bat it away. No matter if someone else is open for an easier completion.

He has a point but his delivery is poor and comes out sounding very bad and selfish. If he is good, he should not worry at all. The cream will always rise to the top.

I posted it.

Cliff notes version.

Summation: If I have single coverage throw it to me. And I beat single coverage regularly. I'll get it or bat it away. No matter if someone else is open for an easier completion.

You posted it, but you seem to be ignoring the context.
His coach:

“I’m like, ‘Hey, by the way, have you met Sammy Watkins? This is Sammy Watkins,’” Ryan said. “So my point is, obviously if I’m choosing and everything’s equal I’m throwing it to Sammy.”

His receivers coach:

Receivers coach Sanjay Lal noted that, yes, the Colts did roll a safety to Watkins' side on plays but that there were times Watkins was one on one over Davis and beat him.

And Watkins, Lal adds, can “absolutely” win any ball one on one.

“That’s what we’re trying to grow to,” Lal said. “He’s a combination of explosiveness, becoming a very good route runner with the potential to be a great route runner — he will get there — speed, size and then some of the strongest hands I’ve ever seen. He rips that ball out of there. It doesn’t matter if it’s a contested catch. He’s going to attack the ball and that ball is his."

And, yes, Brady forces the ball... to both Edelman and Gronk.

His coach:

His receivers coach:

I agree Brady has forced it at times (Moss near the end), but that just sounds like ego stroking from the coaching staff does it not? Just another diva receiver. Putting it out there publicly was the wrong thing to do.

His coach:

His receivers coach:

Yeah, but they CATCH it more than 53.8% of the time.

I agree Brady has forced it at times (Moss near the end), but that just sounds like ego stroking from the coaching staff does it not? Just another diva receiver. Putting it out there publicly was the wrong thing to do.

It's a guy saying "If I'm your WR1, use me like your WR1", nothing more.

Yeah, but they CATCH it more than 53.8% of the time.

First, style differences account for different percentages.
Second, you're referring to a stat that has just 13 throws to Watkins. You know better than that.

....and it is great idea to say it to the press!

Yeah, BB's "shut up or I'll have you killed" is the only style that's ever won a Super Bowl. You just can't win if you let players talk to the press. Seattle's living proof of that....

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back