PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Saints HC Sean Payton & LB coach accused of stealing team's painkillers (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Saints HC Sean Payton & LB coach accused of stealing team's painkillers (merg

Most of my family are law enforcement members (guess I slipped through the cracks..) and I've found out that informants make better than 90% of the active cases being worked. My dad was an old school Irish state cop...he told me when I was six or seven years old.."I don't care what you do when you grow up but make sure, if you're going to rob, rob big...don't be a coward....and NEVER EVER snitch"...I always wanted to follow in his footsteps, but I got a scholarship to BU for engineering in 69,began playing music and working as a sound engineer and went down a road less traveled. My older brother is a psychologist who works with all the PD in the state and I got cousins by the dozens both male and female that wear the badge (actually five family members). The reason why cops generally hate rats even though they need them and use them continuously, is the rat can screw up a police department to the max...see Serpico. That being said, I have to think an FBI agent, just by his existence, stands outside the rat definition. You have to be so straight to make it as an agent that even your mother isn't safe from prosecution at your hands. That's what I get from this ex-agent's charges. If this makes it to court, I'm sure the lawyers here will attest, FBI ,whether ex or not, make formidable prosecution witnesses.

It's the case itself that is penny ante...this is being played up by the press to generate copy and I think THAT is what saucks.

Re: OT: Saints HC Sean Payton & LB coach accused of stealing team's painkillers (merg

Most of my family are law enforcement members (guess I slipped through the cracks..) and I've found out that informants make better than 90% of the active cases being worked. My dad was an old school Irish state cop...he told me when I was six or seven years old.."I don't care what you do when you grow up but make sure, if you're going to rob, rob big...don't be a coward....and NEVER EVER snitch"...I always wanted to follow in his footsteps, but I got a scholarship to BU for engineering in 69,began playing music and working as a sound engineer and went down a road less traveled. My older brother is a psychologist who works with all the PD in the state and I got cousins by the dozens both male and female that wear the badge (actually five family members). The reason why cops generally hate rats even though they need them and use them continuously, is the rat can screw up a police department to the max...see Serpico. That being said, I have to think an FBI agent, just by his existence, stands outside the rat definition. You have to be so straight to make it as an agent that even your mother isn't safe from prosecution at your hands. That's what I get from this ex-agent's charges. If this makes it to court, I'm sure the lawyers here will attest, FBI ,whether ex or not, make formidable prosecution witnesses.

It's the case itself that is penny ante...this is being played up by the press to generate copy and I think THAT is what saucks.

That's a really fine analysis of the situation. Thank you.

I have no doubt that if the DA/AG decides there is anything here to prosecute that it will be buttoned down and Santini will be a great witness.

I like your final comment as well. When you read the Lawsuit, it's clear that even Santini can only point a finger at (allegedly) Vitt directly for 20 pills. Another 100 pills or so went missing, but Santini ascribes no direct responsibility to an individual. I don't know what the standard is for criminal prosecution of Vicodin theft, but I suspect that 20 pills to an addicted or dependent individual probably doesn't rise to it.

The rest of the case seems to me to hinge on how the law defines the status of the medication in the Saints' facility as to possession and responsibility for distribution. As I said above, I think the Doctor and the Pharmacy could end up taking part of the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes