PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Saints HC Sean Payton & LB coach accused of stealing team's painkillers (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Last edited:
re: OT: Saints HC Sean Payton & LB coach accused of stealing team's painkillers (merged)

2 staff members of the champions named in the theft of Vicodin from the team's medical cabinet - both Peyton and LB Coach Joe Vitt are charged in the investigation.

There is always someone waiting to capitalize controversy on a championship team...sometimes from within.

Sean Payton Denies Lawsuit's Claim He Stole, Abused Painkillers -- NFL FanHouse

I knew this would break big

My position is not complicated on this matter. Benson,loomis,SP and the Saints organization have devoted more than any team, I know of, in the history of the NFL to helping its people and supporting a rebuild on their free time. They have commited and proved they are true in my mind.

I do not know Mr. Santini or any time I have heard his name to help the city in his off time.

I will believe in the Saints good character because they have proven it to me, with deeds,and not talk. I dont care that they won the Super Bowl. Every day Brees,Sp,Benson,Loomis, and the Saints preached to help the community and they delivered from 2006-Now. They have put millions into our communities and built along side us as friends.

My position is not complicated. They were there for me, and us, as New England was when we ready need help, now Im there for them.

I dont care what the accusations are, they must be proven in a court of law, and until that happens, I support the Saints because when we really needed them, they were there as you were.

Only facts I know is loomis told Mr. Santini after seeing the tape " this is not a criminal matter"

Last edited:
re: OT: Saints HC Sean Payton & LB coach accused of stealing team's painkillers (merged)

any word on whether the rat is a former employee of the NY Jets?

Goodell will be chomping at the bit on this one....

Even if it were true, personally I wouldn't care. I would think the 2 coaches were stupid for not just getting a prescription, but I wouldn't care.

Even if it were true, personally I wouldn't care. I would think the 2 coaches were stupid for not just getting a prescription, but I wouldn't care.

The big question here is if Benson was told about this or did Loomis keep this under the table - Otherwise Loomis is just as guilty if these allegations are true.

any word on whether the rat is a former employee of the NY Jets?

I know after he was fired, and I use that loosely , he was let go. He was blacklisted from the NFL and could not get another job. I dont know this guy so he might right or wrong , but I think you know my stand on the subject. That why we live in America, the courts need to decide.

no he was blacklisted no NFL team will hire him, thats what Ive heard.

I know after he was fired, and I use that loosely , he was let go. He was blacklisted from the NFL and could not get another job. I dont know this guy so he might right or wrong , but I think you know my stand on the subject. That why we live in America, the courts need to decide.

What really is troubling for me here is this Santini guy does a blackmail threat which is against the law, but looks like a good guy by turning his former employees in for alleged wrongdoing...this country is screwed up sometimes.

Bensel released a statement Friday, after the lawsuit became public knowledge.

"A former employee who resigned just before the 2009 regular season threatened to go public with these unfounded charges unless we agreed to pay him an exorbitant sum of money," Bensel said. "We refused, and now he has gone public. We will aggressively defend these false allegations in court."

Accused him of blackmail. They pretty much need to pursue that.

What really is troubling for me here is this Santini guy does a blackmail threat which is against the law, but looks like a good guy by turning his former employees in for alleged wrongdoing...this country is screwed up sometimes.

agreed, I just hope this is handled correctly and justice wins the day

Accused him of blackmail. They pretty much need to pursue that.

I would say in the words of the south, I believe this incident will be handled in the most severe manor by those accused.

Hmmmmm.....Joe Vitt is my boss's brother-in-law and his family comes out here every year during may....I was going to meet with Vitt and my boss just to talk football stuff....I wonder if I should ask him about this???:eek:

I knew this would break big

My position is not complicated on this matter. Benson,loomis,SP and the Saints organization have devoted more than any team, I know of, in the history of the NFL to helping its people and supporting a rebuild on their free time. They have commited and proved they are true in my mind.

I do not know Mr. Santini or any time I have heard his name to help the city in his off time.

I will believe in the Saints good character because they have proven it to me, with deeds,and not talk. I dont care that they won the Super Bowl. Every day Brees,Sp,Benson,Loomis, and the Saints preached to help the community and they delivered from 2006-Now. They have put millions into our communities and built along side us as friends.

My position is not complicated. They were there for me, and us, as New England was when we ready need help, now Im there for them.

I dont care what the accusations are, they must be proven in a court of law, and until that happens, I support the Saints because when we really needed them, they were there as you were.

Only facts I know is loomis told Mr. Santini after seeing the tape " this is not a criminal matter"
Pherein, I've enjoyed your posts and my wife and a bunch of friends were in NOLA for the game right after Thanksgiving. As I've stated here before, we couldn't have been treated more graciously by your city and your fans. But what you are beginning to experience is the enmity which invariably follows SB winners, particularly those which are popular when they win (as the Pats were in '01). Your team is good, your fans are good, your coach is good and the rest of the NFL fans have had enough of you. Welcome to our world.

Hmmmmm.....Joe Vitt is my boss's brother-in-law and his family comes out here every year during may....I was going to meet with Vitt and my boss just to talk football stuff....I wonder if I should ask him about this???:eek:

please do, I would enjoy his thoughts on the current predicament, thanks

bigcountry75

Hold on, we don't know that he threatened blackmail at all. From the wording of the statement, it could simply be that his lawyer sent the team prior notice of the lawsuit to give the Saints an opportunity to settle first (for big $$, naturally). That's routine procedure in these situations, but can be spun to suggest something unsavory.

Honestly, we don't know anything at all about what actually happened. So I'm fascinated that so many folks in this thread have drawn conclusions sympathetic to the accused and damning to the accuser. I have to wonder, if it were Eric Mangini or Rex Ryan accused, would the story sound different?

Well,maybe if you have a cramp or some kind of painful inflammation in one of your joints, he could help you,otherwise it may be a sensitive issue :).

Hold on, we don't know that he threatened blackmail at all. From the wording of the statement, it could simply be that his lawyer sent the team prior notice of the lawsuit to give the Saints an opportunity to settle first (for big $$, naturally). That's routine procedure in these situations, but can be spun to suggest something unsavory.

Honestly, we don't know anything at all about what actually happened. So I'm fascinated that so many folks in this thread have drawn conclusions sympathetic to the accused and damning to the accuser. I have to wonder, if it were Eric Mangini or Rex Ryan accused, would the story sound different?

It really depends on when this guy got fired as it states nothing at this time except FORMER employee...Was it recently?,Was it before or after the Super Bowl or earlier in 2009? -If he recently got fired he could have done this for revenge AND blackmail or for some other reason or if it was earlier in 2009 why did he wait this long?,lots of questions to be answered on both ends.

I don't think anyone is saying Peyton and Vitt are guilty or not but why this is coming out now in the midst of the offseason is a bit interesting per say - Vitt was allegedly the one seen on tape, so he is the main one under scrutiny I would assume.

For this former employee spilling the beans when he didn't have to and could have kept the tapes in question quiet,still speaks volumns of revenge and a way to get even with a team that let him go.

Last edited:

Welcome to the top Saints. "They" always want to kill the king. :rolleyes:

Pherein, I've enjoyed your posts and my wife and a bunch of friends were in NOLA for the game right after Thanksgiving. As I've stated here before, we couldn't have been treated more graciously by your city and your fans. But what you are beginning to experience is the enmity which invariably follows SB winners, particularly those which are popular when they win (as the Pats were in '01). Your team is good, your fans are good, your coach is good and the rest of the NFL fans have had enough of you. Welcome to our world.

Jackson I do remember you well, and am a little honored you took the time.
I dont think we really understand this yet. We do not have much in N.O. ,but our honor as fathers, friends, and fans, means allot to us.
We are not the Patriots, and we don't pretend to be.
We know it takes 3 rings to to equal to your accomplishments in the field, years of dedication and commitment by those that support. What you have and will do is truly amazing.
I tell you truly and you met us, we are a simple kind folk, this will hurt us very much. Now our shores are filled with another oil disaster by BP. I fear the world grows tired of us and our problems, and as you said “Welcome to the club”. I dont think Id trade anything for that day, but yes what you say makes sense. I just hope we are strong enough and stick together like we did before when it mattered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore