PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Sad: Alan Greenburg died of a heart attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT- Sad off topic Alan Greenburg Died of a heart attack

RIP AG :(
Thoughts&prayers

Re: Did you guys see this....totally sad!

Wasn't Greenberg the writer who was all b*tched out about BB giving injury info to Reiss and not to everyone else?

It is sad but I'm begining to wonder first Bogus, now Greenberg. Felger better watch out.

RIP, Alan. Passed way too young.

Going to watch FSNE in a few min , before it was mostly to see some more pats analysis, but I think its going to be about Alan, and rightfully so..

another 3 poster duplicate. do the research please

Wasn't Greenberg the writer who was all b*tched out about BB giving injury info to Reiss and not to everyone else?

It is sad but I'm begining to wonder first Bogus, now Greenberg. Felger better watch out.

Don't be too classy now.

I am so sad to hear this, my condolences to his family.

I remember listening to Alan Greenberg on the radio once and thinking "of all the sports reporters I've ever heard, this is the guy I'd want to invite over for dinner." He seemed genuinely smart, not just smart-alecky, with a great, quick sense of humor.

So sad, my heart goes out to his family. Hey does anyone remember, was he the reporter that chimed in during a press conference "I do" in response to BB saying that nobody cared what he thought? I think it was him, it was a pretty funny moment.

So sad, my heart goes out to his family. Hey does anyone remember, was he the reporter that chimed in during a press conference "I do" in response to BB saying that nobody cared what he thought? I think it was him, it was a pretty funny moment.

That's it exactly. Every Patriots beat writer has to cope with the brick wall that is the Patriots' public info feed. Some grovel, some snipe bitterly, but only Greenberg had the humor (and chutzpah) to actually tease Belichick about it. His exasperation was good-natured and funny, and helped me appreciate how tough the Pats beat must be.

Very Nice tribute to Alan on FSNE... He is going to be missed...:(

One of the good guys......RIP Alan.

I'm 56. It really hammers home how short and unpredictable life can be.

But that's not what this post is about - I really just wanted to say my heart goes out to his family. It's a terrible tragedy when someone dies so young.

i just saw the news on fsn . I'm shocked to say the least .rip Alan .tomorrow isn't guaranteed to anybody.

Last edited:

What a tragedy. It's hard to find the words when someone in the middle of life with a young family suddenly has it taken away.

My condolences go out to his wife and those three young children.

When I saw this thread, I was thinking it couldn't be true. I didn't know Alan but his oldest son is a grade behind my son so I'd see him here in town at a little league field or, like this past Saturday, at a gym for a youth basketball game. His son's team beat my son's team on Saturday in a playoff game. As had happened a few times before, I was surprised to see Alan at the game, in this case because I thought that all the Pats free agent activity would have kept him away. Instead of sitting on a phone somewhere listening in on the Adalius Thomas conference call (which was scheduled right in the middle of his son's game), he was being a dad and watching his son play a game. Obviously, Alan had his priorities straight!

I'm sure that his poor son woke up this morning all excited about his playoff basketball game only to then have his whole world implode. What a horror!

My heart goes out to his wife and 3 children.

What tragic news and my condolences to his family. RIP Alan!

I'm really sad to hear this news. My sincere condolences to his family. RIP Alan.

I just got through watching FSNE and saw their tribute to Alan Greenburg.

He was always one of my favorite guests on that show, I always enjoyed listening to him. His measured cadence in delivering his points of view was probably what I liked best, in that you could tell he was offering up well thought out points of view. Unlike screamers like Michael Holley or Andy Gresh, Greenburg was relaxing to listen to.

Prayers for his family, I am very sorry to hear of this news.

Bob G

Ditto....a sad day...AG RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand