PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Sad: Alan Greenburg died of a heart attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT- Sad off topic Alan Greenburg Died of a heart attack

Shocking news...I enjoyed his writing and TV appearances. He will be missed. I feel bad for his family.

He was a likable guy, always enjoyed his spots on FSNE. I was amazed he was 55, he seemed much younger. Just shows that life is fragile, live for today.

I will MISS Alan Greenburg. He was in the top class of sportswriters and I so enjoyed his views and perspectives. Heartfelt prayers to his family.

Real sad to see that, especially since he has young kids.

Plenty of times I've disagreed with his opinion, but always someone I respected.... unlike certain other writers down there.

Sad news indeed. While I didn't always agree with his POV in some of his articles, he never took on the condescending tone many of his counterparts did. Maybe it was because he was writing from the fringe of Pats Nation (in CT) and not in Boston. I did enjoy him on FSNE.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

FSN Sports Tonight did ( i heard) a great peice about 3 min long last night....does anyone have this vid (youtube, ect...) I would love to see it!

FSN Sports Tonight did ( i heard) a great peice about 3 min long last night....does anyone have this vid (youtube, ect...) I would love to see it!

It's being repeated tonight at 6:30, said WEEI this morning.

Last edited:

I was never a bog fan of his but this is really terrible to see.

It's being repeated tonight at 6:30, said WEEI this morning.

Oh well....i won't be able to catch that.

i always liked him
to add to the sad news
his son was to be bar-mitzvahed this saturday at gillette stadium

Just listened to him today on the Adalius conference call at patriots.com.

An important member of the Patriots Nation family has been lost --- condolences.

Here it is. Click on the picture of Alan Greenberg on the right.

http://fsnnewengland.com/index.jsp

Today is his funeral. Tomorrow was to be his son's Bar Mitzvah.

The past three days, http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/ has been running e-mails that have been pouring in from media people, local and national, that have painted an amazing picture of an amazing human being.

A life well-lived.......just unfairly cut short.

BB's comments on Greenberg's sudden passing:

The Patriots press corps continues to grieve the death Tuesday of the Hartford Courant’s Alan Greenberg at age 55. Belichick, who had some spirited exchanges with Greenberg over the years, preempted the Walker conference call to express his condolences.

“We’re shocked and saddened by the news about Alan,” Belichick said. “We want to express our deepest sympathies and condolences to his family and our prayers and thoughts are with them. We’re extremely saddened at the loss of a member of the family and person that I had contact with virtually every day for the past several years. It’s obviously a very, very sad loss. As I said, our thoughts and prayers are with them.

“He was a person that definitely added a lot of levity to the press conferences, even though he asked a lot of very difficult questions. He had a unique way of phrasing some of his opinions and questions, but he certainly added a flavor to the conferences that was very unique and I think we all came to appreciate his sense of humor, which at times was self-deprecating, but also he could definitely be tough and put you on the spot, which he did many times to me, but in a respectful way.
“I enjoyed our interactions and the exchanges with him. It was, again, a very unique part of those daily sessions.”

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=187146

condolences to his family

a real bad bad news

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill