PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ryan Clady Traded to the Jests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo.... apparently he did re-do his contract, which isn't awful, though might still not be team friendly enough to re-sign Fitz to what he wants

Which of course is the bottom line

Exactly WHO is Clady protecting??

It's like the Gift of the Magi where the Jets take the money for a QB and use it on an LT instead

Don't really think the cap space acquired from Brick retiring was destined for a QB. LT is not a hole you want left open. Just so happens it's been filled with money to spare. So they could probably do some "minor" restructuring to get Fitz in @7mil.

Don't forget about Wilk though. That 14/15 mil in cap space is still an almost inevitable likelihood.

Trade Wilk, get a better draft pick, sign Fitz and still have cap left over. Off-season well done!

Though I still say I'd rather roll with Geno. However I realize I'm in the minority. Should know in a couple weeks.

Don't really think the cap space acquired from Brick retiring was destined for a QB. LT is not a hole you want left open. Just so happens it's been filled with money to spare. So they could probably do some "minor" restructuring to get Fitz in @7mil.

Don't forget about Wilk though. That 14/15 mil in cap space is still an almost inevitable likelihood.

Trade Wilk, get a better draft pick, sign Fitz and still have cap left over. Off-season well done!

Though I still say I'd rather roll with Geno. However I realize I'm in the minority. Should know in a couple weeks.

Fitz won't sign for 7. No chance. You aren't gonna get a great pick for Mo because it's a pick plus he would need a contract. Think about the same as C Jones.

Fitz won't sign for 7. No chance. You aren't gonna get a great pick for Mo because it's a pick plus he would need a contract. Think about the same as C Jones.

We'll have to disagree on whether Fitz signs for 7 or maybe even 8. If the Jets were going to pay more, they would have already. They know he's not getting more anywhere else.

And that's all I expect from trading Wilk. We'd send Wilk and our 20th for an upgraded 1st rounder.

With his less than stellar play last season, the jets need to punt on revis, but they gave guaranteed a huge amount of his contract.

Why?

We'll have to disagree on whether Fitz signs for 7 or maybe even 8. If the Jets were going to pay more, they would have already. They know he's not getting more anywhere else.

And that's all I expect from trading Wilk. We'd send Wilk and our 20th for an upgraded 1st rounder.

Be hard to do that. May move up a bit to mid teens but most would rather draft a young kid versus having Mo.

With his less than stellar play last season, the jets need to punt on revis, but they gave guaranteed a huge amount of his contract.

Why?

Because Woody.

Why?

Because he's still a great CB. Don't forget, even though the cap hit this season is 17mil, the contract averages 14mil over the entire span. This is the last year he's completely guaranteed.

As of now Revis' deal is the least of my worries. I'm still thrilled to have him leading the secondary in a pass-heavy league.

Be hard to do that. May move up a bit to mid teens but most would rather draft a young kid versus having Mo.

If Mo goes to a team that only gives us a pick in the teens, I'd expect a 2nd or 3rd rounder would be included as well. We'll see soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes