PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Rudi Johnson Rips Cincy Play Calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Boy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was listening to Fox Sports Radio on the ride home with Chris Meyers. Rudi has been calling out the coaching staff to the national media that the Bengals are not running the ball enough, citing that they are undefeated when he gets 25 or more touches a game. He failed to mention that two of the teams starting O-lineman have been injured. He stated that all of the teams losses (including against the Pats) were essentially due to the fact that they didn't give him the ball enough.

This isn't the first time a player has done this(that player being other than TO, that is). Steve Smith has done this many times too.

Cincy, for some reason, is another one of those over-hyped teams. Their D was suspect last year, and again this year.

hes got a point. when Rudi is your featured back whos a pro bowler..having a good year..you feed him like 5 times and he does great but then u ignore him rest of game?..if hes rolling then dont stop

Didn't hear it but I do know this - the play calling was awful against Atlanta. They came out and pounded the run the first drive and scored easily. They then went exclusively to throwing. It was crazy and it did cost them the game.

Rudi popping off is just due to the culture Marvin Lewis has built. Chad Johnson pops off and they go out of their way to do what he asks. Rudi is just following his lead.

dhamz said:
Didn't hear it but I do know this - the play calling was awful against Atlanta. They came out and pounded the run the first drive and scored easily. They then went exclusively to throwing. It was crazy and it did cost them the game.

Rudi popping off is just due to the culture Marvin Lewis has built. Chad Johnson pops off and they go out of their way to do what he asks. Rudi is just following his lead.

i agree, out of everyone on that team i probably respect rudi johnson the most - he was one of the only ones to act maturely after we kicked the crap out of them (unlike whosyourmama or palmer) and he's always kept his head down and worked hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News