Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT Rudi Johnson Rips Cincy Play Calling

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by kurtinelson, Oct 31, 2006.

1. kurtinelson

kurtinelson Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -2

#37 Jersey

I was listening to Fox Sports Radio on the ride home with Chris Meyers. Rudi has been calling out the coaching staff to the national media that the Bengals are not running the ball enough, citing that they are undefeated when he gets 25 or more touches a game. He failed to mention that two of the teams starting O-lineman have been injured. He stated that all of the teams losses (including against the Pats) were essentially due to the fact that they didn't give him the ball enough.
  2. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

This isn't the first time a player has done this(that player being other than TO, that is). Steve Smith has done this many times too.

Cincy, for some reason, is another one of those over-hyped teams. Their D was suspect last year, and again this year.
  3. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

hes got a point. when Rudi is your featured back whos a pro bowler..having a good year..you feed him like 5 times and he does great but then u ignore him rest of game?..if hes rolling then dont stop
  4. dhamz

dhamz Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Didn't hear it but I do know this - the play calling was awful against Atlanta. They came out and pounded the run the first drive and scored easily. They then went exclusively to throwing. It was crazy and it did cost them the game.

Rudi popping off is just due to the culture Marvin Lewis has built. Chad Johnson pops off and they go out of their way to do what he asks. Rudi is just following his lead.
  5. Lockdown06

Lockdown06 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i agree, out of everyone on that team i probably respect rudi johnson the most - he was one of the only ones to act maturely after we kicked the crap out of them (unlike whosyourmama or palmer) and he's always kept his head down and worked hard.