PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rodgers Isolating Himself/Packers Reportedly Done With Him

His entire one SB they won on the backs of a good D + failures at the biggest times…

GB should be glad to move on. He is bringing zero more championships to the city.

His contract.

Rodgers is due a $59 million bonus in 2023. The Jets dont have the cap space. The Falcons, Raiders and Texans do.

The way I read this, Green Bay will eat 59 million in cap if he's traded.

Seriously, this is an option?

And imagine being so self centered that you'd walk away from that bonus. Just play a year and push a few hundred families out of cyclical poverty, Aaron.

milana-vayntrub-lily-att.gif

There's an obvious joke about A-Aron finally coming around to quarantining himself to spare his teammates and the Packers' organization his [possibly mental? definitely emotional] illness, but I'll pass.

Seriously though, I don't think any athletic ****show has filled me with as much schadenfreude as the Rodgers/Packers drama has been, save for the Kyrie-induced Brooklyn Nets implosion.

All I know is that the ****er better not retire this year because he doesn't deserve to share the same HoF stage as Brady.

His entire one SB they won on the backs of a good D + failures at the biggest times…

GB should be glad to move on. He is bringing zero more championships to the city.
Yea.. no thanks on that choker

If they are doing that, any team acquiring Rodgers will have to give up either Watson or Russell Wilson type trade compensation. That is a huge concession by the Packers which would require them to get multiple first and second rounders for Rodgers. They are not going to eat $59 million and get a third round pick in compensation. They will need multiple high picks since that type of dead money will limit them from acquiring and keeping free agents.

I wouldn't give up that much for Rodgers for one or two years.

If they are doing that, any team acquiring Rodgers will have to give up either Watson or Russell Wilson type trade compensation. That is a huge concession by the Packers which would require them to get multiple first and second rounders for Rodgers. They are not going to eat $59 million and get a third round pick in compensation. They will need multiple high picks since that type of dead money will limit them from acquiring and keeping free agents.

I wouldn't give up that much for Rodgers for one or two years.
ChatGPT:
It's difficult to predict exactly what type of compensation the Packers would require in exchange for Aaron Rodgers, as it ultimately depends on the team's negotiating leverage and the market demand for a quarterback of his caliber. However, it's likely that the Packers would indeed demand a significant amount of compensation in any potential trade for Rodgers, given his status as a former MVP and one of the top quarterbacks in the league.

As you mentioned, the Packers would be taking on a large amount of dead money if they were to trade Rodgers, which would limit their ability to acquire and retain free agents. This could potentially weaken the team's overall roster and make it more difficult to compete in the long term. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that the Packers would want to receive multiple high draft picks in exchange for Rodgers to help offset some of the long-term consequences of trading away their star quarterback.

Ultimately, whether or not it makes sense for a team to give up significant compensation for Rodgers depends on their specific circumstances and goals. For a team that is in win-now mode and has a strong supporting cast already in place, acquiring Rodgers could be a worthwhile gamble. However, for a team that is rebuilding or lacks the pieces to compete immediately, it may not be worth sacrificing multiple high draft picks for a short-term boost at quarterback.

The only way Aaron has a shot of winning another title is if the entire team is stacked. He only does well in the regular season with some talent, but the lack of talent in critical areas always has been exposed in the playoffs which he cannot overcome.

I will believe the Packers when it actually happens.

Otc is showing -8.7m in cap savings, and 40.3m in dead cap if he's traded pre 6/1... post 6/1 trade its 15.79m in cap savings, and 15.8m in dead cap this year...

the numbers from otc
JpxBChe.jpg

Last edited:
Jets welcomed Favre at his end, didn’t they? Makes sense, doncha think?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back