PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rodgers Isolating Himself/Packers Reportedly Done With Him

He said that he didn't care in the McAfee show, but I think that is a big deal. Not even saying he's in the wrong either I'd want my induction to be about me if I got into the HOF with his resume.
Sure, but IMO it's far from the top of his list of concerns. If this is where the road ends, this is where the road ends.

An awards ceremony five years from now IMO is not something that he dwells on.

It is amusing to think he spent those four days in that cave trying to convince himself to play another season just so his HOF day is all about him.

OTOH, he might even like the idea that he'd steal Brady's thunder, who knows?

There's an old saying, "once you start thinking about retirement, you already are". In my case, it was true. Thoughts of retirement never came up most my working life, the job(s) were rewarding and kept me too busy to think such thoughts. Then the work environment changed for the worse at the same time I was getting older and I started thinking about retirement, and it began to really change my attitudes about work. In essence I had become retired, it was just a matter of time till I actually did it.

The point is, if Rodgers has to go hide in a cave to sort things out for four days, I agree with your guess, he's already retired.

And now that this is out there, what do his teammates think? An older player having to go to a darkness retreat to figure out if he still wants to play? Doesn't sound great to me.

And what about teams who'd want to sign him as a FA? Ideally you'd want someone who is willing to give you 2-3 seasons, not someone struggling to figure out if he wants to play just one.

Our best hope is he decides to sign with the Jete and just drifts through the season half-assed. But if I were to put money on it I think he either retires or goes one more round with Green Bay.

Last edited:
Our best hope is he decides to sign with the Jete and just drifts through the season half-assed. But I were to put money on it I think he either retires or goes one more round with Green Bay.
It just shows what a big thing it is they used the #2 overall pick on Milfson who has been a total bust.

There's no way forward for them that doesn't undermine their future. Rodgers, Carr, Lamar, Jimmy G are all problematic.

The GM's biggest job is to get a QB who can play and a coaching staff that can utilize their QB's strengths.

Da Jete have failed big time, yet again.

this guy Berman is a ****ing genius...get these rich morons to go spend four ****ing days in a godamned outhouse in the dark..I am genuinely jealous
You're not wrong, but I do think that's just a doorway, ie, it leads into actual rooms.

Our best hope is he decides to sign with the Jete and just drifts through the season half-assed. But if I were to put money on it I think he either retires or goes one more round with Green Bay.
I agree on staying in GB or retiring.
My guess is one more year in GB. Grab another 60 million and go off into the sunset.
Going somewhere else and having to blend into a whole different culture and system for one year is a big gamble. If he he is thinking multiple years then that is a different story

How about the Ravens cut the sub-moronic ,illiterate Lamary Jackson and sign Rodgers.Then LaRunningback can sign his 250 million dollar boondoggle deal with Washington and the entire DC/Baltimore area will be ecstatic with fan fury...I'd die a happy man

I do like that he acknowledged how Favre put the team in a tough spot with his retiring/unretiring stuff and he doesn't want to do that to the Packers.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back