PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rex Ryan guarantees Vernon Gholston a roster spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rex Ryan guarantees Vernon Gholston a roster spot

Maybe they traded roster spot for hot dogs! sweet deal

Kinda disappointed that the reporter in the original article didn't give the actual quote. Makes me wonder if he really said that specifically or if it was inferred from his standard bluster. There some other absolutely priceless quotes, though:

“My crystal ball, I’m seeing a Super Bowl trophy in there,” Ryan said after the morning practice. “I could be wrong. But that’s what I see. Every time I go to work, that’s what I look at.”
========
“I don’t care if people don’t like it or whatever: Just shut up and win some,” Ryan said. “I’ve won a lot more than that person writing it, I can promise you that. I’ve been there. My family’s been to a bunch of these things. I know how to get there.”

Ahhh, ok, that explains it. His dad was DC on a SB winner, and his brother was a linebacker coach on some SB-winning Pats teams... therefore he knows how to win a Super Bowl. That makes sense.

Last edited:

Like someone said......"Why would you cut the embodiment of everything that it means to be a Jet?" An Over Hyped BUST.

Last edited:

Kinda disappointed that the reporter in the original article didn't give the actual quote. Makes me wonder if he really said that specifically or if it was inferred from his standard bluster. There some other absolutely priceless quotes, though:

“My crystal ball, I’m seeing a Super Bowl trophy in there,” Ryan said after the morning practice. “I could be wrong. But that’s what I see. Every time I go to work, that’s what I look at.”
========
“I don’t care if people don’t like it or whatever: Just shut up and win some,” Ryan said. “I’ve won a lot more than that person writing it, I can promise you that. I’ve been there. My family’s been to a bunch of these things. I know how to get there.”

Ahhh, ok, that explains it. His dad was DC on a SB winner, and his brother was a linebacker coach on some SB-winning Pats teams... therefore he knows how to win a Super Bowl. That makes sense.

Ryan is definitely going so overboard that he might get his players hurt especially a guy like Sanchez. Players who play the Jets are going want to beat them so bad that they might get overly agressive which could cause more injuries to his guys. Everyone around the league are going to want to shut him up.

I think Ryan is right. He has to guarantee a spot to a bust who is playing a position he is 40 lbs underweight for because his team has absolutely no depth.
Who else is he going to keep?

So far Wreck Cry'in has guaranteed two spots out of 53.

1. He has told a player that is not in camp that he is guaranteed to start if comes backs having skipped every pre-season practice.

2. He has promised a major bust a slot.

I like.

images

Excellent news. The Jets will be fielding a 52 man team.

I'm sure Wreck's "guarantee" of a roster spot to the monumental bust that is Gholston has NOTHING to do with the fact that the Jest FO gave him a RAISE for 2010 (while reducing his potential cap for 2011 and 2012)

Here's the deal:

This deal replaces years 2010 through 2012 of the contract. Gholston, who's moving from linebacker to defensive end, was set to make $1.9 million in base salary next season, but he now will receive $2.25 million in base (guaranteed), in addition to a $4 million signing bonus and a $250,000 workout bonus.

So basically, the Almighty Jesters gave Gholston $6.5 million GUARANTEED for this season. I'm sure that has nothing to do with Rex assuring his roster spot. What a joke indeed.

Last edited:
After he stares into his crystal ball, I gotta wonder if he gazes longingly into his magic mirror and demands that it affirm that he is the fattest of them all.

Last edited:

========

Let's analyze these pithy statements:

He says he's seeing the Lombardi in his crystal ball, then says "I could be wrong." Then he says, "But that's what I see." So, does he see it or not see it? Does he not believe his own eyes, or is he trying to talk himself into believing what he sees?

Then in the second statement he declares, "Just shut up and win some." Who is he telling to shut up? Himself? His team? I think the man is cracking under the pressure of Woody and Tannenbaum to maintain this role as carnival barker and still try to coach a team. Sounds to me like a veiled cry for help. Some part of him really does want to "shut up," but he can't.

And finally, who is he referring to here: "I don’t care if people don’t like it or whatever." THIS is Jabba's persecution complex once again rearing its ugly head. It's his way of abdicating responsibility for anything anyone might take exception to (actions or words).

Jabba is almost ready for a straightjacket and preseason games haven't even started yet.

I didn't know they reserved roster spots for the water boy...

In fairness to the Jets, they now have the fastest and strongest water boy in the league. They are now on the path to their coveted Super Bowl crown.

I believe this will be the third superbowl of the Hall of Fame Rex Ryan Era.

I believe this will be the third superbowl of the Hall of Fame Rex Ryan Era.

Actually, the Jets will have 5 Super Bowls this year. Two against us, two against the Dolphins, and then the actual Super Bowl (which is really just Rex Ryan's toilet after he gets back from the local all you can eat Japanese buffet).

I was down the pub last night before heading off to the Perth Glory game (MLS equivalent in Australia). Robbie Fowler the Liverpool great and one time greatest soccer player in the world has signed for the Glory. Liverpool shirts as far as the eye could see last night.

The tidbit behind this is there was a guy in a Liverpool shirt who was an acquaintance of the people I went with. He was overweight and he looked exactly like Rex Ryan. The resemblance was uncanny. My Patriots brain kicked into overdrive and I wondered if I should start hanging on the guy simply because he looked like Tubby.

It was a most unusual experience.

I was down the pub last night before heading off to the Perth Glory game (MLS equivalent in Australia). Robbie Fowler the Liverpool great and one time greatest soccer player in the world has signed for the Glory. Liverpool shirts as far as the eye could see last night.

The tidbit behind this is there was a guy in a Liverpool shirt who was an acquaintance of the people I went with. He was overweight and he looked exactly like Rex Ryan. The resemblance was uncanny. My Patriots brain kicked into overdrive and I wondered if I should start hanging on the guy simply because he looked like Tubby.

It was a most unusual experience.

Here is what you must do:

1. Convince him to put on a Patriots jersey/jacket/hat or hold a banner etc.
2. take a photo.
3. post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes