PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Revis reportedly "furious" with the Jets could Mangold be next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not mutually exclusive.
That's a matter of opinion. Corners getting QB money is just ridiculous. These guys are so disconnected from the earning world outside of sports. Good luck to them.

Last edited:
Players are trying to maximize their earnings. That makes them no different than something like 99% of the workforce and employers.

Sure, most anyone not independently wealthy usually wants to max out their earnings. But some reality. I worked for many years in high tech. After a decade of computer jockdom, most of the time I was in mid to upper management, Director to VP. The reality for the vast majority of us not working at the ciscos or Microsofts was that most companies grow and inevitably retrench. Read layoffs. What happened first in most every case was that we, as management first cut our salaries at least 10%. These weren't big salaries compared to well compensated good engineers. Not anywhere near the % difference between basic NFL starters and JAGs. The next step to avoid layoffs, we'd cut everyone's salaries 5%. After that, things really sucked. The moral of the story is that in the private sector there are many times where actions to preserve jobs or the company's existance required people taking less than "market value".

To me this is analogous to a player taking less than the very top salary for a position such that the team can field a balanced squad with some depth. It's clear that the vast majority of these already multi-millionaires to whom a few % less means nothing noticable in life style or post NFL retirement don't really value winning championships that much. I waste little sympathy for those so self-absorbed that they want their max at the potential expense of those way down on the team food chain.

Last edited:
I heard on the radio yesterday that Revis now says he "wants to be a Jet forever."

There are definite advantages to that. Like not having to worry about what your ring size is, or whether or not you'll be in a parade... :D

I heard on the radio yesterday that Revis now says he "wants to be a Jet forever."

There are definite advantages to that. Like not having to worry about what your ring size is, or whether or not you'll be in a parade... :D
If he wants to be a Jets player forever then he won't have any trouble taking a contract which is smaller than Nnamdi Asomugha's if they ask him too... or he could just go the way of NY's other beloved son and sign a 10 year 275 million if he's feeling swell about the Jets.

That should work out nicely for everyone. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk