PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Revis reportedly "furious" with the Jets could Mangold be next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsChamp88

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Revis is skipping practices because he was "thoroughly insulted" by an offer that was "pitifully low" compared to his expectations and accomplishments. Revis is believed to be seeking a deal in excess of Nnamdi Asomugha's contract, so the Jets can thank Al Davis for setting the bar ludicrously high. Revis' presence at training camp is now in doubt, and the New York Post's Bart Hubbuch says the situation is "getting ugly fast."
Twitter / Bart Hubbuch: Revis is furious with the ... / Rotoworld Darrelle Revis
Nick Mangold tells the New York Post's Bart Hubbuch that it will be a "serious issue" if he does not have a new contract by training camp. Mangold told another group of beat writers that he understands Darrelle Revis a priority and the Jets' options are somewhat limited by the 30 percent rule. Still, he's obviously frustrated by the lack of negotiation. Mangold isn't ruling out a training camp holdout, though we're certain that it wouldn't last long.
Twitter / Bart Hubbuch: Nick Mangold told me he is ... / Rotoworld Nick Mangold

Last edited:
Re: OT: Revis was reportedly "furious" with the Jets

Reassurance from Jets fans in 5, 4, 3, 2....

Re: OT: Revis is reportedly "furious" with the Jets

Was he so mad he couldn't see straight?

Well, since he is the best corner in the NFL, he should be paid like one - or are the jets just to cheap to pay him his worth??

After all, just ask any jet fan, with revis island, they don't need anyone else.

Pay the man.....

Typical Belichick moves. Revis is the best CB who ever played for him, even better than Ty Law, and he is playing lowball with him again. Both Revis and Mangold are the best players on the team other than Brady and the Pats are screwing all three of them over.

Oh wait, Revis and Mangold are Jets. I thought the Pats are the only team that peisses off their superstars with lowball offers. You read some of the doom and gloomers on this board and you would believe that.

Reassurance from Jets fans in 5, 4, 3, 2....
Nope. I'm worried.
Well, since he is the best corner in the NFL, he should be paid like one - or are the jets just to cheap to pay him his worth??

After all, just ask any jet fan, with revis island, they don't need anyone else.

Pay the man.....

I really, really hate Al Davis for ******* up the CB market when he gave that contract to Nnamdi. It's going to be real hard to pay Revis what he wants, AND pay Mangold, AND Harris AND Ferguson. Harris and Ferguson being next year.

Nope. I'm worried.

I really, really hate Al Davis for ******* up the CB market when he gave that contract to Nnamdi. It's going to be real hard to pay Revis what he wants, AND pay Mangold, AND Harris AND Ferguson. Harris and Ferguson being next year.

You can also thank your idiotic coach for inflating your entire team's ego to the point where they believe they deserve more than they do.

I would've never thought that Revis would be the biggest headache in that CB corps. Good job, Cromartie?

I would've never thought that Revis would be the biggest headache in that CB corps. Good job, Cromartie?

This isn't that surprising considering he held out his rookie season for a little bit.

Although, the Jets are probably as much or more at fault than Revis for that dispute back in '07. The Jets wanted to sign him for 6 years, while he wanted 5. Almost no one, other than QBs, gets 6 year rookie contracts.

Last edited:

I'd be curious to see what the Jets offered, for him to consider it pitifully low. Could definitely just be negotiating posturing; they might not be all that far apart really.

The problem for Revis is he that he has no leverage. The Jets have him under contract for 3 more seasons at $21 million. No cornerback should be making more then $12 million a year regardless of what Al Davis did. The only position that you can tie up a huge portion of your salary cap is the qb.

I sent Revis an e-mail and told him I was totally infuriated too...and that a long protracted holdout is the only way to solve this issue...

You can also thank your idiotic coach for inflating your entire team's ego to the point where they believe they deserve more than they do.

As Jabba Wrecks says with swagger, "We're the f*ckin' New York Jets."*

* = New Jersey Green Beans.

Maybe the only thing I'd be concerned with is that 2 of my big players are disgruntled. Usually this all becomes washed away once football comes around but you never know. I'd love if the Jets re-signed Revis to stupid money, released Mangold as a result. How long would it take BB to contact Mangold, 2 minutes into free agency?

Maybe the only thing I'd be concerned with is that 2 of my big players are disgruntled. Usually this all becomes washed away once football comes around but you never know. I'd love if the Jets re-signed Revis to stupid money, released Mangold as a result. How long would it take BB to contact Mangold, 2 minutes into free agency?

BB wouldn't be signing a FA C who wants to be the highest paid C in the NFL.
He doesnt make decisions based on whether its embarrassing to a competitor that he ends up signing the guy they lost.

Lest by some miracle Mangold is jilted by tubby to the point of signing a rival-town sweetheart deal in an effort to throw a huge bird to the NYJ as a whole. In any case not holding my breath. Best we can hope for is a Revis hold out. Other than that what real leverage does he have? He is still under contract for 3 seasons no? Seems a bit early to start *****ing about out performing your contract. sure he had a great season last year but he hasnt lit up the league on a consistent basis quite yet. If he comes out and performs at a similar level as to what he did last year than he has a much more legitimate claim. It would seem prudent for the NYJ to ensure it was not a fluke season (stranger things have happened in the league).

For this year, HBO should change the name from "Hard Knocks" to "Crash Landings." I think it'll be more appropriate.

Nope. I'm worried.

Davis sure did screw that up.....

Getting good is one thing, staying good is quite another in this day and age of cap hell & inflated player egos. Next year is going to be really hard,

You simply cannot pay everyone.

Appreciation for what BB and Polian and the Rooneys have done over past and now present decade becomes even more admirable.

Davis sure did screw that up.....

Getting good is one thing, staying good is quite another in this day and age of cap hell & inflated player egos. Next year is going to be really hard,

You simply cannot pay everyone.

Appreciation for what BB and Polian and the Rooneys have done over past and now present decade becomes even more admirable

Amen brutha, amen.

Typical Belichick moves. Revis is the best CB who ever played for him, even better than Ty Law, and he is playing lowball with him again. Both Revis and Mangold are the best players on the team other than Brady and the Pats are screwing all three of them over.

Oh wait, Revis and Mangold are Jets. I thought the Pats are the only team that peisses off their superstars with lowball offers. You read some of the doom and gloomers on this board and you would believe that.

I mean, come on, the guy got you to the Feb 2011 Super Bowl, he really should be paid like a Super Bowl champ, oh wait, they haven't even played the season yet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back