Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Quality column on Indy/Baltimore game

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PonyExpress, Jan 12, 2007.

1. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

http://sportsline.com/columns/story/9924492

Quality work by an up-and-coming columnist... Another reason to dislike the current Colts (as if we needed one) is the way their slimy late owner abandoned Baltimore, taking the team name and records with him. Irsay the younger was quoted in the USAToday on Thursday, lecturing Baltimore fans that it was "high time they moved on", as if he should be the arbiter of their mercy. Now we know why Manning chokes, Polian acts like a feudal lord, and his fancy team can't win the big one: A fish rots from the head down. Look no farther than the clownish Irsay clan. Indianapolis still claims Johnny Unitas, Lenny Moore, Art Donovan et.al as its own in the football HOF. You can steal a team, but are you allowed to steal people's memories? Worse than the Dodgers leaving Brooklyn was that theft... Anyone see the movie Diner? You get a pretty good idea of how rabid Baltimore fans were back in the day. Justice would be served if Ray-Ray and company eat the horse-shoes alive tomorrow. Having said that, I find myself hoping that the Colts win, so that the Pats get an opportunity to hammer Indy in the dome next week. Pey-back is a byatch...

Final note: I believe BB grew up a fan of the Baltimore Colts, and worked there with Ted Marchibroda when Bert Jones was QB. I wonder how much he resents the team for moving, if at all...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  2. unoriginal

unoriginal In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +288 / 5 / -1

Re: OT: Quality column by Mike Freeman on Indy/Baltimore game

All I ask is that the winning team's quarterback leave the game in a hearse.

3. mosi

mosi Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +168 / 8 / -2

#12 Jersey

Another reason? Another reason? IT IS THE REASON! Those rat bastards stole the Colts from Baltimore. Plain and simple. They are not the Baltimore Colts. Even Johnny Unitas would tell you that. Scum, that is all they are, scum. Not only that, they are cursed. Until they return Johnny Unitas' cleats to Baltimore, they will never win anything.

4. Flying Fungi

Flying Fungi In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

this was forwarded to me by my cousin in MD--apparently from the B-more Sun:

5. RyanTheColtsFan

RyanTheColtsFan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Im sure the article doesn't mention how the BALTIMORE Ravens stole the Browns from Cleveland.

6. RyanTheColtsFan

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Maybe Peyton and Co. can win one for Jim Brown and the legacy of the Cleveland Browns.

7. NEPat

NEPat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yes, but Cleveland kept its colors and its past and all that, while Baltimore did not.

It was Irsay's fault, not the fans of Indy or the current team, but I'm sure Ravens fans will not care about that detail this weekend. That place is gonna be LOUD. :D

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  8. RyanTheColtsFan

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Well, its not the first game back to Baltimore. Just the first playoff game.

Doesn't matter how loud its guna be. Clots will roll.

9. NEPat

NEPat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That's true, but from everything I read and hear, Ravens fans are treating it like it's practically Irsay in the opposing huddle instead of Peyton. They are fired up for this game.

That's why I think it would help, more so than usual, if the Colts got off to a fast start. Calm things down a little.