PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Odell Beckham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this totally as what always seem to happen, the guy that retaliates is the one that gets punished. Why should that be so.

I noticed that one of the unsportsmanlike calls on Beckham was holding onto Norman's foot as he walked away. If you look closely on the TD, Norman tried the exact same thing but Beckham was too strong. I really do think its laughable that the instigator or the playground bully isn't the one pulled up too by the media. Beckham was rightly banned for the hit helmet to helmet though.

You say Beckham has a history.. well shock horror so does Norman!

Last edited:
Guy has been a ****head just about every game this year ...

foolish penalties for punching people ... kicking the ball ... needs to grow up.

It's not. It's really not. You're posting as if this is the first time Beckham's been a putz on the field, when this is just an extreme version of what he's done multiple times in the past.

Fair point, and you're right..

But lets not act like Norman a saint in all this. Truth be told, for as much of a nut OBJ looked on the field, I give him credit for keeping it on the field. I cant say the same for Norman and Finnegan. They brought it up to the media afterwords, and they took it a step further, by not actually saying it, but hinting around that OBJ is a female. Actually Norman straight up called Beckham a *****. That and knowing that Norman got a history of getting under opposing players skin, makes me very skeptical of siding with him.

For as much crap as Sherman gets for all the crap he talks, really hear what he says. He never goes after the guy personally, he goes after their game. He'll tell a guy he sucksx or hes mediocre. But thats as far as it goes.

But im done speculating what could have been said, I want to hear more. Quite frankly, they both should have been booted from the game.

Guy has been a ****head just about every game this year ...

foolish penalties for punching people ... kicking the ball ... needs to grow up.

Icy Patriot, you can say the same about Norman

Fair point, and you're right..

But lets not act like Norman a saint in all this. Truth be told, for as much of a nut OBJ looked on the field, I give him credit for keeping it on the field. I cant say the same for Norman and Finnegan. They brought it up to the media afterwords, and they took it a step further, by not actually saying it, but hinting around that OBJ is a female. Actually Norman straight up called Beckham a *****. That and knowing that Norman got a history of getting under opposing players skin, makes me very skeptical of siding with him.

For as much crap as Sherman gets for all the crap he talks, really hear what he says. He never goes after the guy personally, he goes after their game. He'll tell a guy he sucksx or hes mediocre. But thats as far as it goes.

But im done speculating what could have been said, I want to hear more. Quite frankly, they both should have been booted from the game.
he got in a fistfight with Newton in TC, so not just opposing players

Last edited:
Beckham is no saint, but i feel that Norman is still a relatively unknown amongst fans still.

Norman gets into as much scraps on during the game as OBJ does. I think people after this is really gonna see who Norman is. Norman is a punk..

Hes having a great year, but before this, he was mostly known for being the teammate Cam Newton beat down.

Panthers have a "bat ceremony" before every game, use gay slurs and try to provoke a player during his warmup using a practice squad player not in uniform. Not a peep from the league.

#integrity

Odell (likely at the prodding of team, lawyers and/or endorsers) has decided to apologize, though not to Norman:

I owe some people an apology. I wasn’t raised to act like I did the other day. I am not here to make excuses for my conduct. This isn’t about anything that was said or done to me. This is about my behavior, and I am responsible for my behavior. People expect better from me, and I expect better from myself.

First of all, I apologize to the organization I represent, the Giants, and our ownership, John Mara and his family and Steve Tisch and his family. And Jerry Reese, who drafted me and gave me the opportunity to be a part of this organization.

I want to apologize to Giants fans. They want to be proud of us, and proud of players like me who represent their team. What happened the other day was embarrassing to them and embarrassing to me.

A lot of kids look up to me as a role model. That is a responsibility I accept and take seriously. Many of the parents of those kids have asked since Sunday what they should say to their children about my conduct. I don’t have the perfect answer, but I think one thing they can say is how I handled myself the other day is an example of how not to conduct yourself. I displayed poor sportsmanship. And those parents can also say that when you act like that, there are consequences. And I hope to be an example of somebody who did something wrong and learned from it.

I owe Coach Coughlin, our coaches and my teammates an apology. They have had to answer for my actions, and that’s not fair to them. How I conduct myself is my responsibility. I let my coaches and teammates down.

I am blessed and privileged to play the game I love, and I will do all I can to carry myself in a way that honors the game, the NFL, my team, my coaches, all my fans and my family moving forward.

Statement from Odell Beckham Jr.

No one ever said Norman was a saint, not once, actually from the very beginning he's been called out. What Odell did tops Normans shenanigans and deserves a steeper punishment, it's that simple.

Giants P Brad Wing explains what Panthers said to Odell Beckham

sounds a bit more threatening than a simple motivational tool. Panthers' guy should be suspended too, if this checks out.

I agree with you that the Panthers player should face some discipline from the league. That's just bizarre behavior.

What I don't get, and this is just me, is why Beckham was so freaked out by the pregame confrontation with Marcus Ball. If I were in Beckham's position and someone said that to me on the street during the week or in the parking lot before the game, I'd be legitimately worried. Beckham actually received that "threat" (assuming Wing's account is accurate) in the least likely place for it to be taken seriously. They were on a football field, in front of thousands of Beckham's fans, and cameras of all kinds. On top of that, Beckham has 45 teammates, many of them bigger than him, in the immediate vicinity to come to his aid, plus security. There was zero chance that the Panthers PS guy was really going to attack him in that situation.

Beckham is no saint, but i feel that Norman is still a relatively unknown amongst fans still.

Norman gets into as much scraps on during the game as OBJ does. I think people after this is really gonna see who Norman is. Norman is a punk..

Hes having a great year, but before this, he was mostly known for being the teammate Cam Newton beat down.
I think that this is just Beckham putting himself above the rest of the league. And the league, coaches(Coughlin) , analysts (ie Mike Ervin) defending his actions. Trash talk, to extreme extents, has been going on forever. Man the F' up!!! We've all read stories of guys stuck in piles, getting their eyes gouged out. Getting into vile, disgusting exchanges of words. BAD, BAD words!!! Just another example of the league pandering to the "Elite" NY, fantasy darling. Come on, Beckhams feelings were hurt??? Please!!!
I'm glad he was suspended, Watching this guy run around the field with his tongue hanging out, taking off his helmet, kicking the ball, taunting.... His leash is let out too long. Time to reel it in a bit IMO. I personally don't enjoy watching him play for those reasons. He's a perfect example of the leagues fantasy league gone bad. And many are condoning it. WTF??? But air pressure, that's the villain.o_O

Unfortunately beckham did not launch himself properly and simultaneously end Normans career as well as his own.....

It's starting to become pretty understandable how Hardy got the way he is while with the panthers

No one ever said Norman was a saint, not once, actually from the very beginning he's been called out. What Odell did tops Normans shenanigans and deserves a steeper punishment, it's that simple.

I agree. Beckham deserved to be suspended the rest of the season, and Norman, the very least a game.

They both should have been ejected

This is the post where you "answered" my question.

Can you point out the part where you confirm or deny, or go into detail AT ALL about any of the Reggie Bush stuff I asked about with regards to your comment in this post here?

OT: Odell Beckham | Page 5 | New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

I mean I get it, you're grumpy, but saying I'm revising history, because i asked you a question about something YOU BROUGHT UP and you telling me to go talk to panthers fans, seems kind of like BS to me.

Feel free to point out where I'm revising history, or you know go back and edit your posts and then come back and point it out it that makes you feel better.

Below is the post where I answered you. I gave you one of the twitter sources I had seen. The one you quoted was the follow-up to this one.

Ask any Carolina Panther's fan.

jakesports ‏@Skinsshero 10m10 minutes ago
@ChrisLaw @DeionSanders @RichEisenShow They always have the bat.Started with Reggie Bush in NO

You chose to not take it as a source. And I told you to talk to Panther's fans. As I had done in the past. That's how I learned about it. Furthermore, the post you quoted was the follow-up to your post :

So the threatening with a bat started when playing against Reggie Bush, or reggie bush started the whole carry a bat onto the field thing?

Sorry DaBruinz, but JakeSports isn't someone i've ever heard of before, and there is a distinct lack of details here to just be taking it as gospel.

You're question about threatening with a bat was BS since it never happened. The carrying the bat had been going on for years. As was pointed out by Schefter and Albert Breer in numerous tweets.. And yes, Rochrist got information from a Panthers site. Sorry that I don't go to every other team's fan discussion sites..

It's amazing how you can't even follow the thread, Chasa, and have to resort to making stuff up that was never said. You are better than that. Show me where I claimed you were revising history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes