PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Mort has stage 4 throat Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find nothing harsh about your post. You offered empathy, something all sentient beings deserve.
Did you actually read his post? He offered sympathy to a guy with throat cancer if and only if he acknowledges that he reported incorrect info and somehow blows the lid off of Deflategate.

This is because of a tweet about the air pressure in footballs.

I'm both proud of this forum and grossed out at the same time.

OK but defaming a fellow human being simply to selfishly advance your career is pretty bad, too.

He said footballs were deflated.

What are you saying?

Stay strong Mort .... you can beat it.
12 out of every 12 times infinity of Patriots fans support your battle.

Best regards to you and your family.

Well said. An 8 point underdog, on the road, with a 20 mile wind in your face: Victory happens all the time!
Best.

Did you actually read his post? He offered sympathy to a guy with throat cancer if and only if he acknowledges that he reported incorrect info and somehow blows the lid off of Deflategate.

This is because of a tweet about the air pressure in footballs.

I'm both proud of this forum and grossed out at the same time.
If I understood correctly. he offered empathy. Sympathy and respect were the things offered under a condition. I don't necessarily agree with the second part. but I don't see anything harsh about it.

Stay strong Mort .... you can beat it.

12 out of every 12 times infinity of Patriots fans support your battle.

Best regards to you and your family.

Last edited:
If I understood correctly. he offered empathy. Sympathy and respect were the things offered under a condition. I don't necessarily agree with the second part. but I don't see anything harsh about it.
Of course not. We should high five him.

Anyway, moving on.

He said footballs were deflated.

What are you saying?

I'm saying he went along with a scheme to defame someone. I'm saying he was fully aware of what he was doing. I'm saying that he hasn't shown any regret or remorse for what he did. I'm saying that makes him a not nice person.

I'm not saying he deserves cancer.

There is more to life than football. My prayers go out to Mort and his family. Cancer is a sucky disease and no one deserves this fight. A very close friend was told she had 1 year, then two days later they changed it to 6 months, and she died 10 days later. It sucks! I may not agree with Mort's reporting ethics, but he is still a human being facing a terrible uphill battle.

Of course not. We should high five him.

Anyway, moving on.
I think empathy covers it. Sympathy, in my understanding, is feeling bad for someone without a true understanding and sharing of what the person is going through. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the meaning of sympathy.

OK but defaming a fellow human being simply to selfishly advance your career is pretty bad, too.

You should have taken advantage of the ignore thread feature, or kept your take to yourself. Ian made his position pretty clear.

I'm saying he went along with a scheme to defame someone. I'm saying he was fully aware of what he was doing. I'm saying that he hasn't shown any regret or remorse for what he did. I'm saying that makes him a not nice person.

Yea. Mort made a call. He had the choice to "out" his sources and voice his true feelings about what had transpired and instead he chose to protect his career and be subservient to the powers that be.

With this news about his health, I now wonder if this had anything to do with his prolonged absence from the airwaves.

yeah, absolutely - he's still garbage, being sick doesn't turn you into a different person.

but, ofc we hope he recovers -- it's just football
hope he recovers to lose his career + live a long + miserable life

btw, balt, colts....and now mort.....?

I'd kinda be worried right now if I were goodell

I think empathy covers it. Sympathy, in my understanding, is feeling bad for someone without a true understanding and sharing of what the person is going through. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the meaning of sympathy.
Yes, I'm sure that he was making that distinction when he said that it's a case of a bad thing happening to a bad person. But you gave him an attaboy, so everything's cool.

At least he didn't use the phrase "common sense," because that would've revealed him as some sort of subhuman.

Anyway, I'm not doing this again with you, because you're icky. Enjoy arguing with yourself.

PS Nice edit, jackass. Should've left the first comment.

Attention Ian:
All these messages of concern are a wonderful display yet offer no direct support for Mort. Might I suggest PatsFans.Com send Mort (via ESPN if necessary) some type of "Message to Mort from PatsFans.Com members"

Possible content: 11 out of 12 Pats Fans want you to get better so you can investigate Peyton Manning.

this may actually be technically correct considering wheelman

I think Michael Douglas recovered from Stage 4 throat cancer or some oral cancer. Hopefully, Mort can do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST