PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Mike Irvin on Romo - "He's Tom Brady Huge"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Someone on the CMB posted this-pretty funny. A snippet on this article.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/cowboys/2008-08-04-tony-romo_N.htm?csp=34

With thousands of fans chanting his name, Romo stays true to his third-string roots, signing post-practice autographs.

"I've never seen a rise as fast as Tony Romo's," Hall of Fame Cowboys wideout Michael Irvin says. "Young ladies are yelling, 'Will you marry me!?' Jessica may have something to say about that.

"He's Tom Brady huge. And it took Brady three Super Bowl wins to get here. Tony's only been starting one full year.

"Imagine if this team goes and wins a Super Bowl how huge Tony becomes?"

Re: OT: Mike Irvin on Romo-"He's Tom Brady Huge"

Thanks for posting this. I needed a good laugh. :D

Thanks for the laugh crackhead.

Homo is the most overrated qb ever.

Well, they say things are bigger in Texas. So I guess that mean in Texas a good, but not great QB is bigger than one of the best of all times.

P.S. I don't see the big deal. It sounds like Irvin is talking about Romo's popularlity, not his talent.

Duh, Tom Brady won a Super Bowl his first year starting. After being a FOURTH stringer. He carried the team to victory in the Snow Bowl and when the game was on the line, his game-winning drive in the Super Bowl gave not just John Madden, but millions of Pats fans including me, goose bumps.

If Michael Irvin has never seen a rise as fast as Romo's (who has been starting for 1 - 1/2 years but has never won a playoff game) then he must be smoking crack again. Or else he is just such a homer that he hasn't been paying attention.

Yeah, what a joke.

This is WAAAYY too gay (not that there's anything wrong with that):rofl::rofl:

Can you imagine what it will be like down there when he say.....wins his first playoff game????? He's only 14 wins behind Tom.......

a couple of things...

Brady was huge the day Bledsoe went to the sidelines.. It only took the first super bowl to cement it...

They hated Bledsoe in Dallas, once TO came on board he had no chance NONE.

Romo is more hype than anything, I dislike him way more than Farve..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents