PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Merriman chooses to forego surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I'm getting to this topic late, so forgive me if I say stuff that's already been said 80 times...

Apparently the doctors did tell him that he wouldn't make the injury any worse by playing. Nonetheless, I'm in the camp that thinks this is a bad idea. IIRC, he's only 28, he can afford to take a year off to rehab and should be able to make good money when he comes back. By playing this year, he runs a high risk of ending his career permanently.

But hey, at least you know he'll be classy about it. :D

Apparently the doctors did tell him that he wouldn't make the injury any worse by playing.

Unless he injuries his knee where what might have been a strained ligament on a healthy knee could be a season or even career ending injury because two of his four ligaments are shot. He plants his foot wrong once and it could end his career.

Again I'm getting to this topic late, so forgive me if I say stuff that's already been said 80 times...

Apparently the doctors did tell him that he wouldn't make the injury any worse by playing. Nonetheless, I'm in the camp that thinks this is a bad idea. IIRC, he's only 28, he can afford to take a year off to rehab and should be able to make good money when he comes back. By playing this year, he runs a high risk of ending his career permanently.

But hey, at least you know he'll be classy about it. :D

Only 24 actually.

Absolute stupidity. Why doesn't he have it done now while he's young, get it out the way and get on with the rest of his career. Too many hits I think because this kid makes some awful decisions.

I hope this works out for you because the lights will be out on your career Shawne.

Should of had it back in January when the team recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST