PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Madden 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a really unfair thread to have to come home to.

I just spent my days looking for a local copy of Madden 12 for the PC... bought an XBox Controller at the first store I went to.. unfortunately not one salesman knew enough to tell me that Madden 12 isn't available for the PC.

I am now officially bummed.

:(

Yes, unfortunately Madden has not been available for the PC for a few years (2009 I think was the final year). I am not much of a gamer but used to enjoy playing Madden every now and then. Given that I am not into other games I really could not justify going out to purchase a game system for the purpose of playing Madden once or twice a month.

I'll give you a few tips. If you just want to change a couple of players on your team, do it before you start franchise mode. Goto my madden, then nfl rosters. Then make some trades. The trades will almost always be agreed to. Then after making the roster changes, save it. Now start your franchise game. Your franchise mode roster will reflect the changes you made before. This way I added Calvin Johnson and Suh to my team. Yeah, try running on wilfork and suh! And Johnson is just a beast.

As for the draft, you really should pick your own players. If you go through the scouting process, you can narrow down the better players. When you bring them in for personal workout you will get letter grades for their potential. The A ones are obviously the best, make sure to draft these players. and sometimes A rated players are not even 1st round graded, so just draft them 1 round ahead of where they are graded and you guarantee you will get them. That's called getting a draft bargain!

Last of all, your picks are considered very valuable by the CPU before the season ends. So after 4 games into the franchise season, check out the standings, then trade your picks to the worst team in the NFL. For example I traded my 2011 1st round pick to say the Dolphins for their 2011 1st round pick, and their 2012 1st round pick and 2012 2nd round pick. That's right, the computer really undervalues future picks, so if you're willing to defer your reward, like BB does, you can really stock up on high future picks too! This should be enough to allow you to dominate the draft. In the first year I acquired the #1 overall pick in the draft while having like 4 first rounders waiting to be used in the next draft. Now with a #1 overall pick, you can trade for just about any player that you want, and of course get in return that player plus future picks.

This post is BEAST!!!:rocker::rocker::rocker:

As far as online lobby games, good luck. I have no real pointers. It's a glitch fest. That's why I play in leagues almost exclusively. I am only 17-4 in online ranked games because I can't stand playing them.

As far as offensive strategy, it's the same as real football. Disguise what you're doing. Run and pass from the same formations, with the same player motions, etc. I find this game is easier to establish the run than past games, and as such, you can then use that to create passing opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST