PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Madden 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
in franchise mode, every night game is raining with pats. 1:00 games are overcast for me

You can edit stats in franchise mode now, when you set up the franchise you can select "edit players : yes" and you can change the stats of any player (including players you draft).

can you cut opposing players and pick them up to make PATS roster more accurate??? like Tate is gone etc... I have no XBOX live so I cannot get updated player stats and rosters so I have to do it manually now:eek:

that is good to know you can edit players in Franchise mode. Time for a PERFECT Pats team to make me bad ass and familar w/ the game. This will be my 2nd Madden Ever. IDC if I make Pats perfect b/c I get that much better when playing as all the other teams. It worked in Madden 11 for me I even had Julius Peppers :) and three custom players 1 was me:cool:

old Madden's you could NOT edit players in Franchise mode correct?

I don't need to DRAFT ppl if I cut a player or 2 from a different team ;-) it's not like I need them when I make myself a perfect 6'6 WR and my Father a 6'7 TE and my Buddy GM a LB. I'll make a CB and a DE

when you make your team PERFECT you LEARN sooo much.

I still suck as a RB and pass-rushing FYI

My 360 Elite died after 5 yrs this January before school. It is not repaired yet I b/c havent sent it

RROD after 5 years. You get what you PAY for so buy BIG and get longevity. I know ppl on their 3rd and 4th regular xboxes

to avoid RROD if it flashes Red turn the phucker off for the Day... I foolishly turned it backk on.

I had Red Rings of death before but they get cured when you shot it off for 15-24 hours :)

Last edited:
I'm hearing that Madden 12 is way better than the previous games in the series, I actually want to buy Madden now......but I put my PS3 in my closet for this semester to ensure it wouldn't distract me from schoolwork, so I won't have it till december :(

Last edited:
I'm hearing that Madden 12 is way better than the previous games in the series, I actually want to buy Madden now......but I put my PS3 in my closet for this semester to ensure it wouldn't distract me from schoolwork, so I won't have it till december :(

good move that is why I have left mine at home for last 4 years.

too bad it broke this January:( No way am I ditching my ELITE after 5 plus yrs of fun times

take my tips for the RROD if it turns flashing Red when you r playing shut the phucker off until the following day. I had flashing Red Lights 4- 6 times and the strategy ALWAYS worked.

It BROKE when I was anxious to play more after it Flashed RED and I turned it back on then the BS number error and blue screen popped up and it was broken

Last edited:
when you draft do you draft current college talent??? or do they make up a bunch of random names and you draft them?

good move that is why I have left mine at home for last 4 years.

too bad it broke this January:( No way am I ditching my ELITE after 5 plus yrs of fun times

take my tips for the RROD if it turns flashing Red when you r playing shut the phucker off until the following day. I had flashing Red Lights 4- 6 times and the strategy ALWAYS worked.

It BROKE when I was anxious to play more after it Flashed RED and I turned it back on then the BS number error and blue screen popped up and it was broken

The Xbox 360 has it's own error reporting, red lights don't always mean your system is or will be fried. Three flashing red lights is the ring of death, the only truly serious combination.

One light means multiple things, you will usually get an error code you can look up, some fixes are as simple as removing the hard drive and then placing it back in.

2 lights (which you probably had and had mistaken for the "RROD") means a heating issue, turn it off, let it cool down, and then you can resume, you probably keep your 360 somewhere with bad airflow. Keep it in the open away from other heat sources (ie: don't keep it on top of your cable box or some other electronic that throws out a lot of heat).

4 red lights means the AV cable is loose, make sure its plugged in all the way and restart the system.

edit: the person you quoted stated he has a PS3, why are you telling him about MICROSOFTS system?

And to answer your question on drafting, you draft made up players unless you have the corresponding NCAA game to import a draft class from.

Last edited:
The Xbox 360 has it's own error reporting, red lights don't always mean your system is or will be fried. Three flashing red lights is the ring of death, the only truly serious combination.

One light means multiple things, you will usually get an error code you can look up, some fixes are as simple as removing the hard drive and then placing it back in.

2 lights (which you probably had and had mistaken for the "RROD") means a heating issue, turn it off, let it cool down, and then you can resume, you probably keep your 360 somewhere with bad airflow. Keep it in the open away from other heat sources (ie: don't keep it on top of your cable box or some other electronic that throws out a lot of heat).

4 red lights means the AV cable is loose, make sure its plugged in all the way and restart the system.

edit: the person you quoted stated he has a PS3, why are you telling him about MICROSOFTS system?

And to answer your question on drafting, you draft made up players unless you have the corresponding NCAA game to import a draft class from.

my error is either E73 or E74

Glad to help! This just comes from experience of playing franchise mode several times. If you are wondering how I got multiple 1st round picks, it is because you can usually offer current 2nd rounders and often get a future 1st and 2nd or a 1st and 3rd in return. Then the next year, repeat the cycle.

Awesome, thanks for that!

If you also have NCAA 2012, you can play that, then import that to Madden 2012. So you need to own the other game to be able to import talent into your draft. Otherwise the computer will just generate rookies randomly.

when you draft do you draft current college talent??? or do they make up a bunch of random names and you draft them?

Last edited:
I don't currently have a PS3 as it is broke, but I like Madden for online play, and the fact the rosters are updated weekly based on real player performances. It could make one team that was horrible in madden at the game's release (The Bills) into a good team to use later on in the season.

This was after the Pats win against the Chargers:

Aaron Hernandez TE NE Increase, from 84 to 85OVR
Aaron Hernandez TE NE Moved to TE #3 on depth chart
Deion Branch WR NE Increase, from 77 to 79OVR
Devin McCourty CB NE Decrease, from 86 to 85OVR
Josh Barrett S NE Moved to FS #1 on depth chart
New England Patriots TEAM NE Increase, from 91 to 92OVR
Nick McDonald OL NE Signs
Pat Chung S NE Increase, from 85 to 88OVR
Pat Chung S NE Moved to SS #1 on depth chart
Rob Gronkowski TE NE Increase, from 85 to 86OVR
Sergio Brown DB NE Increase, from 69 to 71OVR
Thomas Welch OL NE Signs
Vince Wilfork DL NE CTH Inc from 25 to 55 Ball Carrier Vision Inc from 10 to 50

For the next update in a couple of days, I expect the defense to get hit hard :D, but they need to make Gronk atleast a 90.

Last edited:
I don't currently have a PS3 as it is broke, but I like Madden for online play, and the fact the rosters are updated weekly based on real player performances. It could make one team that was horrible in madden at the game's release (The Bills) into a good team to use later on in the season.

This was after the Pats win against the Chargers:

Aaron Hernandez TE NE Increase, from 84 to 85OVR
Aaron Hernandez TE NE Moved to TE #3 on depth chart
Deion Branch WR NE Increase, from 77 to 79OVR
Devin McCourty CB NE Decrease, from 86 to 85OVR
Josh Barrett S NE Moved to FS #1 on depth chart
New England Patriots TEAM NE Increase, from 91 to 92OVR
Nick McDonald OL NE Signs
Pat Chung S NE Increase, from 85 to 88OVR
Pat Chung S NE Moved to SS #1 on depth chart
Rob Gronkowski TE NE Increase, from 85 to 86OVR
Sergio Brown DB NE Increase, from 69 to 71OVR
Thomas Welch OL NE Signs

For the next update in a couple of days, I expect the defense to get hit hard :D, but they need to make Gronk at least a 90.

eVERY PLAYER ON MY TEAM WILL BE @ 99 overall when I get my sytem fixed and once I purchase the game. I'm going to learn the playbook cold just like in 2011. I was great vs the comp w/ every team:rocker: my ELITE team was a pain in the ASS to play against

screw 90 overall any member of the GRONK family should be @ the LEAST 99 OVERALL w/ every skill set

Last edited:
Just lost two games on head to head 21-28 and 31 - 34 (damm field goal) any tops for online play?

Just lost two games on head to head 21-28 and 31 - 34 (damm field goal) any tops for online play?

Learn nano blitzes and how to play coverage with a safety and linebacker. Screens are killer on offense and speed is what you want in WR. Oakland is one of the most annoying teams to play against, their whole roster is 90+ in speed. You can youtube a lot of good tips, there are some people with channels dedicated to it.

in franchise mode, every night game is raining with pats. 1:00 games are overcast for me

It's always sunny in Philadelphia.

I love when I make my team 99 at everything LMFAO the special reamers FLY down the field and the D takes a knee every time.

they put the new KO rules in right? is it mad easy to kick it through endzone?

I want to pin it at the 2 yd line:cool: ande my STeamers will tackle the guy before he reaches the 10-15 yd line

Last edited:

Screens, slants, no huddle....just generally play the offense like the Patriots play in real life :p

Win!

Love that update! :D Getting an INT with A D-Lineman is always amusing, but it's usually hit the QB as he is throwing, and trying and get a player under the ball that has travelled 3 yards!

has anyone done an online franchise w/ draft?

ive seen a few and 0 say when the draft is. not sure how it works.

anyone interested in doing one?

Rain glitch has been talked about endlessly on the Madden forums along with the "linebacker 20 foot vertical jump".

Trying to complete a pass over the head of ANY LB is truly one of the worst and least fun exercises in any video game.:bricks: It's not a new thing and there's speculation that the devs simply don't know of any other way to code the backers to make them competitive in the passing game.

Rain glitch has been talked about endlessly on the Madden forums along with the "linebacker 20 foot vertical jump".

Trying to complete a pass over the head of ANY LB is truly one of the worst and least fun exercises in any video game.:bricks: It's not a new thing and there's speculation that the devs simply don't know of any other way to code the backers to make them competitive in the passing game.

I got a spectacular 1 handed pick with Spikes the other day :p

But most of the picks against me come from a safety flying 20 yards across the field to jump higher than the WR to get the pick.

Last edited:
This was a really unfair thread to have to come home to.

I just spent my days looking for a local copy of Madden 12 for the PC... bought an XBox Controller at the first store I went to.. unfortunately not one salesman knew enough to tell me that Madden 12 isn't available for the PC.

I am now officially bummed.

:(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back