PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Madden 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot to the Core

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Hey mods, please place this in the correct thread if it is suitable somewhere else.

Just a few quick questions I was hoping you guys could help me out with:

1) Is it always raining in foxborough? Nearly every game I play at the stadium it is always raining.

2) How does the drafting work in NFL? I normally let the CPU sim the draft but I always end up with really low rated players!

3) Also how does trading players work in the NFL? Can I just offer money or do I have to trade players? I am trying to get Stevie Johnson from the bills who is rated 88 but the bills never want to trade!

Any help would be appreciated, also score for this weekend Pats 38-21 Raiders :rocker:

Thank you

PTTC

Last edited:
Hey mods, please place this in the correct thread if it is suitable somewhere else.

1) Is it always raining in Boston? Nearly every game I play at the stadium it is always raining.

2) How does the drafting work in NFL? I normally let the CPU sim the draft but I always end up with really low rated players!

3) Also how does trading players work in the NFL? Can I just offer money or do I have to trade players? I am trying to get Stevie Johnson from the bills who is rated 88 but the bills never want to trade!

Any help would be appreciated, also score for this weekend Pats 38-21 Raiders :rocker:

Thank you

PTTC

Well....

1. I have played games at Gillette in Madden 12 where weather was fine.
2. Draft order is pretty well what it's supposed to be, so if you're playing the Patriots (and especially if you're in year 2 of Franchise and did a lot of winning and not a lot of trading for draft picks) you're going to be picking low so players won't be the highly rated. But I don't let computer pick for me-- it's more fun to do it yourself, in my opinion.
3. Trading is tricky. I've found, so far, even when I've wanted to trade for just draft picks, I've had to request a player too because CPU roster is full and it seems to be too dumb to release someone. It does give you a little meter on the trade screen to show how interested the other party is. It has to be green and nearly full for other team to do it-- so keep adding stuff to trade until that happens.

Enjoy the game!

The rain is kinda glitched in this game. The draft is kinda a crap shoot for the most part if you draft guys with high speed you end up with good players(the 40 times will tell you who's the fastest). It's going to be hard to get guys like Stevie Johnson from the bills since he's high rated and has high potential. You would probably need to give up a high draft pick and/or a highly rated player at a position the bills need.

madden 11 had an option to choose "current weather" .... i didn't see that in 12... i've played games in foxboro on madden 12 and weather was just fine... you probably had it set up on random every time you played ??

1) Is it always raining in Boston? Nearly every game I play at the stadium it is always raining.

Thank you

PTTC

I laughed when I saw this because I was just complaining about it yesterday. Actually, I wasn't really complaining. As I was waiting for my final regular season game to load last night I thought to myself, "I bet it's going to be raining again." It was raining again.

Of the eight home games, I'm pretty sure I got rain six times. It's so annoying.

Last edited:
Dont know about the rain, but there must be a glitch if the pats are playing in boston.

Well....

1. I have played games at Gillette in Madden 12 where weather was fine.
2. Draft order is pretty well what it's supposed to be, so if you're playing the Patriots (and especially if you're in year 2 of Franchise and did a lot of winning and not a lot of trading for draft picks) you're going to be picking low so players won't be the highly rated. But I don't let computer pick for me-- it's more fun to do it yourself, in my opinion.
3. Trading is tricky. I've found, so far, even when I've wanted to trade for just draft picks, I've had to request a player too because CPU roster is full and it seems to be too dumb to release someone. It does give you a little meter on the trade screen to show how interested the other party is. It has to be green and nearly full for other team to do it-- so keep adding stuff to trade until that happens.

Enjoy the game!

Thanks for the advice, I will just concentrate on scouting for talent then. Maybe when Welker hit's 32 I will try and trade him out for a younger player.

The rain is kinda glitched in this game. The draft is kinda a crap shoot for the most part if you draft guys with high speed you end up with good players(the 40 times will tell you who's the fastest). It's going to be hard to get guys like Stevie Johnson from the bills since he's high rated and has high potential. You would probably need to give up a high draft pick and/or a highly rated player at a position the bills need.

Yeah, the only problem is that I don't like to trade my players as I don't want to completely change the team. If I could get rid of three players that are not going to be starting reguraly then that is fine.

madden 11 had an option to choose "current weather" .... i didn't see that in 12... i've played games in foxboro on madden 12 and weather was just fine... you probably had it set up on random every time you played ??

Will have to look into this, maybe it is in options somewhere but nearly every game is just rain, rain and more rain!

I laughed when I saw this because I was just complaining about it yesterday. Actually, I wasn't really complaining. As I was waiting for my final regular season game to load last night I thought to myself, "I bet it's going to be raining again." It was raining again.

Of the eight home games, I'm pretty sure I got rain six times. It's so annoying.

I got snow for one of my last games haha :eek:

Dont know about the rain, but there must be a glitch if the pats are playing in boston.

My mistake!, edited.

I'll give you a few tips. If you just want to change a couple of players on your team, do it before you start franchise mode. Goto my madden, then nfl rosters. Then make some trades. The trades will almost always be agreed to. Then after making the roster changes, save it. Now start your franchise game. Your franchise mode roster will reflect the changes you made before. This way I added Calvin Johnson and Suh to my team. Yeah, try running on wilfork and suh! And Johnson is just a beast.

As for the draft, you really should pick your own players. If you go through the scouting process, you can narrow down the better players. When you bring them in for personal workout you will get letter grades for their potential. The A ones are obviously the best, make sure to draft these players. and sometimes A rated players are not even 1st round graded, so just draft them 1 round ahead of where they are graded and you guarantee you will get them. That's called getting a draft bargain!

Last of all, your picks are considered very valuable by the CPU before the season ends. So after 4 games into the franchise season, check out the standings, then trade your picks to the worst team in the NFL. For example I traded my 2011 1st round pick to say the Dolphins for their 2011 1st round pick, and their 2012 1st round pick and 2012 2nd round pick. That's right, the computer really undervalues future picks, so if you're willing to defer your reward, like BB does, you can really stock up on high future picks too! This should be enough to allow you to dominate the draft. In the first year I acquired the #1 overall pick in the draft while having like 4 first rounders waiting to be used in the next draft. Now with a #1 overall pick, you can trade for just about any player that you want, and of course get in return that player plus future picks.

I'll give you a few tips. If you just want to change a couple of players on your team, do it before you start franchise mode. Goto my madden, then nfl rosters. Then make some trades. The trades will almost always be agreed to. Then after making the roster changes, save it. Now start your franchise game. Your franchise mode roster will reflect the changes you made before. This way I added Calvin Johnson and Suh to my team. Yeah, try running on wilfork and suh! And Johnson is just a beast.

As for the draft, you really should pick your own players. If you go through the scouting process, you can narrow down the better players. When you bring them in for personal workout you will get letter grades for their potential. The A ones are obviously the best, make sure to draft these players. and sometimes A rated players are not even 1st round graded, so just draft them 1 round ahead of where they are graded and you guarantee you will get them. That's called getting a draft bargain!

Last of all, your picks are considered very valuable by the CPU before the season ends. So after 4 games into the franchise season, check out the standings, then trade your picks to the worst team in the NFL. For example I traded my 2011 1st round pick to say the Dolphins for their 2011 1st round pick, and their 2012 1st round pick and 2012 2nd round pick. That's right, the computer really undervalues future picks, so if you're willing to defer your reward, like BB does, you can really stock up on high future picks too! This should be enough to allow you to dominate the draft. In the first year I acquired the #1 overall pick in the draft while having like 4 first rounders waiting to be used in the next draft. Now with a #1 overall pick, you can trade for just about any player that you want, and of course get in return that player plus future picks.

Awesome, thanks for that!

That was very helpful..thanks ! :)

If any of you guys play online franchise mode and need another player let me know, I am looking to join a 2nd league. You can PM me here or hit me up on Xbox Live, gamertag: PatsFanScott

So, I like playing through the Franchise mode and playing "coach mode" where I build the team, select the plays, but let the computer play them out. Anyone else do this, and more importantly, does anyone know of a good set of sliders to make the coach mode games realistic?

If any of you guys play online franchise mode and need another player let me know, I am looking to join a 2nd league. You can PM me here or hit me up on Xbox Live, gamertag: PatsFanScott

Sorry you can play franchise mode online? Will have to check this out.

Any ps3 players here?

Sorry Im a 360 player.

So, I like playing through the Franchise mode and playing "coach mode" where I build the team, select the plays, but let the computer play them out. Anyone else do this, and more importantly, does anyone know of a good set of sliders to make the coach mode games realistic?

Is that an option or are you just simming the games?

Is that an option or are you just simming the games?

It's an option at the very end of the Game Options. "Coach Mode On", but all it really does is make it so the QB will throw on his own, assuming you don't touch anything after the snap. All the players do that actually, so as long as you don't move anyone during a play, they'll just play out like it's CPU vs. CPU.

Problem is the default sliders make for some very unrealistic games (running numbers are low, interceptions and sacks are through the roof, etc), and I haven't been able to find a good combination of sliders to make it more in line with a real game.

If anybody is trying to Play 1v1 or Online Franchise hit me up X x lucic 17

if you customize a player can he go into Franchise mode?

Can u alter player stats b4 starting Franchise mode (do they carry over?)... I never could in 2011 and idk why?

Madden '11 was my 1st Madden ever. Making a stacked team made me kill the computer w/ every team I played w/ and I FLEW through the Madden Moments section.

beating my 99% overall PATS twice in Madden Moments sucked... especially w/ the 2nd moment. The Bills one was kinda hard but not really. I think the 2nd was SD? not sure though?

Last edited:
if you customize a player can he go into Franchise mode?

Can u alter player stats b4 starting Franchise mode (do they carry over?)... I never could in 2011 and idk why?

Madden '11 was my 1st Madden ever. Making a stacked team made me kill the computer w/ every team I played w/ and I FLEW through the Madden Moments section.

beating my 99% overall PATS twice in Madden Moments sucked... especially w/ the 2nd moment. The Bills one was kinda hard but not really. I think the 2nd was SD? not sure though?

You can edit stats in franchise mode now, when you set up the franchise you can select "edit players : yes" and you can change the stats of any player (including players you draft).

I am in five leagues. A couple are really good. None of the garbage from the lobby games. My xbox name is Whorod71. Send me a message if you want me to let you know when spots open up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes