PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LT to visit the Jesters on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can have him. What does it say about Leon though that they're looking for another 3rd down back? Maybe he's not coming along as nicely or maybe they just want some security. Seems like you guys are always involved with big-name players (Braylon, Cro, Lito, LT, etc.)

what it says is that the jets can replace washington with tomlinson and potentially pick up a 2nd rounder in the process

tomlinson is less injury prone than 3 of the pats RB's

Jerk, though he may be, he's still the top RB of a generation if he puts it together.

Hope he enjoys Minnesota.

So, does turf toe heal?

Last edited:
what it says is that the jets can replace washington with tomlinson and potentially pick up a 2nd rounder in the process

tomlinson is less injury prone than 3 of the pats RB's

Tomlinson is a shell of his former self. I'd fear a Greene - TJ - Leon trio much more than the duo of Greene & LT. LT can still catch the ball but he's not as explosive or elusive as he once was. Let the Jets go after another big-name guy who won't produce as much as they expect.

Tomlinson is a shell of his former self. I'd fear a Greene - TJ - Leon trio much more than the duo of Greene & LT. LT can still catch the ball but he's not as explosive or elusive as he once was. Let the Jets go after another big-name guy who won't produce as much as they expect.

a new place may be all that LT needs to crank it up for a couple of years

anything is possible, but I would not count the guy out....they were saying the same thing about moss when the pats picked him up. I would not want a motivated and ready to play tomlinson in the AFC east

I'm not prepared to say he's done

anything is possible, but I would not count the guy out....they were saying the same thing about moss when the pats picked him up. I would not want a motivated and ready to play tomlinson in the AFC east

Moss played on an uncompetitive team with no leaders.

Tomlinson played on a team that made the post-season.

There is no comparison.

Not even close to the same situation. Moss was still "in his prime" when he came to the Pats at 30 years old. LT is DONE at 30. Moss obviously dogged it on horrendous team in Oakland. SD was a great team this year, gave LT a heavy load of carries, and were ranked like 31st in rushing. LT never broke 100 yards in a single game.

You can tell when a RB hits the wall. The explosion and quickness isn't there anymore. LT will be an average option as a 3rd down back who can come in and take a few carries and average like 3 YPC.

I can understand being concerned about Al-CRO-traz and Revis Island in NY, but to be concerned about LT is laughable. Clearly not even close to the same player.

they can get 200-250 touches out of him including 50-60 passes caught

Last year, in 14 games SD gave LT 253 touches and he registered a big 3.3 yds per carry and an even bigger 7.7 yds per catch (all 20 of them). Which is the sort of performance almost every team covets!

I am not sure what to think about LT, SD took the team away from LT and gave it to Rivers, changed the offense, cut back on running plays and LT was splitting with Sproles, I wasn't impressed with SDs O line.

Maybe,,, LT did have close to 12 TDs last year.

Maybe not,,, I will be pissed if the Jets sign LT to the same amount of $ that T Jones is getting from KC. LT should be worth 1.5 to 2 mil and a 1 year contract.

So for cheap I am OK with LT.

LT is good at the goal line because he can still read defenses well and execute from there. But if you want more than 2 yards, you're better off with a lot more RBs than him.

LT is good at the goal line because he can still read defenses well and execute from there. But if you want more than 2 yards, you're better off with a lot more RBs than him.

Not a lot of "reading defenses" at the goalline for a RB.

Woody Johnson to a downtrodden Rex Ryan after waving goodbye to a smiling Ldt at the airport:

"I know you're pissed we cut Thomas Jones loose, but who's gonna sell more PSLs, T. Jones or Tomlinson? Yea that's what I thought. Draw up a few plays for Ldt and get ready for the press conference next week." :gossip:

he's a perfect fit to split duties with greene.......and lets them get something for leon washington.

I would not want to see this

perfect fit splitting duties with greene?

it's now clear you're a troll.

Last edited:
I think LT playing behind the Jets OL is going to increase his ypg. Not at all ready to call him done. Also think TJones production last year was misleading as he looked significantly slower to me than he did in 08. The jets OL is dominant and i think Tomlinson has a productive season.

Rex and Tannambaum are smarter than you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents