PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Let's fantasize.... (Browns @ Broncos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, we might be better off hoping Houston loses out. It's not that out of the ballpark. Think about it, Minnesota has AP playing out of his mind and are desperate for a win, then Indy the next week would certainly sticking it to Houston before the playoffs.

Like I've said before, we've seen crazier.

Let me see if I get this correctly.... If Houston ends up losing the last two, it puts them at 12-4 on the season (same as Pats assuming we win our last two). If the Broncos win their last two, that will put them 12-3 with the number 1 seed, and us @ 2 having won the tie breaker? I like the sound of it :)

Am I correct?

Let me see if I get this correctly.... If Houston ends up losing the last two, it puts them at 12-4 on the season (same as Pats assuming we win our last two). If the Broncos win their last two, that will put them 12-3 with the number 1 seed, and us @ 2 having won the tie breaker? I like the sound of it :)

Am I correct?

Correct.

It's a case where one team's more likely to lose their last 2 becuase of who they face than another team who'll face two weak teams.

The Chiefs and Jags are neck and neck to see who gets the number one pick in the '13 draft

I doubt the team is making Crennel's departure a big deal,they are probably looking at Geno Smith or to have ownership of a coveted spot by some other teams.

Both KC and Jax should finish 2-14

There's no Andrew Luck Sweeps this season, so a top five pick probably gives you a reasonable chance of picking as good a player as any on the Board. Plus, unless there's a consensus Franchise-building/saving talent on the board, number one picks can be as much a pain in the butt as anything else.

More importantly, I think KC would relish the idea of ruining the end of the regular season for a hated Division rival. Yes, they will probably lose the game because of the talent gap, but I don't see them mailing anything in unless and until the game is out of hand in the fourth quarter.

Correct.

It's a case where one team's more likely to lose their last 2 becuase of who they face than another team who'll face two weak teams.

The bye would be terrific, but even that unlikely scenario still leaves the Pats having to win a game in Denver, barring the unlikely event that the Broncos lose to Cleveland or KC.

The only game this postseason that I have said for the last few weeks that I want to see the Pats avoid is a game @Denver. Peyton has often said that he does not want to play in Foxboro in January and you can bet that Elway, Fox and Manning have had avoiding that at the top of their agenda since the early loss to the Patriots. On the other hand, the Pats have a bad history in December and January in Denver; and, the altitude in the cold gives the Broncos a big advantage over any team at that time of year.

I've also said all along that I think their Division round opponent, whoever it may finally be, will knock off the Texans, whose collars will tighten with the number one seed and the expectations of an entire city and franchise hanging over them; dropping to #3 could actually take some pressure off them and plant a chip on their shoulder.

And, to answer the question in your sig: yes, when Ridley fumbled and gave the 'niners their chance to go up 24--3, I did miss the Law Firm. I don't know what "on a pace for" means, but Green Ellis has actually produced 1,184 Yards from Scrimmage this year (1,080 on the ground). Ridley's at 1,156 (1,105 on the ground--or 1.8 yards per game more than the Law Firm). BJGE "only" has 6 TD's to Ridley's 10, but I really don't think you can compare the red zone trips of the two Offenses: one plays for a team that has scored 61 TD's and the other for a team that has scored 40. And, I "feel better" with the ball security of Green-Ellis in a big game. Ridley might be the better long term solution, providing he stays healthy and keeps putting up good numbers after his second year, but yes, I do miss BJGE.

Last edited:
the Browns need to play better in all three phases of the game.
images

As much as we want to see the Broncos getting a loss in the next two games, they will probably win out. I just don't see a top 5 defense and Peyton losing up this #2 seed. They know facing the Pats at home is WAY too risky.

On the other hand, the Texans have a tougher schedule. They host AP & the Vikings, who can't afford a loss, and then they have to go to IND, where Luck & Colts will be looking for some kind of revenge. Luck has posted his best numbers, by far, at home. 6-1 record and 10/5 TD-INT ratio, plus 81.8 QB rating at home vs 3-4 record and 10/13 TD-INT ratio, plus 69.3 QB rating.

I think we should be rooting more for an upset in KC than an upset in DEN. KC has a very talented secondary (Berry & Flowers plus a very decent Kendrick Lewis at FS), and they play at Arrowhead, a very tough stadium. They might scare rookie Luck a little bit. Also, Luck is a turnover machine on the road. The only disadvantage, and a huge one, is that offense. Their best player has 10 yds in 10 carries against the 29th run defense in the NFL? They get shutout by the 2nd team that allows the most points in the league? It couldn't be worse.

As I said earlier, if IND loses @KC, then we would like CIN winning @PIT too and MIN upsetting HOU. With that, IND secures a playoff spot, but not the 5th spot. What I mean is, they will play hard when facing HOU in Week 17 just to avoid playing @NE/DEN/HOU, the 3rd seed, which is what will happen if they lose both games & CIN wins out. If all this happens, IND wins the final game and we end up at #2 and HOU at #3.

I know all this sounded really crazy, but here is my question: Which of these scenarios are more likely to happen?

-A top 5 defense and an offense led by 2nd best QB of this era loses at home to CLE and/or KC.

-IND loses at KC in Crennel's (probably) final game at home.
-HOU loses to MIN led by IMO the best offensive player in the league.
-CIN wins at PIT. Tough game here. This game and SNF (God, how we lost to them...:steamed:) will set the tone of the week.
-IND wins vs HOU.

Anyways, I don't think there's a lot of chance of jumping over DEN or HOU, but as they say "Any given Sunday" & "We've seen crazier things happen before".

The bye would be terrific, but even that unlikely scenario still leaves the Pats having to win a game in Denver, barring the unlikely event that the Broncos lose to Cleveland or KC.

The only game this postseason that I have said for the last few weeks that I want to see the Pats avoid is a game @Denver. Peyton has often said that he does not want to play in Foxboro in January and you can bet that Elway, Fox and Manning have had avoiding that at the top of their agenda since the early loss to the Patriots. On the other hand, the Pats have a bad history in December and January in Denver; and, the altitude in the cold gives the Broncos a big advantage over any team at that time of year.

I've also said all along that I think their Division round opponent, whoever it may finally be, will knock off the Texans, whose collars will tighten with the number one seed and the expectations of an entire city and franchise hanging over them; dropping to #3 could actually take some pressure off them and plant a chip on their shoulder.

And, to answer the question in your sig: yes, when Ridley fumbled and gave the 'niners their chance to go up 24--3, I did miss the Law Firm. I don't know what "on a pace for" means, but Green Ellis has actually produced 1,184 Yards from Scrimmage this year (1,080 on the ground). Ridley's at 1,156 (1,105 on the ground--or 1.8 yards per game more than the Law Firm). BJGE "only" has 6 TD's to Ridley's 10, but I really don't think you can compare the red zone trips of the two Offenses: one plays for a team that has scored 61 TD's and the other for a team that has scored 40. And, I "feel better" with the ball security of Green-Ellis in a big game. Ridley might be the better long term solution, providing he stays healthy and keeps putting up good numbers after his second year, but yes, I do miss BJGE.

Hey!! Lay off me!! I made it nearly 2 months ago, things were different!!

I will admit Ridley has regressed the last few weeks. But as for the fumbles, for the record, BJGE has fumbled 3 times this year.

Oh, and my sig is not disrespecting Law firm,it was more about how everyone thought we made a big mistake letting him go, but It doesnt look like a mistake if you factor everything together.

The AFC is insanely weak this year, except for the Pats. Houston Texans and Denver Broncos as the #1 and 2 seeds in the conference? PLEASE! Then your playoff picture is rounded out by 3 of either Indy, the Ravens, Bengals, or Steelers? Oh the humanity!

If the Pats can't take care of business in the AFC this year, it will only be because they beat themselves.

I'm starting to think that none of these remaining games really even matter as far as the Pats are concerned. Going to Mile High is the only thing that worries me a bit, but only because that would mean Peyton is merely a couple of bogus PI calls and NE secondary mistakes away from getting to the Super Bowl. :steamed:

The AFC is insanely weak this year, except for the Pats. Houston Texans and Denver Broncos as the #1 and 2 seeds in the conference? PLEASE! Then your playoff picture is rounded out by 3 of either Indy, the Ravens, Bengals, or Steelers? Oh the humanity!

If the Pats can't take care of business in the AFC this year, it will only be because they beat themselves.

I'm starting to think that none of these remaining games really even matter as far as the Pats are concerned. Going to Mile High is the only thing that worries me a bit, but only because that would mean Peyton is merely a couple of bogus PI calls and NE secondary mistakes away from getting to the Super Bowl. :steamed:

manning still sucks in ****ty weather..and denver has plenty of cold and ****ty weather

and the steelers are a bad match up for us in the 1st round...will be physical battle right before denver

manning still sucks in ****ty weather..and denver has plenty of cold and ****ty weather

and the steelers are a bad match up for us in the 1st round...will be physical battle right before denver

Tell you what, let's blow it vs. Jacksonville and Miami so Baltimore gets the 3rd seed, hopefully go to Houston in the 2nd round...

:bricks: :bricks: :bricks:

I think that when it is all said and done, if the Browns can score more points than the Broncos, they will probably have a good chance of bringing home a W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST