PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- Just wish Barry Bonds would go away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Pa Patriot said:
Im so sick of Barry Bonds, never liked him, never will, he is the most overated athlete in professional sports... I think the best thing for baseball and sports , is for him to retire, and leave with whatever dignity he has left...
Maybe his head will continue to expand until one day it just pops.

stcjones said:
his bloated a## should be suspended without pay while the investigation goes on!!!!

Does this go for everyone who has been linked with steroids? The list is ridiculously long and filled with a lot of All-Stars. Or is it just Bonds?

dhamz said:
Nothing Barry Bonds is accused of using in that book was banned at the time either. Just like andro, all of it was banned by every major sport but totally within the rules of baseball.

This is not a correct statement. Steroids were always banned, they just didn't test for them due to the strong union. Andro and Steroids are night and day, you oversimplify to support Bonds in your argument.

To me, it is apparent that Giambi, Sheffield, Conseco, Palmeiro and Bonds to name 5, "cheated" and should be punished for it. Their statistics should be taken down and they should be banned from playing baseball, to protect the past and future integrity of MLB.

Selig has no balls. The old time commissioners would have banned these guys a long time ago and we could have all moved on. They wouldn't hesitate to use their powers under the "in the best interests of baseball" clause.

Selig is nothing more than an extension of the greed of the owners and players in this modern era. One can not compare records of past players and these modern money hungry players who will do anything to make more money.

Barry Bonds can go on to break Babe Ruth's and Hammering Hank's records that are on the books by injecting himself with illegal enhancements that no one can detect by testing, but if Selig lets those numbers stand they will become a symbol that cheating is OK, to tell our kids that it's "OK" to do what ever it takes to make the most money, and if so, then the game adn our society will be ruined.

Selig - now hear this - do what you know is right or Congress will step in and do it for you!

Fumblerooski said:
you oversimplify to support Bonds in your argument.

Who is defending Bonds? All I'm talking about is the difference between how fans and media and baseball treated obvious cheaters they liked and the one they don't.

This is a Patriots board, how many people know or care that a NE Patriots player was involved with BALCO and called to testify before the same grand jury as Bonds, Giambi, Marion Jones, and all the other BALCO steroid users? Dennis & Callahan go on WEEI and rail against Bonds daily but have the very same Patriots player on their show from time to time? Isn't that a double standard?

Last edited:
dhamz said:
This is a Patriots board, how many people know or care that a NE Patriots player was involved with BALCO and called to testify before the same grand jury as Bonds, Giambi, Marion Jones, and all the other BALCO steroid users? Dennis & Callahan go on WEEI and rail against Bonds daily but have the very same Patriots player on their show from time to time? Isn't that a double standard?
For those of us who are ignorant - who is this ?

dhamz said:
Dennis & Callahan go on WEEI and rail against Bonds daily but have the very same Patriots player on their show from time to time? Isn't that a double standard?

Ya and while i think bonds deserves it, (because i hate him....because he is just a strait up ass) You have to remember that D&C are idiots...

re

Fumblerooski said:
Selig has no balls. The old time commissioners would have banned these guys a long time ago and we could have all moved on. They wouldn't hesitate to use their powers under the "in the best interests of baseball" clause.

Not really. Two to three decades ago, you had pitchers who cheated big time, openly admitted it, and nothing was done about their records, and they were admitted in the Hall of Fame no problem.

Twenty years from now, 1990-2000 will simply be known as the Steroids Era, but I'm not sure they'll do anything like kick people out or take records away.

BelichickFan said:
For those of us who are ignorant - who is this ?
Larry Izzo, not sure why he wouldn't just mention his name. Maybe because he's not a marquis player? Who knows. Izzo was tested, I don't remember him serving a four game suspension, did I miss it?
Chiefs wide receiver Johnnie Morton, Patriots linebacker Lary Izzo and Falcons linebacker Artie Ulmer -- who played with the 49ers in 2000 -- also have been called to testify, according to CBS Sports. The network said that once the league learned of the subpoenas, it tested the 10 players for the designer steroid THG. A positive test for a first-time NFL offender earns a four-game suspension.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2003/10/27/SPGRR2JUKB1.DTL

I just wish baseball would make up their damn minds about everything. It's getting ridiculous, and they're alienating a lot of fans. Selig has caused baseball to become a complete embarassment. Nothing is going to come out of this "probe," and I think we all know it. First of all, he should have done this years ago, and second of all, he should be ashamed of himself for being such a **** up.

Investigate everyone. Period. Monitor everyone with drug tests. It's not like the league/these teams don't make the coin to do so.

Clarify your rules and stick to them. That goes for the minor-leaguers all the way to Barry, Raffy, and everyone else.

Personally, I think it was pretty stupid of Congress NOT to subpoena Bonds when they had their little dog and pony show last March.

As for Mr. Bonds, his "everyone's a racist" and "I didn't ask to be a role model" spiels are getting a little old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News