PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Just remembered that Chiefs Pats game from 2019..

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

KVN brought this up. Blech.

What a horribly crooked game. In the comments there’s a clip of that fumble blown call too.

In hindsight, I’d like to think of this being the game the NFL went full on Chiefs. They’ve been giving them these kinds calls ever since.

This is a game I commonly reference for the ‘brady and the pats got all the calls ‘ crowd. This cost us a first round bye.

I know being an official is a tough and thankless job, but I don’t understand why the default approach in plays like Harry’s is to rule it a TD. That way, there is the safety net of the automatic replay where a mistake can be corrected, if necessary. It’s not like the auto TD review rule just went into effect that season and the officials were still figuring out how to work with it. From what I can see, it was implemented in 2011, so there had been plenty of time to develop the mindset of “It’s close, but we’ll rule a TD to make sure we get it right.”

To be fair the refs it was pretty much the only good play of Harry's career.

This is a game I commonly reference for the ‘brady and the pats got all the calls ‘ crowd. This cost us a first round bye.

Yeah that's the same as this "roughing the passer" call in the AFCCG in 2018...

8981632.jpg

8981632.jpg
Is the MAC kid a full time chiefs fan now? I was wondering when he was going to come clean. Well chiefs fan, in that same game, KC had about 2 td's that were basically completely setup by them taking out the defender on the pass to open the receiver up. I guess you missed those, and from a perspective up a guy slamming down his hand on Brady's shoulder, it could have looked like he came across the facemask, but it didnt really completly changing the outcome of the game like the Mahomes fumble and the non stepping out of bounds, so maybe your team, the chiefs should have worried more about stopping Brady from converting 3 3rd and 10's and also about scoring a single point in the first half, which your team and your QB did not.

8981632.jpg

one bad call in our favor from that game . What about when jcj was flagged for dpi on the goal line when kelce clearly extends and pushes off , 7 minute mark below. Also edelman was interfered with on the brady rtp play you brought up anyway. Refs were bad all around on both sides that game

one bad call in our favor from that game . What about when jcj was flagged for dpi on the goal line when kelce clearly extends and pushes off , 7 minute mark below. Also edelman was interfered with on the brady rtp play you brought up anyway. Refs were bad all around on both sides that game

exactly why it’s stupid to complain about one bad call when both sides are affected by bad officiating. i’m sure you can find one or more bad calls in favor of the Pats in the 2019 game…

exactly why it’s stupid to complain about one bad call when both sides are affected by bad officiating. i’m sure you can find one or more bad calls in favor of the Pats in the 2019 game…
Calls are about timing, and your chiefs get those benficial calls at those times. Missing a hold on 2nd and 2 in the 1st quarter is not really as bad as calling a bad PI that seals a game. As a chiefs fan, you will never be able to cry about refs again with what has been handed to you.

Feel free to show one as egregious as the one in the op that went in our favor from that game. To my and most others recollection that game had numerous calls go kc’s way and definitely was not your typical ‘bad calls going for both sides’ games.

Feel free to show one as egregious as the one in the op that went in our favor from that game. To my and most others recollection that game had numerous calls go kc’s way and definitely was not your typical ‘bad calls going for both sides’ games.
The refs flat out got KC back in that game. The pats shut out KC in the first half, Second half KC started running pick plays like they were going out of style and flat out taking out defenders down the field to open up receivers that went uncalled.

Bill shouldn't have wasted his timeouts...

I know being an official is a tough and thankless job, but I don’t understand why the default approach in plays like Harry’s is to rule it a TD. That way, there is the safety net of the automatic replay where a mistake can be corrected, if necessary. It’s not like the auto TD review rule just went into effect that season and the officials were still figuring out how to work with it. From what I can see, it was implemented in 2011, so there had been plenty of time to develop the mindset of “It’s close, but we’ll rule a TD to make sure we get it right.”
Because that works up until the point where there is a controversial touchdown like the late game Raiders touchdown in our game against them where we got screwed because the default position was touchdown so it got greater deference and they didn't feel comfortable overturning it.

I'd honestly rather a play that puts points on the board be the one you have to conclusively prove happened than the other way around.

Bill shouldn't have wasted his timeouts...

Still waiting on these similarly bad calls that we are ‘sure to find’ in the pats favor that game

Still waiting on these similarly bad calls that we are ‘sure to find’ in the pats favor that game

I'm not going to watch the whole game again. And I certainly don't have access to the All-22 from that game.

And the play occurred with 13 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Bill in fact HAD a timeout and could have challenged. But he wasted two previous timeouts earlier. So it was Bill's fault they lost.

Last edited:
It is what it is.
Sometimes you get favorable calls, other times you don't. It's whatever the 2019 team wasn't going to win anything anyways

I don't understand the concept of blaming a referee for a non-TD call when your team had a timeout to challenge the play...

They didn’t have challenges left… you yourself said above its bills fault for using his timeouts or assuming you also meant challenges earlier.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back