PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Just a reminder that we're the really arrogant team in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only arrogant thing I've ever heard him say was that dumb comment about how many points they'd score before the first Giants Superbowl..

That was on media day. In hindsight, he was dealing with the high ankle sprain and the weight of being 18-0 was taking its toll.

To your point, very out of character and very understandable.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
If Adam Jones slamming Amari Cooper's head into a helmet only warranted a token fine, then by comparison the game that Beckham got is borderline harsh. Not even a little consistent by the league, but I don't think more than a game was ever really a consideration.
The public/media demanded the punishment, so they got it. That's how it works now. Cody Wallace launched at a Broncos safety in a nearly identical way. The public didn't care, so neither did the league office. Just be consistent, ya know, like issuing an $8K fine for a suspected equipment violation instead of fabricating evidence, ignoring the head referee, issuing false reports, and stripping a franchise of 2 high draft choices, a million dollars, and their starting QB because social media demanded it.

So who's game to watch Norman vs Edelman? I bet you Jules gets open on him anyway and makes him pout all game.

I find it interesting to contrast this situation to when Butler faced OBJ. They were shaking each others' hands and s***. Seems crazy to think the same guy is out there head hunting.

Was Beckham provoked by anti-gay slurs?

My GOD I hope the Panthers go undefeated and lose in the SB to us so badly now.

Completely unrelated to the whole Beckham saga I hope the Panthers suffer the worst and most hurtful defeat possible. I dont care when it happens as long as it burns at least as much as the helmet catch.

Preferred scenario would be an uncalled blatent push off by Gronk on Kuechly for a TD in the final seconds of the SB. Bonus points if refs pick up a flag and just end the game.

The punishment Beckham got is a joke considering what Haynesworth got for an equally heinous offense a few seasons ago. Goodell is awful. The guy has set a precedent for what kind of suspension this should have been and instead decides to go full ******. You would think that he wouldn't take it easy on a Giant either considering his hometown team, the Jets, have a rivalry with the more relevant New York team.

That was on media day. In hindsight, he was dealing with the high ankle sprain and the weight of being 18-0 was taking its toll.

To your point, very out of character and very understandable.

I think it was the laughter that was more egregious that the quote. That didn't play well in the Giants locker room and understandably so. The 2001-04 Pats would have had a field day with something like that in their own locker room.

I think he was just caught off guard and didn't mean anything by it...and at least he said "well they should be confident" to make up for it.

Getting way ahead of myself but if the Pats do hang the "1" on Carolina's 18-1 season that will erase SB42 for me.

So who's game to watch Norman vs Edelman? I bet you Jules gets open on him anyway and makes him pout all game.

I find it interesting to contrast this situation to when Butler faced OBJ. They were shaking each others' hands and s***. Seems crazy to think the same guy is out there head hunting.
Unfortunately for the Panthers, the Cardinals will simply ignore the Norman matchup in the NFCCG and feast on the rest of that mediocre secondary with Fitz, Brown, Fells, etc.

That's if the Panthers make it past Seattle in round 2, which is iffy.

The punishment Beckham got is a joke considering what Haynesworth got for an equally heinous offense a few seasons ago. Goodell is awful. The guy has set a precedent for what kind of suspension this should have been and instead decides to go full ******. You would think that he wouldn't take it easy on a Giant either considering his hometown team, the Jets, have a rivalry with the more relevant New York team.
It should be clear to everyone by now that he simply makes it up as he goes. Just more ammo for Kessler.

I don't know.....I like Beckham for what he did......I think everyone should be launching themselves at the Panthers that way......they're a bunch of jack-asses

I think it was the laughter that was more egregious that the quote. That didn't play well in the Giants locker room and understandably so. The 2001-04 Pats would have had a field day with something like that in their own locker room.

I think he was just caught off guard and didn't mean anything by it...and at least he said "well they should be confident" to make up for it.

I agree. It was forced and very strange.

Unfortunately for the Panthers, the Cardinals will simply ignore the Norman matchup in the NFCCG and feast on the rest of that mediocre secondary with Fitz, Brown, Fells, etc.

That's if the Panthers make it past Seattle in round 2, which is iffy.
Yeah, the Cardinals are a nightmare to deal with offensively... Not only do you have outstanding receivers but Johnson has really started coming into his own as a running back, too. Seattle could take them down first though - I really think if you just shut down the running game and bracket Olsen at all times, you'll beat them. The Panthers are pretty limited offensively.

I agree. It was forced and very strange.

Yep. And I always felt that getting that kind of reaction in front of the cameras from Tom or any other Patriot was exactly what Plaxico Burress was trying to accomplish with that "prediction".

It's unfortunate but they learned their lesson.

What does he mean by not train the right way? I don't get that one. Anyone know anything about Beckham's training?

What does he mean by not train the right way? I don't get that one. Anyone know anything about Beckham's training?

I think Norman is using the word, "train" as a simile for the word "behavior".

If you substitute them, it makes sense.....I think??

Norman said the style of play was out of character for Beckham.

"You know you don't train like that," Norman said. "That's not you. That's not who you are.

"You're going to be Michael Jackson and go around and dancing and playing and a lot of other stuff and not be a football player and not train the way you're supposed to train. It goes to show. I hope I pulled that mask off. I pulled back the face of what that dude really is. You want to play football, play football. Don't come out here and do all that extra stuff."

Was Beckham provoked by anti-gay slurs?

My GOD I hope the Panthers go undefeated and lose in the SB to us so badly now.
I'm just not buying it. IMHO, it is the exact same tactic as playing the race card. "Hey, he called me the n-word." But that wouldn't really get people riled up in this case since it is 2 black people involved, so he had to go in another direction.

When the team hasn't been winning and represents a fresh face, it's playful. The exact same acts performed by a winning team are arrogant and unsportsmanlike. Hopefully, all these wins get the Panthers 0 titles. I have a strong feeling its Zona or the Hawks in the big game, so let them laugh while they can.

No no not at all. I just think they both are at fault. OBJ deserves his pinishment. Shoot, to me, he should get more than a game. But let's not say Norman is blameless here because he is not.

Wasn't he "more than likely" trying to harm the other guy? :)

I just tried to discuss football on a Facebook page with some Carolina fans. Got called the C word over and over and told that I needed to get back in the kitchen.

The "C" word? As in, Champion? You should nod in their general direction as a sign of recognition and ask them to watch this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back