IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

A hockey Johnny Most.

Jesus Praise GIF by MOODMAN

A hockey Johnny Most.

Except, of course, Johnny was good at it.
Over the years I haven't wished Jack any ill, just wished him elsewhere.
Jack just never seemed to understand what Fred Cusick & Bob Wilson (heck, even Dale Arnold) instinctively knew, sometimes less truly can be more.

Last edited:
Yes ... I was absolutely never a fan.
He has vocal cord issues now ... so wish you well Jack hope you find a solution.

He used to just be obnoxious but the last couple of years he simply can't keep up with the play. Which for a play by play guy is...
Anyway, best to him in his retirement. Many guys feel lost in retirement but I've enjoyed the hell out of mine and hope Jack does too.

No one can ever come close to Bob Wilson or Fred Cusick in my book. Now get the hell off my lawn! You too clouds!!
Damn I miss my old B&W and rabbit ears.

No one can ever come close to Bob Wilson or Fred Cusick in my book. Now get the hell off my lawn! You too clouds!!

Damn I miss my old B&W and rabbit ears.

Twisting the old UHF loop while cussing out all 5 watts of WSBK 38...
Some nights it was so bad you were damn thankful to have Bob Wilson over at WBZ AM, it always came in strong

Remember Fred and Derek Sanderson? DS was such a homer it was funny at times. I remember one night Fred was praising the play of Montreal and DS called him a closet Canadiens fan.

Remember Fred and Derek Sanderson? DS was such a homer it was funny at times. I remember one night Fred was praising the play of Montreal and DS called him a closet Canadiens fan.

Must've been hard on ol' Fred making it work with The Turk in the booth after years with bolted down Johnny 'Wrist Shot' Pearson.

Last edited:
Must've been hard on ol' Fred making it work with Sanderson in the booth after years with bolted down Johnny Pearson.
Pearson was a good player back in his day, he also could sum up a scoring play and who would get the goal. Orr passes to Hodge passes to Mackenzie, he shoots and it bounces off the boards and bounces off a Toronto players skate then touches Espo's stick and he'll get the goal.

Pearson was a good player back in his day, he also could sum up a scoring play and who would get the goal. Orr passes to Hodge passes to Mackenzie, he shoots and it bounces off the boards and bounces off a Toronto players skate then touches Espo's stick and he'll get the goal.

Pearson had a great eye and an economical delivery, there are a lot of worse things that can be said about a color guy. I know, I've said plenty of them about Zo & Scal

He used to just be obnoxious but the last couple of years he simply can't keep up with the play. Which for a play by play guy is...
Anyway, best to him in his retirement. Many guys feel lost in retirement but I've enjoyed the hell out of mine and hope Jack does too.
I always got a kick out of his bombastic style. The last couple of years have been rough with many, many awkward moments trying to find the right words. I am glad that he is stepping away now and hope he is ok from the health perspective.

Must've been hard on ol' Fred making it work with The Turk in the booth after years with bolted down Johnny 'Wrist Shot' Pearson.
You are spot on, the pair struggled at first and ultimately figured it out. I remember one game when they were starting to gel when they began arguing on same side of the debate until Fred started laughing and said something like "even when we agree we argue.". Once Fred learned to go with Derek's observations like the key to the game is to score more goals, they really played off each other. They were a great team with Johnny 'pin point' Pearson between periods. Not disputing your nickname, I am sure that it is accurate.

They were a great team with Johnny 'pin point' Pearson between periods. Not disputing your nickname, I am sure that it is accurate.

Other than Orr's slap shot, Pearson never saw a slapper or a snap shot he didn't think should have been a wrister instead. And man could he go on about it. I'm sure I'm not the only 'vintage' B's fan here that can recall it.

Last edited:
I always got a kick out of his bombastic style. The last couple of years have been rough with many, many awkward moments trying to find the right words. I am glad that he is stepping away now and hope he is ok from the health perspective.
I agree this is my take too

Other than Orr's slap shot, Pearson never saw a slapper or a snap shot he didn't think should have been a wrister instead. And man could he go on about. I'm sure I'm not the only 'vintage' B's fan here that can recall it.
I do remember him saying those things, the nick names meet in the precise way that he would break down the play. I love the continuity when a great play by play guy retires to the analyst role.

Oh, thank the gods. He was terrible.

Now get rid of that wiener who does the radio broadcasts with Zo. Belichick is gone No need to have him around.

Edwards always seemed determined to make it about himself. I was never a fan but he was passionate, too, and I hope nothing but the best for him in retirement.

Hopefully NESN will give Alex Faust a good hard look. He has a low key style and feeds Brickley's color well.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back