PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: It's Official. Broncos to Release Russel Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilson’s $39 million salary does have offsets but there would be no incentive for any team to offer Wilson more than the league minimum of $1.21 million since all they would be doing is paying the Broncos.

I stand corrected, but you conveniently left out the very next sentence:

There are ways around the offsets on a longer term contract if a team was willing to do a two year deal with Wilson and tie future guaranteed escalators to 2024 performance.

So while there is an offset for 2024, it still makes no sense for Wilson to sign for league minimum so long as there is a little demand out there.

I think Pats are going after Flacco. He'll be cheap, familiar w/ AvP's system, and did aight. Not thrilled with it but hopefully the kid they pick at #3 will be ready by mid season at the latest.

I'd rather they go after Brissett, who is younger and also familiar w/ the projected scheme. He's a high character guy and I think will be a better mentor. Brissett should be good enough to play .500 until the kid is ready.

Agreed. Plus at Flacco's age, 39, the injury risk increases. Aaron Rogers lasted four plays at 39. No reason to pay a QB to sit in the tub.

I would give Him a look at at certain price point not the Denver's Price point though. :rofl: You have to think he's better than the FA alternatives at QB. The FA class look like absolute crap on Offense very slim pickings.

Last edited:
I would give Him a look at at certain price point not he Denver Price point though. :rofl: You have to think he's better than the FA alternatives at QB. The FA class look like absolute crap on Offense very slim pickings.
Whichever team wants Russ will only have to pay him the minimum this season which for him i think is 1.x million, the broncos have to pay the rest

Carlson Wentz is really a good possibility cousins, after Philly he really went into a downward spiral, bad teams, pressure to produce...I wonder if playing in a game manager role maybe he can be the decent place holder we are looking for.

I'd rather they go after Brissett, who is younger and also familiar w/ the projected scheme. He's a high character guy and I think will be a better mentor. Brissett should be good enough to play .500 until the kid is ready.

I agree. I'd rather have the bridge QB that is the best mentor, than one who might be able to eek out a win or two more.

From what I here about Wilson, I don't see him in the mentor role and he'll want his own office. Not exactly the best example for a new QB.

Do not want him on Pats. Would prefer Flacco or Brisset
It's literally no risk, Broncos are paying his entire salary.. I would absolutely entertain him.. it's not like we aren't taking a QB.. he threw for over 3k, 24-8 were his numbers last season. Imagine if we had that production from any QB last season. We would have been a playoff team with our defense.

He dated Brittany Mahomes's sister?
maZ7WRo.jpg
Attention: any QB released who threw for 3,000 yards, had 24 TDs and 8 INTs.. please have your agents submit resumes to 1 patriots place attention HC Jerod mayo.

Attention: any QB released who threw for 3,000 yards, had 24 TDs and 8 INTs.. please have your agents submit resumes to 1 patriots place attention HC Jerod mayo.
**** no. Do not want such a self-centered guy

Do not want him on Pats. Would prefer Flacco or Brisset
I want to see the Pats win and I think Wilson would give them a better chance than either of those two. He could be a good bridge QB while a young draft pick learns.

I’ll admit to thinking, way back when, if only NE was able to get someone like Wilson to play after Brady. He was a winner, seemed sharp, was rolling in Seattle… Oof. Wouldn’t even want him to come try out for free at this point.
I thought he showed some signs of a revival last year but I didn't see him much.

No matter what happens at QB though I'll be excited for the new era to begin.

**** no. Do not want such a self-centered guy
Pape, we ****ing suck at the position right now. He's the best option as a bridge.. of course we are still taking a QB.. he's literally no risk, he wasn't self-centered, when he was in Seattle.. I Don't think Denver was a good destination for him. Just saying my peice brother!

I thought he showed some signs of a revival last year but I didn't see him much.

No matter what happens at QB though I'll be excited for the new era to begin.
He'd be no risk, denvers is paying is entire salary.. we could have him for an affordable price.. I say make a run at him.. unless some fans still believe in the Bailey Jones QB duo of who can out suck the other.

Agree. Just read the comments people in Seattle made after he left, then look at what Sean Payton did once he had him. Russ at this stage of his career is a prima donna. Not at all what you want to expose a young QB to. If we're just looking for a place holder, there are plenty of other journeymen that can fill that slot, just pick one:

That shines a different light on things.

No matter who it is I like the idea of getting a bridge QB. No way do I want to see a rookie QB thrown to the sharks.

He can't play, doesn't have the legs anymore and requires a specific system for him to play that backyard football that he ran successfuly in Seattle. Can't play for the pocket.

I don't care what the stats say, I watched many games and he sucks.

Carlson Wentz is really a good possibility cousins, after Philly he really went into a downward spiral, bad teams, pressure to produce...I wonder if playing in a game manager role maybe he can be the decent place holder we are looking for.
Of the 10 most boneheaded decisions I've seen by a pro QB, Wentz made 5 of them. If he was the Pats QB I'd be a nervous wreck.

He can't play, doesn't have the legs anymore and requires a specific system for him to play that backyard football that he ran successfuly in Seattle. Can't play for the pocket.

Did you watch any patriots Qbs last season?

All I'm basically saying is this.
He'd be bridge QB 1-2 years.
His contract is paid in full by Denver
24-8 was the production, if we had that last season we make the post season.

Wilson isn't the savior, But would be a viable option.

Pape, we ****ing suck at the position right now. He's the best option as a bridge.. of course we are still taking a QB.. he's literally no risk, he wasn't self-centered, when he was in Seattle.. I Don't think Denver was a good destination for him. Just saying my peice brother!
Would rather suck than bring him on. Better draft position in 2025

Would rather suck than bring him on. Better draft position in 2025
I'm with you, but don't think Kraft wants to suck going into this year as the organization says they want to remain competitive while still taking a QB..

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back