PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: IF you no longer live in New England

When we come back we drive from Wisconsin and go to Maine for vacation. Soar for the whole-belly fried clams and lobster rolls (my wife from the Midwest refers to them as lobster sandwiches). I do wear Patriots jerseys while on vacation.

Was back in New England last year for my nephew's wedding in New Hampshire. Spent time in my old stomping ground (Newport, RI) and Western MA. My wife, a California girl, was greatly impressed. Much different atmosphere in a good way compared to the Midwest.

When we come back we drive from Wisconsin and go to Maine for vacation. Soar for the whole-belly fried clams and lobster rolls (my wife from the Midwest refers to them as lobster sandwiches). I do wear Patriots jerseys while on vacation.
My last trip "back East" ... Six days, eight trips to the clam shack. One of those trips was the mix platter - fried clams and scallops. You know, for variety.

I love the seafood here in Houston - fried oyster po'boys are amazing, shrimp right off the boat. All in all really good stuff. But clams are just so different.

*IF* you moved away for any reason, does your spirit soar when you land at Logan (or Manchester?) for a visit?
I usually drive the 1,000 miles. Flying is just a pain in the ass.
So soar? No. Sore? Yes as in my butt is sore after a 14 hour drive

BTW whole belly clams are waiting for me on Cape Cod. I'll be there in July for a week. Might eat em every day.

Joined the Marines in Sept of 79. I still get the butterflies when I’m about to land. Miss the family although its just three sisters that are still there. Definately miss the food lobster,fried clams with bellies. A fresh Macintosh apple of a tree, blueberries pizza and a good sub. Just can’t get any of that out here in LA. Looks like I will be booking a trip soon. Need to see my sisters it’s been awhile. I like to go in the fall the colors of the landscape then is another thing that I miss

*IF* you moved away for any reason, does your spirit soar when you land at Logan (or Manchester?) for a visit?
I have great nostalgia for the coastal towns. I love them. They are totally different than anywhere else in the US. I grew up in Connecticut on Long Island Sound, but spent a lot of my summers in Rhode Island, worked in Nantucket, Block Island, went to school in Boston, and now we always vacation in either Falmouth, Plum Island or Westerly.

A couple years ago we told our kids they could pick anywhere in the northeast they wanted to go, just a driving vacation of 2 weeks length. One of the stops was Salem, MA which was actually the highlight for them. We hit Sturbridge Village, hiked Jiminy Peak, ended up going to caverns in upstate NY including Watkins Glen, Cooperstown, and finally they let me have my day at the Ommegang Brewery which they also loved. I have to say that was one of the best ideas we ever had for a family vacation.

Yes. We spend time on the Cape at least twice a year. My blood pressure goes down as soon as we cross the bridge.

When I land at Logan? No. When I see the following? Absolutely.....

72011423.jpg

I drive in these days. Haven't flown in since I moved back east. If it's autumn, I do get some warm fuzzies. New England is at its best that time of year. If I'm going to Foxboro, I'm pretty damned happy.

But I don't miss living there whatsoever.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back