PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: IF you no longer live in New England

I was just back for a conference, first time in several years. I didn't have much time to do things, but I enjoyed several nice restaurants and rode the T a lot. There was a bit of sticker shock at menu prices and even hotel prices, relative to Florida.

I loved seeeing all of the championship banners at Logan on the wall above the TSA security checkpoint. I never fail to gaze at them!

Lived in Rhode Island all my wretched life ...
Providence ... will be here forever for better or worse supporting my homer teams ...like wedding vows :)
yo kid...you MUST know me then. You ever get thrown out of Lupo's Headbreak Hotel? seen the Young Adults? ate a Wimpy Skippy at Caserta's?

Joined the Marines in Sept of 79. I still get the butterflies when I’m about to land. Miss the family although its just three sisters that are still there. Definately miss the food lobster,fried clams with bellies. A fresh Macintosh apple of a tree, blueberries pizza and a good sub. Just can’t get any of that out here in LA. Looks like I will be booking a trip soon. Need to see my sisters it’s been awhile. I like to go in the fall the colors of the landscape then is another thing that I miss
Ist thang- thanks for your service. So you were at Pendleton. I'm a Boston native but I spent one of the best years of my life in Pacific Beach back in 1980. I was single, 27 and a kid in a candy store with all those beautiful California blonds.

I go home from the Houston area purely to visit family, so it’s always nice to go there.

Having said that, they’ve done so much construction that I barely recognize it a lot of times. Quincy, where I grew up, and Waltham, where I bought my first home, both are booming.

I wouldn't say soar but it's still nice. My spirit tends to soar more when I'm walking to the stadium, driving around my old home town, seeing my old friends, eating my favorite marinated steak tips (because that's not a thing in the midwest for some reason) and I actually miss Papa Gino's pizza.

Like Nikolai I don't miss living there. There's so much animosity in the north east part of the U.S. and I think I figured out why it is. It's the driving. To get from point A to point B that's only 10 miles away usually takes 45 minutes because of all the winding roads, one way streets and general traffic and I think that's where most of the pissed off energy comes from. When I have to drive in Massachusetts's I have to change my mindset back to being a total aggressive **** otherwise I wont get anywhere and I'll end up holding up traffic for everyone else and make things worse. I remember one time after getting back to the midwest I still had my Boston driving brain and I ended up cutting someone off (which would have been totally normal in Boston) but the person I cut off leaned on their horn at me and it took me a second to realize "Oh whoops that was a totally unnecessary **** move of me

Moved from Boston to Austin back in 2015 after that **** show of a winter. Lots of transplants and established Patriots bars here which still make Sundays fun. Best thing about going back is the food, the ocean and noticing changes.

I haven't been back as much as I'd like, but to visit I don't see why it would not. I've been in New Orleans now for close to a decade, but even debating moving back to the Northeast maybe!

Lived in California about half of my life so far now…

Get back to Boston about twice a year

I fly in more than I drive in…don’t feel anything at Logan other than, “Boston…hope these slow pokes hurry off the plane snd I get to the urinal ASAFP” running through my mind…

Was back in New England last year for my nephew's wedding in New Hampshire. Spent time in my old stomping ground (Newport, RI) and Western MA. My wife, a California girl, was greatly impressed. Much different atmosphere in a good way compared to the Midwest.
I read that since the onset of the pandemic more that 200k Massachusetts residents have moved out the state, citing traffic, rising costs of living ect.. I'd like to know how are you experiencing living out the commonwealth?

I left in 1991, moved to NYC, hated that, moved down south 22 years ago, you couldn’t get me to move back north again, Evah!

Im currently back for a few weeks helping out family, I have no idea how you guys put up with the daily assaults on your liberty. I got a dirty look at the grocery store because I didn’t have reusable bags, so I asked the guy to double plastic bag my groceries, just to piss everyone off!!,,

Im staying down the Cape and forgot how segregated Mass is, Ive been here over a week and I’ll let you know when I finally see someone who isn’t white.

went straight for fried clams and steamers, once I score some Papa Gino’s Ill be ready to head back south!

When I left Boston in '85 I was told that I had a very heavy Boston accent to the point that the Pennsylvanians couldn't understand me. Of course I maried a woman named "bahbarah". When I go back to Boston, ( try to catch a Pats game every year or so at Gillette- it is a lot safer than being a Pats fan at a Jets game in NJ!! which I have done) my wife jokes that my Boston accent comes back. It's instinctive and I don't even notice it.

Joined the Marines in Sept of 79. I still get the butterflies when I’m about to land. Miss the family although its just three sisters that are still there. Definately miss the food lobster,fried clams with bellies. A fresh Macintosh apple of a tree, blueberries pizza and a good sub. Just can’t get any of that out here in LA. Looks like I will be booking a trip soon. Need to see my sisters it’s been awhile. I like to go in the fall the colors of the landscape then is another thing that I miss
You know what gets me when I come back to Mass after spending time in LA? The sunlight. it's so different.

The brightest days in MA are dark compared to the LA days, even during June Gloom by the shore. Everything just looks different - even the contrast of the leaves against the sky. Shocked me the first time I noticed it, even after a couple of my kids had warned me.

Boston and LA (MA and SoCal) are very different. I love both at different times of the year.

Soar for whole-belly fried clams? Yes.

Soar for driving out of Logan (and Boston in general)? No. Most definitely no.
When we come back we drive from Wisconsin and go to Maine for vacation. Soar for the whole-belly fried clams and lobster rolls (my wife from the Midwest refers to them as lobster sandwiches). I do wear Patriots jerseys while on vacation.

If it makes you folks feel any better (it probably won't) we moved just to NH and it's still difficult to find full belly clams.

Our oldest son just informed us on Father's Day that he took a job in LA. He's been all over the world and is as much into food as anything. If you don't mind I'll use this post to try and keep him here. :)

Our oldest son just informed us on Father's Day that he took a job in LA. He's been all over the world and is as much into food as anything. If you don't mind I'll use this post to try and keep him here. :)
If he likes Mexican or Asian cuisine, you're in trouble.

If he likes fake Chinese or pizza, you got a chance.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back