PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: IF you no longer live in New England

I moved away from Salem, NH in 2001 to NC. Moved to CALI in 2002. Moved to TX on Memorial Day 2006.
I've been back numerous times. Stay with my extended family in Billerica.
Had to go back 13 times in 2019 & 2020 after my Aunt died and was my the POA for my Uncle with Parkinsons.
I don't miss the winters. Not when in Winter 2000/2001 there were 3 snowstorms dropping 30", 30" and 24". Spending 4 hours behind a snow blower is not my idea of fun.
I miss the Late springs and Early Falls, though..

Guess where I live in New England....go ahead..

dels-lemonade-prints.jpg

81QmDnTZj8L.jpg

weiner.jpg

l.jpg
l.jpg

My heart did not soar for…

1687399487864.jpeg

Yup.

There's no more "rush hour" you're on by 2 or home by 6-7 anytime after 230-3.

The bike lanes and bike people are some of the worst people on Earth. Terrible awful shameless creatures.

Ugh the MBTA isn't the worst in the country but holy smokes it's bad. Crazy people, homeless, always something happening with delays.

Yea we need to take back the city.
I've been in a new city for 3.5 years and there are two major roads running north/south with bike lanes. Last Monday was the first time I've seen one being used and the clown was speeding the wrong way on a one way. That reminded me of the time that I met an off-duty cop here and asked her if it was legal to drive in one of those lanes if it's not being used. She responded that it was legal to use them. That kid on Monday was lucky that I wasn't using it then.

I've been in a new city for 3.5 years and there are two major roads running north/south with bike lanes. Last Monday was the first time I've seen one being used and the clown was speeding the wrong way on a one way. That reminded me of the time that I met an off-duty cop here and asked her if it was legal to drive in one of those lanes if it's not being used. She responded that it was legal to use them. That kid on Monday was lucky that I wasn't using it then.
That's another issue. Many people have no idea u can use the lanes if not occupied with those ****in insects.

Boston, like many places. Is just a lot different than it was 20 years ago.

*IF* you moved away for any reason, does your spirit soar when you land at Logan (or Manchester?) for a visit?

live been in TN for 30 years now and would never move back. I do love visiting Boston when I can, the city is just amazing in History and the Food on the north end, love it. But being from VT, I don’t miss that state for a second.

Boston is always beautiful and a wonderful city to fly into or just drive into coming from NH.

I'm about over it and ready to commit multiple murders within 10 minutes though. Like PatsfanTN said, nice to visit, but don't miss living there at all

Moved to Boston from Detroit at 22 years old in 1993. What an adventure! Beautiful historic city with tons to do. Walk anywhere. Career opportunities everywhere, and good ones! Built a career, met super smart and fun people, met my wife, started a family. Loved the food and culture. Still do!! The city is great and I also love the surrounding beautiful historic towns (Cambridge, Salem, Marblehead, Newburyport, Portsmouth - I became a North Shore guy I guess). A great place to be young and find yourself. One of the best in the country.

After 20 years (10 years ago) I moved to SC to escape the snow and won't be moving back. I need to be able to swim outside in January, go for year-long stretches without wearing shoes or pants, and even waving to friendly neighbors when they drive by in cars. The benefits no longer outweigh the hassles and expense. But I love returning to the city and do so twice a year. Still hate the snow, but the region is great. I could almost forgive the terrible traffic, high costs, rude people, bad infrastructure, litter/trash, etc.

Even though I'm in a foodie city, so to speak, the food overall is way better in Boston. Not just the clams, lobster rolls and pizza stuff, but the high end fancy restaurants, foodie/chef culture, the middling stuff, the availability of legit ethnic options, the variety, the low end, even the groceries (for the most part).

Y'all have a blessed day.

What I would give for three all the way and some clam cakes!

How about York Beach Maine? Any Patsfans vacation there?
My sister moved up there about 15 years ago, I spend half the weekends in summer up there. It was my father's favorite place, took us up there in the summer for vacation. Lots of good places to eat whether you're in the mood for seafood or Italian or a good steak. May retire up there in 5 years.

*IF* you moved away for any reason, does your spirit soar when you land at Logan (or Manchester?) for a visit?
I would say no because every time I come back to MA, I end up going to the **** holes known as New Bedford and Fairhaven to visit my family. So I would say it sinks and not soars lol.

Well, if I land, I’d land in Portland. Maine is where I grew up… where we raised our family… where we still have many friends… where my brother still lives… and where I experienced the first three of six NE SB wins. So, to quote the old hymn, when returning, “it is well… it is well… within my soul.” :)

Ist thang- thanks for your service. So you were at Pendleton. I'm a Boston native but I spent one of the best years of my life in Pacific Beach back in 1980. I was single, 27 and a kid in a candy store with all those beautiful California blonds.
Your welcome. I was actually stationed at 29 Palms. I hated it at first but Now I love the desert. I live north of LA now. My in laws have a place at PB. Nice spot lots of eye candy.

I love the Midwest. But being away from the ocean is like an itch in one’s bone marrow. The stupid, aggressive driving in Massachusetts that is now firmly entrenched in NH just has me shaking my head.

And I am starting to feel like a fool. It’s about 30% cheaper in Ohio to live than New England.

SC sounds like a good retirement state. But my wife and I are dyed in the wool NEers. Until we die.

The soaring feeling is reserved for when I drive into the Lakes Region of NH and see Squam Lake again, but miss living there? Not in the least. Tourists clogging everything in the summer so you can't get anywhere by any means and winters just suck in general. The whole belly clams, lobster rolls and real maple syrup might be the only true "NE" food though - everything else is just "New England-ified" from somewhere else.

Moved away to Atlanta for career and cost of living. My parents are still back there, so I love going for visits. Always brings back excitement and nostalgia.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back