PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: HGH-Boy Starting Divisional Game. Going for 10th One n Done. Chances of AFCCG In MA Improve

Status
Not open for further replies.
That KC game in Denver was weeks ago, the Broncos had no identity back then and Peyton threw 4 picks, if I'm not mistaken Osweiller came in late in the game and put some points in the score, with more time who knows. The week 2 game although months ago is a better sample of the match up between these 2 teams. Alex Smith, Andy Reid, give me a break.

This KC team had a hard time to beat the Ravens with Jimmy Klasomething , don't be surprised if they choke against Houston.

Don't be so quick to write off Alex Smith in the playoffs.

Alex Smith Playoffs Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com

In three games he's posted a 108.6 passer rating and 10 total touchdowns compared to 0 interceptions.

do you guys really think we are better off (from a pats perspective) with manning as the starter?

Hard to say, I think both QB's suck now. Manning has a higher ceiling if he can find a way to put it together for a game. Maybe with the rest and help of other supplements, :rolleyes: He can put it together for a game or two. I doubt it tho. If he can just not turn it over and let his D do their thing, I don't count them out hosting the AFCC.

Hard to say, I think both QB's suck now. Manning has a higher ceiling if he can find a way to put it together for a game. Maybe with the rest and help of other supplements, :rolleyes: He can put it together for a game or two. I doubt it tho. If he can just not turn it over and let his D do their thing, I don't count them out hosting the AFCC.
He can but I don't think there is anyway he does it for three and I doubt 2. The other team's defense will be doing everything they can to lay hits on him. He sucked at the end of last year and he sucked for most of this year. Get him in the cold and some hits and he will shatter like an HGH vial cooled in liquid nitrogen dropped on concrete.

do you guys really think we are better off (from a pats perspective) with manning as the starter?
1. Bad move by the Broncos. Manning is done and doesn't have the arm strength to drive it downfield now. Teams will sit on everything underneath.

2. Also a terrible move to announce this.
This was my thought. Stupid Broncos, why didn't you make your opponent prepare for two QBs? If you're going with Noodle Arm, why not keep them guessing? Now they have their game plan in advance as you've said.

Don't be so quick to write off Alex Smith in the playoffs.

Alex Smith Playoffs Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com

In three games he's posted a 108.6 passer rating and 10 total touchdowns compared to 0 interceptions.

That game against the Colts in 2013 was one hell of a game too. It's too bad KC's defense completely fell apart, otherwise he would have been the reason they won that.

It's a good thing I haven't had lunch yet...
vomit.gif

I wonder if 'Hatchet' Goodell has the same gang tats that Ray has.

That game against the Colts in 2013 was one hell of a game too. It's too bad KC's defense completely fell apart, otherwise he would have been the reason they won that.
His game against the Saints was his best in my eyes. I don't think anybody thought that game would turn out the way it did.

His game against the Saints was his best in my eyes. I don't think anybody thought that game would turn out the way it did.
What was the quote? 'Ever since Petyon Manning was a small boy he dreamed of throwing the game winning touchdown for the New Orleans Saints in the SuperBowl and today he did'?

Yes indeed. The Chiefs scare me the most in the AFC. They have a quarterback that, while not spectacular, does not make mistakes, a stingy and opportunistic defense, and a good running game. The Patriots of the early 2000's have shown that you can win it all with that formula. Of everyone the Pats could possibly encounter in the next couple of weeks, I think they present the toughest challenge.

Yes indeed. The Chiefs scare me the most in the AFC. They have a quarterback that, while not spectacular, does not make mistakes, a stingy and opportunistic defense, and a good running game. The Patriots of the early 2000's have shown that you can win it all with that formula. Of everyone the Pats could possibly encounter in the next couple of weeks, I think they present the toughest challenge.
I agree 100%.

My fear is Fat Andy is going to figure out how to not become the next Marty Schottenheimer and be the next Bill Cowher

What was the quote? 'Ever since Petyon Manning was a small boy he dreamed of throwing the game winning touchdown for the New Orleans Saints in the SuperBowl and today he did'?
We're talking about Alex Smith, but that quote will always be a classic.

Agreed. If the Broncos started Osweiler then I think it would've been a toss up, but Kubiak's being Kubiak, so their run game and defense are gonna have to step up even more.

I may be in the minority here but I thought he looked pretty good in his last outing. 5/9 60 something yards but most importantly he moved the offense and made the plays he had to to come back in the 4th.

Beyond his numbers he moved better than he did before the injury and seemed to have some zip on the ball from what the network broadcast could show.

In my mind the question is, can he stay on the same trajectory for 3 more games.

1. Bad move by the Broncos. Manning is done and doesn't have the arm strength to drive it downfield now. Teams will sit on everything underneath.

2. Also a terrible move to announce this.

My first thought was that this will end up DRAMATIZING the offseason and the Broncos' inevitable attempt to move on from Manning after this year. Would be so much simpler for them to cut him or whatever if they let Brock start.

If you're playing to win, you go with Osweiler. If you're playing not to lose, then HGHead is your man.

Kubiak lacks the guts that BB had in 2001.

With HGHead, the defense will lock down the running game on first down. On 2nd/3rd and long, they'll crowd the middle of the field and force OneandDoneTon to heave quails and helicopters outside the numbers and down the field.

I may be in the minority here but I thought he looked pretty good in his last outing. 5/9 60 something yards but most importantly he moved the offense and made the plays he had to to come back in the 4th.

Beyond his numbers he moved better than he did before the injury and seemed to have some zip on the ball from what the network broadcast could show.

In my mind the question is, can he stay on the same trajectory for 3 more games.

five of nine

FIVE OF NINE

the most insignificant sample size you could imagine

he sucks

I also fear that Cincinnati can mimic a lot of what you just described, as well. Particularly if Dalton is back for next week.

I still have no idea who I'd rather play, outside of Houston--which is obviously unlikely.

PM absolutely moved the ball and put points on the board.

You can still question the quality of defensive talent he faced and moving forward his ability to be effective vs better defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back