PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Gronk to WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.
As bad as he'll be in the ring he's going to be a disaster on the mic.

His in-ring ceiling is Goldberg's moveset.

The Kielbasa Kid

He had a cushy job with Fox as an analyst. Not sure why he wants to go to the WWE with his spine as flimsy as it is. Those guys live their lives in a world of pain and the schedule is brutal.

This. Unless he gets a Brock Lesnar-esque deal (pretty sure he only does PPV's, and only if he's he top billed match), he's gonna be in for a world of dark ****. It's worse pay, it's worse amenities, it's more grind, you are alone,and the WWE is a bit more shady.

If it happens, it’s probably a X amount of appearances type deal with a blowoff, then go from there. This is not a case of him working a full schedule, as his body would NOT hold up to the full-time grind. Summerslam, the second biggest pay per view for the company, is at the garden this year. Build him up, team him with a guy who can work, and have them face a heel team and there’s money there. The garden would go BANANAS seeing Gronk hit the ring after a hot tag. That’d be a hell of a moment.

His “silent stationary cop” portrayal at an awards show was so compelling.......... I always thought Gronk would play Lennie in a modern day version of Of Mice and Men.
Or Kevin Malone’s younger brother in “The Office-Buffalo”

I could see Gronk playing Drago's son in a Rocky sequel.

Or the walking boss with mirrored sunglasses in a remake of Cool Hand Luke.

If it happens, it’s probably a X amount of appearances type deal with a blowoff, then go from there. This is not a case of him working a full schedule, as his body would NOT hold up to the full-time grind. Summerslam, the second biggest pay per view for the company, is at the garden this year. Build him up, team him with a guy who can work, and have them face a heel team and there’s money there. The garden would go BANANAS seeing Gronk hit the ring after a hot tag. That’d be a hell of a moment.

Damn this might be right on the money.

I still think he's gonna be garbage on the mic but your hot tag @ the Garden scenario makes too much sense.

You all think Gronk is powerless regarding the beating his body takes? There’s a reason contracts are negotiated. He’s not an idiot, and I’m guessing the WWE would like to change their public image.
I'll remember that when he's body-slammed and breaks like Mr. Glass from the Shyamalan flicks.

Gronk will be to the WWE what Trump was a generation ago.

Where is Jim the Wrestling Goon when you need him?

Short term / temporary position

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand