PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Goodell extended

Steve102

Any Man Who Must Say I Am The King Is No True King
PatsFans.com Supporter
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

Too bad Schefty didn't use the clown nose picture.

In the end, as long as the NFL is making money quite literally hand over fist, they will keep this guy. None of the 32 owners care about what a dink this schmuck is, they only care about
paid pay day GIF

Nothing could ever convince me this guy is anywhere close to the most competent person for the job. A ****ing arts degree in communications. Putting everything else aside, what successful communications campaign has this guy even implemented in the NFL? You know, something to convince us the NFL has true conviction in a certain thing or way or isn't lying about something else.

This seems like a "don't rock the boat" situation more than anything. And Kraft's continued support for this guy makes me wonder if he was the recipient of one of the key BJs Goodell handed out to get where he is.

Kraft is one of his biggest supporters no matter what stuff he pedaled during deflategate, he's one of his guys.

Kraft is one of the main people if not the main person keeping him in his job and getting paid, at the end of the day they all care about making money more than their team getting screwed out of a few picks or players getting suspended.

Goodell is the best bullet proof vest money can buy for those guys all he does is execute the wishes of the owners and take the hate from the fans for doing it.

Nothing could ever convince me this guy is anywhere close to the most competent person for the job. A ****ing arts degree in communications. Putting everything else aside, what successful communications campaign has this guy even implemented in the NFL? You know, something to convince us the NFL has true conviction in a certain thing or way or isn't lying about something else.

This seems like a "don't rock the boat" situation more than anything. And Kraft's continued support for this guy makes me wonder if he was the recipient of one of the key BJs Goodell handed out to get where he is.

Kraft is one of his biggest supporters no matter what stuff he pedaled during deflategate, he's one of his guys.

Kraft is one of the main people if not the main person keeping him in his job and getting paid, at the end of the day they all care about making money more than their team getting screwed out of a few picks or players getting suspended.

Goodell is the best bullet proof vest money can buy for those guys all he does is execute the wishes of the owners and take the hate from the fans for doing it.
Michael Douglas High Quality GIF

Gordon Gecco would represent any one of the 32 owners IMO. They don't care about anything else other than money. They'll pay lip service to player safety just enough to keep them out of court, but in the end, it's all about the Benjamins. Goodell makes them money by the truckload. That's the bottom line.

EDIT: Gecco might have been a great commish.

Last edited:
This merits one big dislike for all the owners from this Pats fan

pp,840x830-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Last edited:
I mean…he’s good at his job. He’s a sockpuppet to deflect anything bad the owners decide to do. That’s it, that’s the job.

I mean…he’s good at his job. He’s a sockpuppet to deflect anything bad the owners decide to do. That’s it, that’s the job.
Yep, it's the whole 'steward of the game' ******** he and the owners try to sell that insults fan's intelligence and sucks baboon balls.

To paraphrase Solzhenitsyn, 'We know they are lying. They know they are lying. They know that we know they are lying. We know that they know that we know they are lying. And still they continue to lie.'

Too bad Schefty didn't use the clown nose picture.

In the end, as long as the NFL is making money quite literally hand over fist, they will keep this guy. None of the 32 owners care about what a dink this schmuck is, they only care about
paid pay day GIF

That’s true in most businesses, especially large ones.

Roger benefitted greatly from the rise of fantasy football.

The game was better with Tagliabue....way better.

Goodell is just a corporate stooge. He does EXACTLY what the owners want. And that's taking the heat for decisions THEY make. You think that guy coughs without the approval of most of the league owners?

Getting mad at him is like getting mad at the puppet, not the puppeteer.

Goodell is just a corporate stooge. He does EXACTLY what the owners want. And that's taking the heat for decisions THEY make. You think that guy coughs without the approval of most of the league owners?

Getting mad at him is like getting mad at the puppet, not the puppeteer.

He has more autonomy than you want to believe, achieving that by playing owners against one another. He has hatched his share of independent initiatives and wields considerable power from the New York office. Goodell is well worth our derision.

63e67dcfb7154b1a8f72db2b copy.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure the multi-billion dollar owners who elect to pay him....elect to pay a guy that won't do what they tell him to do. Are you sure about that? Does that sound reasonable? The guy who makes 5% of only ONE billion is telling MULTI-billionaires what to do?

Yeah, I'm sure the multi-billion dollar owners who elect to pay him....elect to pay a guy that won't do what they tell him to do. Are you sure about that? Does that sound reasonable? The guy who makes 5% of only ONE billion is telling MULTI-billionaires what to do?

Oh, he definitely does enough to keep the majority of them satisfied a majority of the time, no doubt about that. He also is a shrewd manipulator; otherwise, he wouldn't have lasted so long with certain owners wanting him gone at various junctures. They aren't unanimously behind him. It's not that he tells them what to do, it's that they give him general directives and he does things HIS way while coming up with plenty of ideas on his own.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back