PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - former Cowboy aged 48 lost for 4 days after forgets where leaves car. Sad story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pain

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Former Dallas Cowboy safe after being missing for 4 days | Daily Mail Online

"Randolph said that among Coleman's friends and family's concerns while he was missing were that he would freeze while outside or that he might get mugged or carjacked.

Coleman was reported as wearing a long sleeve black shirt, black shorts and black sandals when he went missing. Low temperatures in Dallas have been hovering around 40 degrees.

'He’s a big man and he can take care of himself, but when he’s in that condition, you don’t know what he’s thinking or you’re thinking someone can take advantage of him,' Randolph told CBS DFW.

Randolph noted that on bad days, Coleman has been known to wander off and that his confusion lead to him getting frustrated and then lost.

The last time he went missing, in May 2017, he was gone for eight days and spent several of those days at a Dallas homeless shelter.

Coleman's mother told Dallas News that he suffered at least eight concussions while playing football.

He has reportedly been given a settlement from the NFL as a result of his injuries, but the payment is still pending.

Coleman was playing for the Cowboys when they won the Super Bowl in 1994. He was released from the team in July 1995. "

Football as we know it is going to die. No wonder Gronk is considering leaving.

This news will help the Gronk situation. Not.

Man these stories really get to me. Just an awful way to spend the rest of your life.

The difference now is better helmet design(s) and more awareness of concussions and their long-term effects.

Add to that more emphasis on proper tackling techniques and the risks are lowered considerably. They will never be fully eliminated.

As long as players make an informed choice to continue to play, then football will continue. The only way that football eliminates damage to humans is if they replace the human player with a robotic player. Then, of course, you run the risk of actual physical damage to circuits instead of brains, but hey! No concussions. :)

Familiar with the tragic issue as my mother died from awful alzheimers. Sympathies.
Reminds me of an episode in 1994 when I was traveling a long trip coast to coast multi-city. Ended up in Ft Lauderdale FL at company HQ for a big engineering meeting. After work back at the hotel, I offered to drive the guys to dinner at the Crab Shack. Went to get car. GONE.
After a long full parking lot search I reluctantly had to call the cops about the missing rental car. While sitting with the cop answering his questions I suddenly remembered that yes I had ridden back to the hotel from work with the guys BUT I had driven them to work in my car which of course I had left there when riding back with the others. My guys had a great time ridiculing me.

Familiar with the tragic issue as my mother died from awful alzheimers. Sympathies.
Reminds me of an episode in 1994 when I was traveling a long trip coast to coast multi-city. Ended up in Ft Lauderdale FL at company HQ for a big engineering meeting. After work back at the hotel, I offered to drive the guys to dinner at the Crab Shack. Went to get car. GONE.
After a long full parking lot search I reluctantly had to call the cops about the missing rental car. While sitting with the cop answering his questions I suddenly remembered that yes I had ridden back to the hotel from work with the guys BUT I had driven them to work in my car which of course I had left there when riding back with the others. My guys had a great time ridiculing me.
Deleted my prior post/joke in the wake of this post.

Car is found 20 years after man forgot where he parked it

Damn, 48. My dad has alzheimer's/dementia and it's hell on earth, but he's also 75. I cannot imagine having a loved one be that young exhibiting signs of such a horrible disease.

Here's hoping they can get some kind of a handle on these brain diseases.

While the league is arguably safer now than it was even 10 years ago, never mind 20 or more, I'm not sure I'd let my kid play football. Stories like these are very sad and scary.

The difference now is better helmet design(s) and more awareness of concussions and their long-term effects.

Add to that more emphasis on proper tackling techniques and the risks are lowered considerably. They will never be fully eliminated.

As long as players make an informed choice to continue to play, then football will continue. The only way that football eliminates damage to humans is if they replace the human player with a robotic player. Then, of course, you run the risk of actual physical damage to circuits instead of brains, but hey! No concussions. :)
I think your right. I will add that its a real head scratcher when the commentator states that the helmet to helmet hit wasn't a penalty due to the player becoming a runner? Thus, the helmet to helmet hit is still ok.

That WWE option's looking better and better.

Time to beat my dead horse again.. but the NFL is not doing all that much except for lip service.

My suggestion is that if a player gets hit by another player resulting in a concussion(helmet to helmet), the hitting player is immediately removed from the game and cannot play until the player he hit is cleared to play again.. for example the hit on Brandon Cooks by Jenkins in the SB should have resulted in Jenkins automatic ejection for the rest of the game and forfeiture of any financial gain, the same for the hit on Gronk in the Jax game OTOH Gronk should have been penalized the same way during the Buffalo game.

All I hear is how "hard" this will be, but damnit do something to try to make the game more safe except talk about it..

If the NFL does not do something radical, they will no longer exist as we know it.. the February sports highlight will be Daytona 500 and the Puppy Bowl..

Bring back the leather helmets. Let's see how many players still lead with the head instead of tackling properly.

And I'm only half kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back