PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Favre can't stop talking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT:Favre cant stop talking

You do realize that the reason we know all the things Favre supposedly did (the retire/not retire stuff) is because the team was talking, right?

As for wanting more money, more power to him.

Really? We know that Favre called a press conference to announce his retirement because the team told us? We know that Favre filed his papers with the league offices because the Packers told us? We know that Favre, during the press conference and afterwards, gave Rodgers a vote of confidence because the Packers told us?

Sorry, but the only thing the Packers told us was that they offered Favre in the neighborhood of 20 million prior to his announcement of retirement.

Not to worry, the NY Media will turn on him soon enough, just as the people of Rome would turn on an Emperor who failed to placate their every whim and desire.

I can't wait to see how Lord Favre reacts when the veil falls away from his innocent eyes and he realises that the NY press are NOT his ball washers.

Get yer popcorn ready. I suspect that the fireworks will start quite soon after our week 3 meeting with the Jets.

Absolutely LOL:D

Love him or hate him the fact remains he is A Drama Queen and I for one will be following Mangenius' reactions to all of it. Favre in NY-he has NO idea how quickly NY fans/ media can and WILL turn the second he screws up. And he will. This is the AFC after all. Chances are pretty good he'll get his azz kicked on more than one occasion so, if I were Brett I'd start planning ahead and just stfu and move on.

Even if he's right, NOBODY wants to hear it, least of all Jets fans I'd assume. They'd probably prefer he focus on the present and the season, after all Lord Favre and Boy Wonder are supposed to be leading them to The Promised Land. Or else LOL

Also I think all NFL fans are a little Drama-Burned after last season. It's probably in his best interest to just shut up and play, but he won't nor will the media let him. I love it.

Pass the salt:D

Re: OT: Favre cant stop talking

Favre is really exposing himself of a the narcisist premadonna he really is. Move on already Brett! The Jets are playing the Dolphins in a week. Focus on that.

I have no problem with a player changing his mind about retiring, but he shouldn't expect the team to move on if they do. Especially a guy like Favre who expects the team to wait for him to get done with his flip-flopping on retiring or not.

Sorry, but Favre thinks he is bigger the the Packers' organization. The fact that his gripes with the team include them not listen to him when making personnel decisions, coaching decisions, and coaching philosophies tells me that they guy has an out of whack ego.

The team tried to paint him as the bad guy and he's pointing out the kind of bull**** they were pulling, so it's Favre who's the bad guy?

You have GOT to be kidding me. Are you wrong on EVERY issue of football or what? This is asinine. Brett Favre IS THE BAD GUY in this situation. And HE is the one who's incessantly spewing to the media instead of keeping some kind of honor involved. Brett Favre, and anyone who supports his ridiculous, flimsy story, deserves heaps and heaps of derision.

Honestly, what world do you live in?

He needs to jsut shut up. If the team wants to give him his old locker, accept it as a thoughtful gesture and don't complain about it in the press. There are many ways to be rude, but ridiculing a gift soemone made to you in good faith has to be right up there among the rudest.

You wanted out. You got out.

Just say you appreciated the time you spent in GB but now you're a Jet and you like it here and hope to win a lot of games with your new team.

Nothing looks as bad as carping about your old team. Or player. remember how bad Childress looked for blasting Culpepper after he left, or Shell for lambasting Moss. Complaining about former team, team-mates, players just makes you look bad, and this makes Favre look bad.

Favre pulled this will-I-retire-or-won't-I nonsense a number of times. The Packers drafted a QB of the future one of those times, made off-season promises and decisions BASED on Favre's retirement and then he comes back and hems and haws AGAIN? And he's NOT the bad guy? You people are beyond delusional. Completely unhinged.

Favre pulled this will-I-retire-or-won't-I nonsense a number of times. The Packers drafted a QB of the future one of those times, made off-season promises and decisions BASED on Favre's retirement and then he comes back and hems and haws AGAIN? And he's NOT the bad guy? You people are beyond delusional. Completely unhinged.
I second that.

Here's to hoping the Pats crush Favre and the Jets this season. God that would be a true delight.

Did he really not understand what Ted Thompson was trying to do? Why the hell would the GM come to him about returning to the NFL before Favre had announced he was thinking about it?

Favre, listen... you RETIRED. In la la Favre land, I guess that means you just took a step back so you could get the self satisfaction of having people beg you to come back, but in the real world, that means you've stopped playing. It also means the team needs to plan for the future without you, which they did.

Then they think of a gesture for you, something that you could take with you so you'll always have a piece of the Packers in your RETIREMENT. They weren't ushering your ass out the door... it was already out because you RETIRED. If you don't understand nostalgia, don't claim it was a diss that they wanted to gut a piece of their locker room and give it to you.

Ridiculous.

Last edited:

You have GOT to be kidding me. Are you wrong on EVERY issue of football or what? This is asinine. Brett Favre IS THE BAD GUY in this situation. And HE is the one who's incessantly spewing to the media instead of keeping some kind of honor involved. Brett Favre, and anyone who supports his ridiculous, flimsy story, deserves heaps and heaps of derision.

Honestly, what world do you live in?

You really need to get your dosages rechecked.

I am not sure exactly what the news is here? Farve told the coach that he thinks he would give the Packers a better chance of winning than Rodgers does. This is throwing Rodgers under the bus.

Maybe next time Brady is on WEEI, he can be ask if he or Cassel offers the Patriots the best chance and beating KC. If Brady says it is himself, we can have a thread about arrogant Tom is.

I don't like Brett, but there is no news here.

I think the jets have a great chance at starting 0 and 3, and when they do favre might rereconsider retirement after the fans start throwing batteries at him.

I am not sure exactly what the news is here? Farve told the coach that he thinks he would give the Packers a better chance of winning than Rodgers does. This is throwing Rodgers under the bus.

Maybe next time Brady is on WEEI, he can be ask if he or Cassel offers the Patriots the best chance and beating KC. If Brady says it is himself, we can have a thread about arrogant Tom is.

I don't like Brett, but there is no news here.

I don't think the story is that he thinks he's better than Rodgers. The story to me is that he was surprised that the purpose of Thompson's visit to his home wasn't to get down on his hands and knees and ask Favre to come back.

He seemed disgusted that the Packers might actually believe he would really retire. How dare they? :rolleyes:

I think the jets have a great chance at starting 0 and 3, and when they do favre might rereconsider retirement after the fans start throwing batteries at him.

Now would that be AA batteries.... or car batteries? Because I think car batteries might kill him.

“I think Aaron Rodgers will do a real good job, barring injury,” doesn't sound like throwing him under a bus, to me.

wherehe adds , that favre gives them a best chance to win and also the words arring injury"
what have the packers won since 1997 that favre after 1 good season last yr mainly due to mcarthy making favre study more and be diligent thinks that he is their best option to win ?

“I think Aaron Rodgers will do a real good job, barring injury,” doesn't sound like throwing him under a bus, to me.
You aren't reading closely enough. Just because he said Aaron will do a "real good job" doesn't excuse his later comments, and to suggest otherwise is copping out. Big time. Favre is an adult, and should act like one.

Rodgers was chosen to be their starting quarterback when Favre retired. By saying, "I give them a better chance to win," he's implying that Rodgers gives them a better chance to lose. It's that simple. And given Favre's age, and aptitude to fall apart in pressure situations (*cough* playoffs *cough*) there isn't even proof that this statement is true.

What's worse is that he knows it, as he revealed by making the snide remark that McCarthy et al might even look like "geniuses" for keeping Rodgers as their starter. In saying this, he's effectively covering his ass in advance.

That's how he's "throwing Rodgers under the bus."

Guys get cut. It doesn't matter for what reason. It happens. And the classy guys suck it up and move on. Favre has been anyhing but classy.

I agree with your last sentence, but I still disagree that he threw Rogers under a bus. I think he threw McCarthy and Thompson under a bus though. Just because he thinks he would have given the Packers a better chance to win this year isn't throwing Rogers under a bus. It may be arrogant, braggardly, and inappropriate, but it is probably true. Of course, it doesn't mention how he left the Packers dangling while he dilly dallied and hemmed and hawed about deciding whether or not he was retired for the past 2 or 3 off-seasons, then finally announced his retirement when the Packers forced him to make a decision before the draft. And then he changed his mind. Too bad - the train had left the station, to stick with the transit metaphors. But I don't think he particulary disrespected Rogers, who after all, hasn't won an NFL game yet.

You have a good point about him throwing his coach under the bus. I definitely agree with that. But in doing so, he's throwing the whole team under, Rodgers included. Perhaps his diss of Rodgers is less direct, but I still think it's there.

I just hope he stinks this year so we don't have to hear from him anymore.

Favre = Deranged Narcissist.

Honestly, there is something mentally wrong with that man. It may not be his own fault, however. No athlete in history (especially an athlete with only ONE championship) has ever been fawned over quite so much as the NFL record holder of career interceptions.

This man has been living in a cocoon of psycophants for over a decade. It had to have had a tremendous effect on the man's mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft