Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
From PFT:

"The 36-year-old Freeney showed he still has some gas left in the tank, with 8.0 sacks in 11 games for the Cardinals last year. He said there was “some interest” from other teams, but the fact he was dragging his bait around on national television indicates that interest has yet to manifest itself into a firm offer."

Dwight Freeney, begging for work, admits he’ll go “anywhere”

Made almost $1,000,000 last year ... wonder if Bill will kick the tires.

I would not be opposed to him but then you need to cut someone and I don't want to cut any of our young promising players for a 1 year rental.

If Freeney joins then one of Flowers or Grissom likely needs to go and doubt we could sneak either on the PS. Now if one shows in camp they just don't have it then you make a move but both have flashed a little something. If they do sign Freeney though no question it makes them better this year for virtually no cost.

maybe after the bye week if one of our guys is hurt.

Hard to believe he was so good last year, I thought he was 100% toast. Worth a look.

I would not be opposed to him but then you need to cut someone and I don't want to cut any of our young promising players for a 1 year rental.

If Freeney joins then one of Flowers or Grissom likely needs to go and doubt we could sneak either on the PS. Now if one shows in camp they just don't have it then you make a move but both have flashed a little something. If they do sign Freeney though no question it makes them better this year for virtually no cost.

As a minor aside, someone on the FO staff said that Grissom actually worked out at TE, too, and did better than any TE they saw last year.

I would sign him.

Sign both, they have the money. Then have a crazy pass rush.

I was being somewhat sarcastic even though Hardy is working on his issues

I don't want Freeney here....if it's not a pass play, your defense is out there with 10 guys

Is Hardy a FA?

I was being somewhat sarcastic even though Hardy is working on his issues
My concern is he is one of those guys who is like "oh crap, no one is signing me.... guess I have to pretend I am getting counseling......."

8 sacks in 11 games definitely means he is not worthless from being old which surprises me. The name is obviously well known and thus intriging but for what role? He has always been undersized and mediocre at best setting the edge but as a third and long rusher who gets 10-20 snaps a game to go full tilt at the QB. Might be worth a vet min deal with incentives. Just make sure it's one of those easy to cut deals in case one of the younguns really flashes and makes him expendable

due to living in southern california, i watched him alot when he was a charger. he had some flashes but not enough to impact the game. he was totally different while with the cardinals; guessing he is one of those hot streak players that feeds off the success of the team. all in all sign the beast

From PFT:

"The 36-year-old Freeney showed he still has some gas left in the tank, with 8.0 sacks in 11 games for the Cardinals last year. He said there was “some interest” from other teams, but the fact he was dragging his bait around on national television indicates that interest has yet to manifest itself into a firm offer."

Dwight Freeney, begging for work, admits he’ll go “anywhere”

Would be a good backup option if we lose a DE in training camp

If he's cheap, why the hell not? I think we're going for rush from anywhere, which includes a designated rusher. I think we lost a lot in Jones and if somebody sees Grissom or Flowers as the next great one, they know more than me. Seems to me, we don't have a set defense anymore and are trying to bring max pressure somehow on passing downs. He's a top talent at one thing and obviously wouldn't be more than a part timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back