OT: Deion Branch - ACL Tear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AStack75

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/347327_hawk15.html

Excerpt...
The club will have no official word on the extent of Branch's injury until Holmgren holds his season-ending news conference Tuesday afternoon. But league sources said Monday that Branch will need surgery to repair ligament damage, perhaps even the anterior cruciate ligament.

Jason Chayut, Branch's agent, said he and his client are seeking a second opinion and that he will know more about Branch's situation by the end of the week.

Chalk it up to the Pats Jinx... People who leave the Pats cant find success for one reason or the other , when they leave...

Wish him well, but its becoming a trend

Branch
Givens
Woody
Milloy
Law- though he made the pro bowl with the Jets

Curtis Martin, but he did not play for the pats in this era, and is a class hall of famer...

Man did this guy disappear or what, he has basically been a #3, at best #2 at times receiver for this avg Seahawk team. Cant fault him for chasing millions of dollars, but i think the NFL should really start to wake up and realize any receiver for this pats team instantly gets better because of tom running the show, well of course except for moss who is already a hall of famer but look at what that got the pats, a history making season.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/347327_hawk15.html

Excerpt...
The club will have no official word on the extent of Branch's injury until Holmgren holds his season-ending news conference Tuesday afternoon. But league sources said Monday that Branch will need surgery to repair ligament damage, perhaps even the anterior cruciate ligament.

Jason Chayut, Branch's agent, said he and his client are seeking a second opinion and that he will know more about Branch's situation by the end of the week.

The twig is having heckuva career in the reat NW. He'll be cut next yr, and back to being mr. irrelevant.

Man, Branch and Givens are doing well aren't they. Two players, two ACL tears. Too bad. At least they got their money :)

Five posts on this subject and no one wrote "He's made of glass"?

So at the end of the day here's Deion's tally:

2 rings with NE
1 of Tom's SB MVP trophies with NE
$13M signing bonus on $37M deal he'll never see with Seattle vs.
$11M signing bonus on $31M deal with NE that might have netted
1 more ring minimum and counting for all of us...

I hope he didn't spend all the bonus money 'cause he's gonna need it when Holmgren leaves and Hasselbeck totally melts down.

Maybe if his rehab goes well he can sign a prove it deal with us as a FA in 2009.

'Sante, you watching this brother?

Man, Branch and Givens are doing well aren't they. Two players, two ACL tears. Too bad. At least they got their money :)

I guess the charitable way of looking at it is, this is exactly why you gun hard for the big-bonus contract. Because you never know when you're going to wake up with a leg patched together with duct tape.

I guess the charitable way of looking at it is, this is exactly why you gun hard for the big-bonus contract. Because you never know when you're going to wake up with a leg patched together with duct tape.

Although in the case of WR's playing for scatter armed QB's who hang guys out to dry fairly routinely will increase your odds. And when you have no good will built up over a number of championship seasons it's a lot less likely some team who barely knows you will stand behind that big contract that isn't worth the paper it's written on while you attempt to salvage your career.

The Patriots offered Deion his millions. He wanted more. Fine. A #1 and cap room and $$$ to sign Adalius (or Donte) or to extend Moss.

The Patriots offered Deion his millions. He wanted more. Fine. A #1 and cap room and $$$ to sign Adalius (or Donte) or to extend Moss.

Thank you twig. Now you have plenty of time to sit at Starbucks and sip on the latte for the next 1 1/2 yrs

So at the end of the day here's Deion's tally:

2 rings with NE
1 of Tom's SB MVP trophies with NE
$13M signing bonus on $37M deal he'll never see with Seattle vs.

'Sante, you watching this brother?

Yep, that's why they both held out. Deion got his $$$, and now 'Sante will get his. Just not here. Can't blame anyone for taking the dough in this violent sport. They both got their SB rings, but they aren't set for life until they get the big signing bonus.

I wish Deion the best. Assante too. Expect the Pats to pick a CB at #7.

Yep, that's why they both held out. Deion got his $$$, and now 'Sante will get his. Just not here. Can't blame anyone for taking the dough in this violent sport. They both got their SB rings, but they aren't set for life until they get the big signing bonus.

I wish Deion the best. Assante too. Expect the Pats to pick a CB at #7.
Samuel has honored his contract...Deion did NOT that is why it is different..Deion can choke on his tte for all I care...

Sucks to be him.

Deion had the contractual right to sit out, not get paid, and in fact get paid.

I'm not going to root for him to do well elsewhere the way I do for some ex-Pats, but he didn't do anything shady.

Deion had the contractual right to sit out, not get paid, and in fact get paid.

I'm not going to root for him to do well elsewhere the way I do for some ex-Pats, but he didn't do anything shady.

Where does it say in his contract that he can sit out? He can sit out until week 10 and then come back and still accrue a "contractual" year according to the CBA. I'm no lawyer but I am pretty sure the whole fine thing for not showing up to training camp proves that he had "contractual" obligation to be there.

Deion did a ton of shady crap.

Holmgren just confirmed during his press conference that Branch does have an ACL tear. He will be having surgery shortly. He said that time for recovery is around 9 months.

Holmgren just confirmed during his press conference that Branch does have an ACL tear. He will be having surgery shortly. He said that time for recovery is around 9 months.

But if/when he comes back, I don't think we'll see the same Deion again. He might be running in 9 months but he won't be making hard cuts and he'll be a half step slower. Chances of reinjuring it are also increased. Too bad. He could of been a part of something meaningful here. Or perhaps we can all thank Deion for starting the domino effect that brought us Moss, Welker and Stallworth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes