PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe Sources: Brady tore ACL and MCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four to six weeks wait.
That's October sometime.

Then six to nine months recovery & rehab.
That's April to July.

That basically projects that Brady would be available for training camp.
Probably would be held out of all mini-camps, and likely would start camp on PUP.

This is good news. I was really concerned about how bad the injury could be.

It's good news......... Tear is a pretty broad description. the fact that the MCL is not gonna be repaired surgically and left to heal on it's own, pretty much means that its a minor tear. No cartilage damage is HUGE.

He'll be back practicing in 10 months. Probably have an abbreviated camp, and be ready for the opener. Then the big ?? will be do we go with the HOF QB, or the 2009 SB MVP QB. Can you say quarterback controversy. :D

I'm sure Brady will take out a full-page ad in the Globe thanking the fans of New England when we deal him to Buffalo for their 2010 1st round pick! :D

I'm glad to hear he didn't dislocate his knee... I've dislocated my right knee three times, all within the last two years. The problem is that when you dislocate your knee/kneecap, the muscle around it streches out and it becomes very easy to re-injure. I was playing basketball in HS and I dislocated my knee on the way down from a dunk (ala Tony Allen) and rehabbed for a 2-3 months, tried to play again and within 1 hour of running around I had dislocated it again, it happened a third time when I was playing wiffleball (I know, I know) .

Um, didn't Culpepper tear both?

Yes, But Culpepper rehabed in his basement and at the Wal-Mart fitness center with Jerry Joe Jacobs, Fitness Master to the Bellview Shopping Center Promenade.

Four to six weeks wait.
That's October sometime.

That's April to July.

Probably would be held out of all mini-camps, and likely would start camp on PUP.

He's a professional Athlete - You can count on him being on the LOW end of that time frame.

while they are at it maybe they can clean up the shoulder as needed just for good measure..

Well..I agree with everyone..it COULD have been worse..so wish him well..and..I guess he wil lhave the surgery around the time the team is on the West Coast...

Guys were good....We just gotta ride out this year with Cassel which hopefully wont be too bad then it will be back to old Pats next year!

Yes, and since Brady is in every other respect a clone of Daunte Culpepper, we should all be very, very worried.

Seriously, enough about Daunte Culpepper. The dude was an IDIOT as a QB and relied on his physical skills. When those were gone and he didn't have Moss anymore, it's easy to see why he sucked ass.

He sucked once Moss was gone even before the knee injury. 6 TDs and 12 INTs in the 6 games he played without Moss post-injury. In his career with the Vikings, Moss made a ton of crappy QBs look like world-beaters, including Randall Cunningham in his mid-30s, Gus Frerotte, and Todd Bouman (who actually won a couple of games and looked decent)

This injury will not effect Tom Brady next year. Maybe he looses some mobility but did Brady have much mobility to begin with? Also, please dont compare Culpepper's injury to Brady's. Culpepper was a mobile QB and Brady is a dart machine.

Last edited:
Four to six weeks wait.
That's October sometime.

That's April to July.

Sounds right to me. I don't see the Pats rushing this, no matter what happens this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back