Welcome to PatsFans.com

Charles Robinson on Branch

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PrairiePat, Aug 7, 2006.

1. PrairiePat

PrairiePat Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

He and Jason Cole continue to pile on the Pats and their fans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-nflnotebook080706&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The relevant part:
    Putting aside the numerical stuff (all of which has been discussed here in countless threads), has anyone heard that BB got upset about Brady's comments?
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I haven't heard anything about that reaction from Belichick but Brady did go overboard.

Right now we need Chad Jackson healthy, he and Caldwell are our top two WR.
  3. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Nope. Let's put it this way; Yahoo.com proves that the internet is nothing more than "Open Mike Night" for the computer.

My favorite part of the "column" would be:
    --------
    "Second, they are putting Brady in an awkward position. Last week, a supposedly emotional Brady was quoted in Sports Illustrated as saying that Branch is one of the best in the game.
    --------

Oh my GOD!!!!!! Brady said Branch is one of the best in the game?????? And he wasn't immediately suspended?????? We CAN'T HAVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    _____

By the way Prairie Pat, welcome aboard the board! From the handle, I assume you're in the midwest?
  4. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I doubt highly, that BB had to say anything to Brady or even cares. His teammates and the reaction of the media alone would let him know that he was slightly over the top with his comments.
    This stuff is beginning to bother me more and more everyday. To many distractions, IMO. At this point I wish that they would just trade the guy and have done with it.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  5. shmessy

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Really? How? I've read the transcript of the interview three times and have no other conclusion other than the media is spinning this thing like a top.
  6. shmessy

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

I don't know. I'm not yet comfortable enough with Cassel as our starter! (LOL, I know you probably meant Branch, but it didn't read that way!).
  7. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

I read this article this morning and didn't know where to begin. It might be the most ignorant article of an "expert" yet.

1. In the minds of most people, Wayne has overtaken Harrison as #1 WR in Indy.

2. Wayne was an unrestricted free agent-to-be when he signed his contract. Branch is not. It's an apples-to-racoons comparison.

3. Why should the #1 WR on one team be paid more than the #2 WR on a different team? That's not logical.

4. Wayne is more valuable to the Colts than Branch is to the Patriots.

5. Wayne is arguably a better football player than Branch.

6. How does a team that spends to the cap every year and pays its bottom roster guys more than anybody else get labelled as "Cheap"?

7. Pure speculation that Belichick forced Brady to backtrack. That's not Bill's style.

8. The offer to Branch, even including the 2006 salary, makes him the 17th highest paid receiver in the NFL, and allows him to be a free agent at an opportune time, unlike Wayne. Yet this offer was "substandard?"

Robinson spent all last year proving he knows next to nothing about football. I can't believe he wasn't replaced.
  8. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

LOL, yes I did mean Branch but I see what you are talking about. :D
  9. Ichiro

Ichiro Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree with everyone of your points. Although I love Branch, the Patriots are doing the correct thing by not paying a 5-8, 180lb reciever like Colts or Redskins would.
    Us Patriots fans have to remember that there are many media members who absolutely hate how the Patriots organization treats them. Belichick just completely ignores them, correctly realizing that the media can only be a distraction and will not help us WIN GAMES. Because of the lack of media access, covering the Patriots does not allow the career advancement (and attention) that these guys so sorely need. So instead of actually working and researching (thank you Mike Reiss), many of these so called writers just inject their own bias against the Pats, showing how ignorant and petty they really are.
    PS: I just love how BB ruined Kevin Mannix.