PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Deangelo Hall to Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will say that he was a terrible tackler, but that was not something anyone asked of him, if your money CB is making your tackles you have a problem.
i don't think tackleing is really in the grading process, and if you say he losses points for being a bad tackler, i say he gets bonus points for being a great receiver. lol

Hall would be disruptive, but his salary would not be...

2007: $3.11 million, 2008: $570,000, 2009: $957,500, 2010: Free Agent

It's bogus. Started on a board by a guy with two bad links, now it's spreading to other boards.

Thus the (eventual). I know he's on his rookie deal, which is managable. BUT...He is no longer on his rookie placation. I imagine he'll either hold out, or, if he honors his contract, be near impossible to resign.

well with corners being paid rediculous amount now, he will definatly want a huge contract.. he thinks he is the best in the league.. he should go to denver and be their nickleback... lol

i will say that he was a terrible tackler, but that was not something anyone asked of him, if your money CB is making your tackles you have a problem.
i don't think tackleing is really in the grading process, and if you say he losses points for being a bad tackler, i say he gets bonus points for being a great receiver. lol

Exhibit A) Screen pass

with deion though every screen pass could mean 6 the other way though..

Those salaries would sure be nice to fill in for losing Asante next year.

Dhall will want more then asante wants.. he thinks he is the greatest to ever dawn a jersey.

with deion though every screen pass could mean 6 the other way though..

I'm losing patience here, bro. The problem is that every screen pass would most likely result in a first down against Deion. And that would be the least of your worries. Deion got away with playing off the receiver. Which is why you now see audibles for quick tosses to the WO to simply stiff-arm/juke/punch the DB covering him. As much as Deion may have transformed his position, he also highlighted the weaknesses.

you just seem like your grasping for straws. i could say. oh.. joe schmo isn't a good linebacker cause he cant defend deep passes.. tom brady isnt a good QB cause he cant run for 40 yards.. barry sanders isn't the best ever cause he wasn't the best reciever outa the backfield. there primary objectives for a position.
linebackers primary objective is tackleing anything that moves..
qbs primary objective is throwing to recievers
rbs primary objective is running the ball
CBs primary objective is to keep the WRs from catching the balls. you see?
deion might not have done one of the secondary things well. (though he was probobly one of the best punt returners, and cb/wr there have been)
but he did the primary thing better then anyone has ever done.

Makes sense this is an idiot message board generated rumor. The only thing Polian hates more than us is FA defenders. And his 100 yard CFL backup is the only thing between an Addai injury and no running game or play action. He's not ever going to trade offense for defense.

yeah not to mention why would you pay a corner what dhall will want in a cover2?

deion sanders was the superstar in self-promotion

i'd take a healthy young ty law thank you

primetime neon was a media circus sideshow act, and if he spent more time on being a football player instead of being a flashy athlete, he MAY have become the best ever

but he didn't and he isn't

i didn't know you were the deciding factor on who was the best ever. i think i will go with the rest of the world, who know primetime is the best ever.

When did this turn into a conversation on Deion? I thought it was about DeAngelo Hall?

it was, but it got going in a different direction, and apparently the Dhall thing is a rumor so no harm no foul.

i didn't know you were the deciding factor on who was the best ever. i think i will go with the rest of the world, who know primetime is the best ever.

nice try peckerwood--you're the one deifying the burger king

but yes--do go back to the rest of your nfl-illiterate friends

nice try peckerwood--you're the one deifying the burger king

but yes--do go back to the rest of your nfl-illiterate friends

"you're the one deifying the burger king"
im not completely sure exactly what that means... but if not knowing makes me one of the NFL-illiterate.. i guess i am.. who is the burger king that im trying to make a god? is deion the burger king?
and who do you think is better then primetime? do you know who primetime is?
if you do what team did you support when he was playing? i figure it wasn't the pats since that was before 2002, and before 95% of the pats fans were on the bandwagon..

primetime!! there you are! tell this guy how it is. lol, what are the odds that tony romo and deion sanders both have time to be on a patriots forum at 6am?!

primetime!! there you are! tell this guy how it is. lol, what are the odds that tony romo and deion sanders both have time to be on a patriots forum at 6am?!

Well, I'm in Ireland for the year, so it was actually about 12:30 PM. ;)

I have to say that Deion (who the name isn't even after, it's just supposed to be the word primetime) is the best corner of all-time. There have been other great ones; my father always talks about Night Train Lane and then there's Mike Haynes, but Deion was the best. He came back at the age of, what, 38? and could still have started for most teams in the league.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick