PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Uncle Heatster Mid-February Three-Round Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, They have Marshal Yanda and Adam Terry for the RT spot. Yanda played in all 16 games, starting in 12 of them.

Yanda was very good for them and he stacked up well against Warren when the Pats played the Ravens.

See, that's the kind of things I look for in the Post-workout versions, when I study each teams depth chart, draft history, salary cap allocations, etc. I thought that Gaither played in Terry's stead, and that Yanda was moved to guard. If Gaither, Yanda, and Terry are all good tackles for them, then yes, I will change the projection for my next version.

MAybe the Bears are cheap, but the NFL is such a QB driven league now, that if there is one position any team is going to trade up for, it is a QB.

I think Dryheat hit this trade on the head and I would love to see it happen.
Sorry but the Chicago Bears signed Rex Grossman to a one year contract. Jerry Angelo won't let go of his first round bust. Aside from Olin Kreutz, the Chicago Bears offensive line is trash.

Sorry but the Chicago Bears signed Rex Grossman to a one year contract. Jerry Angelo won't let go of his first round bust. Aside from Olin Kreutz, the Chicago Bears offensive line is trash.

This is false regarding the Bears O-line. John Tait is a damn good RT and has been since he entereed the league. Ruben Brown, who is being let go, was also extremely good.

This is false regarding the Bears O-line. John Tait is a damn good RT and has been since he entereed the league. Ruben Brown, who is being let go, was also extremely good.

Is Garza still there? He was no slouch either, although he may be past his prime.

The re-signing of Grossman to a one-year, incentive-laden deal, has absolutely no bearing whether they try to draft Ryan or not. It's pretty clear he was signed to buy time for somebody else to develop.

John Tait has been playing left tackle for the Chicago Bears since 2005 not right tackle where he belongs. As for Ruben Brown, the Chicago Bears extended his contract one year too late.

I seriously don't see the Chicago Bears trading up for a quarterback when the Chicago Bears offensive line is in shambles. Ask the Houston Texans about drafting a quarterback in the first round without an offensive line in front of him. For the most part, David Carr was running for his life while playing for the Houston Texans.

Is Garza still there? He was no slouch either, although he may be past his prime.
Roberto Garza is currently playing without a ligament in his knee which is why the Baltimore Ravens declined to offer the offensive lineman a contract in 2005.

"The Bears' starting right guard is grateful to be playing at all.

The Texas A&M-Kingsville product wears a brace on his knee every game, the result of the freakish disappearance of a knee ligament that nearly destroyed his career before the 2005 season."

http://www.caller.com/ccct/local_sports/article/0,1641,CCCT_878_5328303,00.html

John Tait has been playing left tackle for the Chicago Bears since 2005 not right tackle where he belongs. As for Ruben Brown, the Chicago Bears extended his contract one year too late.

I seriously don't see the Chicago Bears trading up for a quarterback when the Chicago Bears offensive line is in shambles. Ask the Houston Texans about drafting a quarterback in the first round without an offensive line in front of him. For the most part, David Carr was running for his life while playing for the Houston Texans.

Thanks for the correction on Tait.

I wouldn't say that the Bears O-line is in shambles though. Seriously.
However, I do agree about needing to make sure your O-line is sound before getting a QB.

In the end, I could see the Bears taking Ryan because they could get the other parts they need in free agency and the draft. It all depends on how things plays out.

Thanks for the correction on Tait.

I wouldn't say that the Bears O-line is in shambles though. Seriously.
However, I do agree about needing to make sure your O-line is sound before getting a QB.

In the end, I could see the Bears taking Ryan because they could get the other parts they need in free agency and the draft. It all depends on how things plays out.

Ryan would probably not be the opening day starter for the Bears, either. Although with the Chicago fan base there would be some pretty substantial pressure on Lovie Smith to replace Sexy Rexy with Ryan at the slightest miscue on Grossman's part. But that doesn't necessarily affect their decision to draft Ryan.

Ryan would probably not be the opening day starter for the Bears, either. Although with the Chicago fan base there would be some pretty substantial pressure on Lovie Smith to replace Sexy Rexy with Ryan at the slightest miscue on Grossman's part. But that doesn't necessarily affect their decision to draft Ryan.
The Minnesota Vikings are more likely to move up into the #7 slot if Matt Ryan is available than the Chicago Bears.

The Minnesota Vikings are more likely to move up into the #7 slot if Matt Ryan is available than the Chicago Bears.

I think they'd have more faith in Tavaris Jackson's improvement than the Bears do in seeing anything out of Grossman. I think Grossman is a stopgap for the Bears, Childress may consider Jackson something more than crap.

I think they'd have more faith in Tavaris Jackson's improvement than the Bears do in seeing anything out of Grossman. I think Grossman is a stopgap for the Bears, Childress may consider Jackson something more than crap.
At the age of 36 in September 2008, Jon Kitna is not the future at quarterback for the Detroit Lions, so there is another possible trading partner for the New England Patriots if Matt Ryan is still on the board.

At the age of 36 in September 2008, Jon Kitna is not the future at quarterback for the Detroit Lions, so there is another possible trading partner for the New England Patriots if Matt Ryan is still on the board.

The Lions drafted Drew Stanton in the second round last year, I don't think they'll be drafting another QB high in the draft this year, let alone one they'd have to drop several picks on. Just my view on them as partners.

The Lions drafted Drew Stanton in the second round last year, I don't think they'll be drafting another QB high in the draft this year, let alone one they'd have to drop several picks on. Just my view on them as partners.
Drew Stanton was terrible his senior year at Michigan State. Then again, Matt Millen kept drafting wide receivers in the first round so anything is possible with that clown.

Drew Stanton was terrible his senior year at Michigan State. Then again, Matt Millen kept drafting wide receivers in the first round so anything is possible with that clown.

Regardless of what Stanton did, they used a high pick on him just a year ago and he hasn't even had the chance to show anything so I don't think a smart GM would use another high pick (and others) a year later to pick another QB. You are right about Millen in that he's a clown and anything far from a smart GM so maybe he would.

Regardless of what Stanton did, they used a high pick on him just a year ago and he hasn't even had the chance to show anything so I don't think a smart GM would use another high pick (and others) a year later to pick another QB. You are right about Millen in that he's a clown and anything far from a smart GM so maybe he would.
The Patriots could let the clock expire and "trade down to themselves" like the Vikings did in the first round of the 2003 NFL Draft.

Last edited:
The Patriots could let the clock expire and "trade down to themselves" like the Vikings did in the first round of the 2003 NFL Draft.

Do you think they would consider doing that in the name of saving some money on the rookie contract? I believe that would be committing player personnel suicide - what player in their right mind would want to come and play for a perceived cheapo? I know the one that wants a legit chance at winning a ring.

Do you think they would consider doing that in the name of saving some money on the rookie contract? I believe that would be committing player personnel suicide - what player in their right mind would want to come and play for a perceived cheapo? I know the one that wants a legit chance at winning a ring.
The last resort however I'm hoping the Patriots will find a trading partner in the first round of the 2008 NFL Draft.

I have to agree with this. Jackson really came on at the end of the year and the Vikings Staff were raving about his improvements.

Now, what i find interesting is that Kyle Orton isn't getting more love in Chi-town. He's played pretty well for them. But, again, he's only a stop gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back