PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Deangelo Hall to Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive been to ireland, its beautiful, where are you at? hopefully nowhere near the war.

ive been to ireland, its beautiful, where are you at? hopefully nowhere near the war.

Dublin. A long way from any war. ;)

This thread certainly got off track, no?

yeah it did, i need to go though or ill be late. catch ya later prime.. im gunna call you that from now on.. lol

Hall would be disruptive, but his salary would not be...

2007: $3.11 million, 2008: $570,000, 2009: $957,500, 2010: Free Agent

It's bogus. Started on a board by a guy with two bad links, now it's spreading to other boards.

Thanks for the good info and input, as usual.

"you're the one deifying the burger king"
im not completely sure exactly what that means... but if not knowing makes me one of the NFL-illiterate.. i guess i am.. who is the burger king that im trying to make a god? is deion the burger king?
and who do you think is better then primetime? do you know who primetime is?
if you do what team did you support when he was playing? i figure it wasn't the pats since that was before 2002, and before 95% of the pats fans were on the bandwagon..

holy crap you're an as.sclown

deion sanders...primetime jackass self-promoter most famous for his burger king commercial...

this thread was about DeAngelo Hall and you came spouting off about Sanders being the best of all time and generally rubbing one out on your keyboard

I'm the one that has been a fan of the NFL and NE Patriots since the 70's

You're the one glorifying a self-promoter and declaring a 2nd year starter as an elite QB

and if you hadn't noticed, a few have responded to your 'last shutdown corner' comment as being inaccurate

if you are going to come spouting off--know wtf you are speaking of cowpoke

Not THE Kenton Keith? Isn't that like if Kyle Eckle ran for over 100 yards a Patriot homer could call for trading him for a number one.

Not THE Kenton Keith? Isn't that like if Kyle Eckle ran for over 100 yards a Patriot homer could call for trading him for a number one.

Yeah what a joke. Anybody who believes Atlanta would trade for Kenton Keith is a moron.

primetime!! there you are! tell this guy how it is. lol, what are the odds that tony romo and deion sanders both have time to be on a patriots forum at 6am?!

My guess is you where 10 years old when Sanders was in his prime. No grown man types lol. A cowboy fan calling another teams fans bandwagon riders is hilarious. If I had a dollar for every ct cowboy fan I met I would be rich.

Half the Cowboy fan base is not even from texas. They latched on when the cowboys actually where winning. Now they are just a overrated NFC team that got lucky vs the worst AFC team in the league.

A team missing 12 starters. You think Sanders is the best ever because he played for the cowboys. He ain't the best ever, period.

Last edited:
yeah it did, i need to go though or ill be late. catch ya later prime.. im gunna call you that from now on.. lol

Time to catch the short bus, I bet... At least we know he'll be busy for the next 5-6 hours 'til school lets out.

and who was the last cover corner you didn't want to aim a run at?

Ha, Ha! Nice try. There are plenty of corners that can tackle well.

I actually saw Sanders dive OUT OF THE WAY of a runner... I couldn't believe my eyes.

At best, he made a half-A_S_S attempt at launching himself at the runners legs and hoped for the best. The guy was a huge liablility against the run.

You can't possibly compare him to the average CB today in this regard.

As for his cover skills, they were good, but it's not like he never gave up a reception as some people are suggesting.

As for his cover skills, they were good, but it's not like he never gave up a reception as some people are suggesting.

Calling Deion's cover skills "good" is the understatement of the year, IMO. And I don't like Deion because of his tendency to dislike tackling. Deion was the greatest cover corner of all-time. He shutdown his entire side of the field, and when the ball did come his way, his ballhawking skills were second to none.

Last edited:
Calling Deion's cover skills "good" is the understatement of the year, IMO. And I don't like Deion because of his tendency to dislike tackling. Deion was the greatest cover corner of all-time. He shutdown his entire side of the field, and when the ball did come his way, his ballhawking skills were second to none.

Deion is NOT the greatest cover corner of all time.

Good grief.

All-Time Interception Leaders

(Through 2005)
1.Paul Krause 81
2.Emlen Tunnell 79
3.Rod Woodson 71
4.**** Lane 68
5.Ken Riley 65
6.Ronnie Lott 63
7.Dave Brown 62
**** LeBeau 62
9.Emmitt Thomas 58
10.Mel Blount 57
Bobby Boyd 57
Johnny Robinson57
Everson Walls 57
Eugene Robinson57

Last edited:
That list is meaningless. Does that make Eugene Robinson one of the top 5 safeties of all time? I don't see Mike Haynes on that list.

The fact is, Deion didn't have that many picks every year because teams simply did not throw to his side of the field.

Champ Bailey says hi.

Champ Bailey is given safety help regularly. Denver made the mistake of thinking Bailey could be left alone and paid the price with Champ being burned with surprising frequency in 2005. Since then, they take more liberties with Champ, but he still is given safety help over the top just like any other CB.

That list is meaningless. Does that make Eugene Robinson one of the top 5 safeties of all time? I don't see Mike Haynes on that list.

The fact is, Deion didn't have that many picks every year because teams simply did not throw to his side of the field.

just stop

Deion was very good, but not great and certainly not the greatest.

And isn't it interesting that the very name you pick--Eugene Robinson--has BETTER stats than the burger king? Thanks for proving my argument for me.

Charles "Peanut" Tillman is waving emphatically

Tillman is not even close to what one would call "shut down" CB.

I hold Asante up as an example. No one in their right mind would call him a lock-down type guy, but he is one of the best CBs in the league. What many consider shut-down just doesn't exist in the league right now. It is what it is.

And isn't it interesting that the very name you pick--Eugene Robinson--has BETTER stats than the burger king? Thanks for proving my argument for me.

How am I proving your argument for you? I just said you can't measure Deion's contributions in terms of statistics, as teams rarely threw to his side of the field anyways. It's not like he's that far off the list, either; he has 53 INTs, which would put him in the top 15.

What about Mike Haynes? Would you call him one of the greatest corners of all-time? I sure would, but he doesn't appear on your top-10 list there either. Were Emlen Tunnell and Paul Krause better than Night Train Lane? Interceptions don't always measure a cornerback's worth. Samuel and Bailey had an equal number of interceptions last year; Bailey is a better corner and I know the Broncos wouldn't trade him one-for-one for Samuel.

How am I proving your argument for you? I just said you can't measure Deion's contributions in terms of statistics, as teams rarely threw to his side of the field anyways. It's not like he's that far off the list, either; he has 53 INTs, which would put him in the top 15.

What about Mike Haynes? Would you call him one of the greatest corners of all-time? I sure would, but he doesn't appear on your top-10 list there either. Were Emlen Tunnell and Paul Krause better than Night Train Lane? Interceptions don't always measure a cornerback's worth. Samuel and Bailey had an equal number of interceptions last year; Bailey is a better corner and I know the Broncos wouldn't trade him one-for-one for Samuel.

you are proving my argument because you called Deion the GREATEST--and you are now comparing him to DBs to support your argument. if Deion was the GREATEST, then he would stand out beyond comparison from his peers--and he doesn't.

that is all

Deion is not the greatest CB ever, and he is not the greatest shutdown CB ever. He was a very talented and athletically gifted athlete that avoided tackling and being tackled as much as possible. He was exciting and electric at times, but not entirely consistent. He had a stetch of a few years in which QBs avoided his side of the field, but it is not as if he was, from rookie through retirement a complete player.

you are proving my argument because you called Deion the GREATEST--and you are now comparing him to DBs to support your argument. if Deion was the GREATEST, then he would stand out beyond comparison from his peers--and he doesn't.

that is all

Deion is not the greatest CB ever, and he is not the greatest shutdown CB ever. He was a very talented and athletically gifted athlete that avoided tackling and being tackled as much as possible. He was exciting and electric at times, but not entirely consistent. He had a stetch of a few years in which QBs avoided his side of the field, but it is not as if he was, from rookie through retirement a complete player.

I didn't compare him to anyone. I said that statistics such as interceptions are a bad way to measure a CB's contributions when the whole point of being a shutdown corner is to take away an entire side of the field. Deion did that, and it was for almost a decade, not just "a few years." He was better than Rod Woodson, a guy on that list, and played at the same time as Woodson. He is the greatest corner of all time because he was a shutdown corner for the longest and at the height was the best (find me the "greatest" at any position who was great for his entire career... Montana may be the closest you can get, leading the Chiefs to the playoffs, but even he slowed down at the end); the fact that he avoided tackling is an oft-quoted but more or less a moot argument. Deion did tackle, too, it wasn't like he missed or jumped away from every tackle he ever was supposed to make.

I didn't compare him to anyone. I said that statistics such as interceptions are a bad way to measure a CB's contributions when the whole point of being a shutdown corner is to take away an entire side of the field. Deion did that, and it was for almost a decade, not just "a few years." He was better than Rod Woodson, a guy on that list, and played at the same time as Woodson. He is the greatest corner of all time because he was a shutdown corner for the longest and at the height was the best (find me the "greatest" at any position who was great for his entire career... Montana may be the closest you can get, leading the Chiefs to the playoffs, but even he slowed down at the end); the fact that he avoided tackling is an oft-quoted but more or less a moot argument. Deion did tackle, too, it wasn't like he missed or jumped away from every tackle he ever was supposed to make.

I'll drop this one, as we simply disagree. But as a point of note, you are making comparisons by using other players to distinguish Deion's place amongst them.

Maybe this should be a poll. Deion Sanders: best DB in NFL history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back