Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Davd Hallberstam Died in Car crash

Holy CRAP. That's awful.

thats terrible

May he rest in peace

thoughts go out to his family

I just saw this on Breaking News on CNN. This is terrible! I can't believe it!

Re: OT: Davd Halberstam Killed in Car crash

Sad news
thoughts to his family

very very sad...a great writer...dead...

Wow. Terribly sad news. I met the man at his lecture on the book about BB and got him to autograph it. A very classy person.

This is a sad day in the profession of sports writing. Its lost a very classy person.

Ugh. Sad news indeed.

And wtf would anybody have a fatal crash at 10:30 am on a Sunday in Menlo Park anyway? Chalk this up as a really, really unnecessary death.

Sorry. Once again I'm making something personal. Menlo Park was like a second home to me for a couple of years in the 1980s.

This is very sad news he was a great writer, and my condolences to his family, and also may he rest in peace.:(

Very sad news! May he rest in peace.

Sad indeed, I add my condolences.

By chance, the turn where the accident happened is one I took every day for years when I worked in California. It is a strange and confusing intersection that trips up many drivers who aren't familiar with it. Terrible to see such a result.

Keynote speaker at my daughter's graduation.
Quite a man.

It just goes to show you that you never know when your time is up... we all better make the most of it.

One of my school chums just od'ed/died this weekend.

:D
It just goes to show you that you never know when your time is up... we all better make the most of it.

One of my school chums just od'ed/died this weekend.

Oh man that is so sad! Any death is horrible, but an OD just seems especially pointless.
My prayers are with the Halberstam family, he was a very very good writer.

This is a sad day, Halberstam was a great writer, and his "Education of a Coach", was probably the best written of all the Patriots Books.

This is a good time for everyone who has been meaning to read the Education of a Coach to do so. It is an extraordinary and unvarnished look at Bill Belichick's formation in the past and gives real insight into his motivations today.

RIP

Last edited:
BB was just on Dale and Holley talking about Halberstam saying that they were friends and talked even after the book was done. Also EEI has an old interview that Dale and Holley did with Halberstam on their audio vault. It's a long interview but a good one about "Education of a Coach".

Here's the link:
http://www.weei.com/pages/268228.php

Condolences to the family.
It's interesting that so far the police have not identified the driver who slammed into Halberstam's car. Despite sensibly wearing a seatbelt, Halberstam was declared dead at the scene.

Last edited:
One of the great nonfiction writers. "The Best and the Brightest" is the classic book on the Vietnam War. I've read that and several others, including "Education of a Coach." He wrote so well you don't want to stop reading. I will miss his writing very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes