PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cowboys top draft pick Dez Bryant already causing stir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that he probably wouldn't throw Williams under the bus for it to the media even if that was the case though. But it is what it is. Line up the firing squad for the guy. We can't have this non-pad carrying nonsense. :rolleyes:

hahah i don't think i can persuade u kontra.

But i agree it is roy williams fault because he needs to earn the right to ask a rookie to carry his pads... specially a rookie of the caliber of dez

Vet WRs.

Austin is a 3rd year guy. Ogletree in his 2nd year.

Crayton has tried to fire his way out of town. Hardly a guy to look up to.

And if he wanted any help from Roy Williams, i'd do completely the opposite.

Absolute failure.

Not sure how you consider a guy with 8 years in the league with 292/4296/31 an absolute failure ...

How many TDs does Bryant have in the NFL?

Edit: Damn, didn't get this in before PatsWickedPissah closed the thread. :(

Last edited:
hahah i don't think i can persuade u kontra.

But i agree it is roy williams fault because he needs to earn the right to ask a rookie to carry his pads... specially a rookie of the caliber of dez

Nah, I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this...

The issue between Bryant and Williams apparently occurred when the veteran first approached him. Bryant didn't like Williams' tone and -- combined with the fact he didn't know about carrying pads -- that led to the confusion.

I guess I was wrong. Bryant did, kind of, throw him under the bus to the media. Regardless, he's doing it now and even Rodney said that this whole thing is overblown.

Last edited:
Nah, I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this...

I guess I was wrong. Bryant did, kind of, throw him under the bus to the media. Regardless, he's doing it now and even Rodney said that this whole thing is overblown.
Of course it's overblown. What it shows is Bryant's naivety and me first nature. The guy has publicly gone on to state that he was unaware of hazing. I live on the other side of the world and have had no attachment with American Football in a capacity other than being an obsessed Boston sports fan and I know about hazing.

C'mon Dez... seriously.

Of course it's overblown. What it shows is Bryant's naivety and me first nature. The guy has publicly gone on to state that he was unaware of hazing. I live on the other side of the world and have had no attachment with American Football in a capacity other than being an obsessed Boston sports fan and I know about hazing.

C'mon Dez... seriously.

Yeah, I don't believe he didn't know about it either. The guy has been playing football since his youth. The chances that he didn't know about it is slim to none. I think what happened is just as he stated: he didn't like Williams' tone and decided to basically tell him to piss off.

Yeah, I don't believe he didn't know about it either. The guy has been playing football since his youth. The chances that he didn't know about it is slim to none. I think what happened is just as he stated: he didn't like Williams' tone and decided to basically tell him to piss off.
That's really what it has been about. Unfortunately for Dez he's the new face on the block and even in light of whether or not he's more talented than Williams he's the veteran and he has to earn the respect of all the vets before he gets equal footing.

That's what Simple Dez didn't grasp.

Maybe Dez is wicked pissed that he signed for millions less than the Pats' #1 pick.

That's really what it has been about. Unfortunately for Dez he's the new face on the block and even in light of whether or not he's more talented than Williams he's the veteran and he has to earn the respect of all the vets before he gets equal footing.

That's what Simple Dez didn't grasp.

Right. Being a rookie is almost like being a kid. You're officially in the family but you still have to do what your parents tell you even if you don't like the way they ask, even if (at the moment) you don't like them very much, and even if you will one day do things better than they can- you're still a kid. Respect your parents.

Brady replaced Bledsoe. Do you think Brady carried pads or do you think he told Drew to pound sand?

Imagine if the Patriots had drafted this clown instead of Taylor Price. Moss looks over and says, Dez, my pads. Dez, looks over and says, what!! I'm not carrying your sh!t.

In all seriousness, I think this is just the tip of the iceberg. I think in the not too distant future, we'll understand why BB passed him over twice.

The biggest problem with today's athlete, attitude.

Brady replaced Bledsoe. Do you think Brady carried pads or do you think he told Drew to pound sand?

We will never know what transpired between them in private that rookie year. Those long, languid, soapy post practise shower sessions where Tom...but I digress.

Imagine if the Patriots had drafted this clown instead of Taylor Price. Moss looks over and says, Dez, my pads. Dez, looks over and says, what!! I'm not carrying your sh!t.

In all seriousness, I think this is just the tip of the iceberg. I think in the not too distant future, we'll understand why BB passed him over twice.

Forgot about that. The forum would be going nuts if that happened.

I think the real question is did Drew carry anybody's pads? "Screw you Zolak*, I'm the #1 overall pick!"

* (or whomever was the Pats' starting QB when that camp started.)

Bingo. Obviously Bryant is about as clueless and primadonna-ish as they come. Wow, if the vets in that lockerroom aren't seriously setting Bryant straight behind the scenes, then that whole organization is in serious trouble.

And the story about Jerry Jones's grandson carrying Bryant's pads the day after Bryant served notice that he has no interest in being a team guy, confirms that Jerry Jones is as clueless as they come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back