PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts already complaining about officiating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Straight from the Twitter of Raheem Brock

Respect to the Saints! The out played us today.....But! Some things that happen in the game makes me question some things!

Don't get me wrong,I'm not taking anything away from them! They won!They deserve it!

But when my teammate gets held in front of the ref,then he tells my coach "that's only his first time holding"..I question some things!

When I get held nd I tell the ref I'm getting held and he says nothing to me nd acts like I'm not there...I question some things

Normally when I go to a ref and say hey he's holdn me!I get an" ok..what's his number"?!Today I got no eye contact!No response!

We had our chances nd didn't get it done! Nd I think this is what america wanted!

Aww did the poor ickle Colts get a bad call for once? diddums :p :rolleyes:

Somebody sounds like a sore loser too, what a thinly veiled attempt to hide it.

Goes both ways, the refs can't call holding on only one team.

From Reggie Wayne:

"Oh Man, the refs really sucked tonight. I was waiting and waiting, but they never called a bogus pass interference call on the guy defending me like they usually do for the Colts receivers in big games. How exactly do they expect us to win big games without the refs being on our side? Just pathetic!"

The Colts are the last team that should be complaining about the refs. No team gets more favorable calls than them. If it wasn't for the refs calling a bogus call against Ellis Hobbs on a rule that didn't even exist any more, Manning might have no Super Bowl wins right now.

I'm sure Polian will fix the rules committee this offseason to make it a rule that you cannot block the Colts rushers in any way or it is an automatic safety.

From Reggie Wayne:

"Oh Man, the refs really sucked tonight. I was waiting and waiting, but they never called a bogus pass interference call on the guy defending me like they usually do for the Colts receivers in big games. How exactly do they expect us to win big games without the refs being on our side? Just pathetic!"

How funny and how true!! Wasn't everyone expecting the phantom PI call for the Colts in the 4th qtr? We've seen it so often before.

How funny and how true!! Wasn't everyone expecting the phantom PI call for the Colts in the 4th qtr? We've seen it so often before.

When the Colts got flagged for Offensive PI I was expecting it to be Defensvie PI :p

With the game basically over, I said to my wife I wonder how soon it will take for Colts players to complain. Not too long I see...:D

I actually expected it on the play down by the goal line where Vilma was covering either Clark or one of the WR's. As soon as I saw Vilma's positioning with the WR behind him and the ball falling incomplete I immediately said there's the Colts bogus PI call they always get but to my surprise none was called.

yeah, the refs called a good game and the colts can't handle it. They really seem to expect bogus PI calls every game. Then again, based on past games I guess they should.

Austin Collie actually pushed off (OPI) on his long catch. No call.

Austin Collie actually pushed off (OPI) on his long catch. No call.

He pushed off on Butler and it was Butler was called for PI too :mad:

I with you guys on that! Damn calls drives me crazy. I saw it with Dallas Clark a couple of times and I thought, oww here it comes, but nothin!

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I felt this was probably the best officiated game I saw all season. There is holding on every play of every game. ITS THE SUPERBOWL! Just let em play barring some obscene abuse. The refs did just that, they let them play.

Typical colts. Crying when the officiating doesn't allow them to win.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I felt this was probably the best officiated game I saw all season. There is holding on every play of every game. ITS THE SUPERBOWL! Just let em play barring some obscene abuse. The refs did just that, they let them play.

Typical colts. Crying when the officiating doesn't allow them to win.

I agree. I was literally floored when they got the 2-point challenge right, as well as the offensive PI.

Go figure--the Colts get beat in a playoff game without any phantom PI or holding calls. I think that Brock is partly right: this only happened because the story of the NO Saints this year is the only thing that could have trumped the fix being in for Indy and the Mannings. The vast majority of the country did want the Saints to win, hence the lack of Colt's officiating that we're used to seeing.

The ultimate irony... Colts complaining about the refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes