PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Christmas night game - GB vs Chi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know all about the turnovers. It just seems like it only take a few plays for the opposing team to get in between the 20s. Maybe its just me.

I don't know, I would think that faster drives work in the favor of offense driven teams like the Patriots, Packers, or Saints. On average, they can both outscore pretty much any opponent, so the opponents best chance is to decrease the number of drives in the game. That's what I liked about the game against the Dolphins, they were playing aggressively on defense, so the Dolphins were either scoring quickly or getting off the field quickly. This gave the Patriots a ton of chances offensively, and sure enough, the Dolphins couldn't stop them for 60 minutes.

That being said, if you execute well on both sides of the ball, it doesn't matter much.

He has a very "aloof" demeanor for one thing and just seems uninspired. He's also another one of those head coaches who is good on one side of the ball (defense) and pretty much completely hands the other side over to a coordinator.

the aloof comment makes sense for sure. But I think you hit the nail on the head with..

"He's also another one of those head coaches who is good on one side of the ball (defense) and pretty much completely hands the other side over to a coordinator."

Just not a very good well rounded coach I guess. But then again the way the Bears Management short change there O, make Pats fans complaining about a deep threat laughable(Not saying Pats fans are wrong to complain)..

Last edited:
Rodgers is an idiot who cares too much about his stats. 5 TD's for him, 0 rushing? Especially when you have Ryan Grant and James Starks back there?

ryan grant and james starks are scrubs. Nothing to special

Brady would have had 55ish TDs in 07 if the Pats NEVER ran the ball in the red zone. There is stat padding and there is this.

packers run the ball in the red zone all the time. The rb's just cannot get those tds. Mike mccarthy and rodgers mix up the play calling in the red zone.

(My apologies if someone else posted something similar to this)

This was my first view of Green Bay this season. I came away thinking (again based only on this game):

- Their passing game makes it look almost too easy at times
- Their QB runs their passing offense at a high level
- Their run game probably has been up and down this season
- Their defense has some issues, looked soft at multiple points, but played solid in the red zone
- Their defense could be in trouble against a good offense/good QB

Sounds a lot like another team I know....... :D. Unfortunately I think their defense has more upside than ours.

I'll be honest, I don't think either the Pats or the Packers make it to the SB with their defenses. They both just plain suck. You're not going to get many TO's against playoff-caliber teams.

the main reason gb beat pitt was getting turnovers , 2 ben ints and a huge mendenhall fumble forced by matthews

the reason that sb was close was gb rather than turnovers, had alot of dropped passes

I fell asleep 1 quarter into this game, and now I'm here... at 4am..

Aaron rodgers is dreamy, jordey nelson is dreamy. if the pats play against these guys in the SB its going to be a hell of a game

Aaron rodgers is dreamy, jordey nelson is dreamy. if the pats play against these guys in the SB its going to be a hell of a game

Dreamy eh? Quite the words. Aaron rodgers is a stud. I do not want to face the packers (nor the saints) in the superbowl.

the main reason gb beat pitt was getting turnovers , 2 ben ints and a huge mendenhall fumble forced by matthews

the reason that sb was close was gb rather than turnovers, had alot of dropped passes

True, but last year's Packer defense was worlds better than this year's. They could actually stop offenses.

Last edited:
the bears suck, they got a hard beat down as expected.

GB vs lions will be a battle royal, the last matchup Stafford was dealing with fractured pointer finger on his throwing hand. It should be a nice fight either way.

Anyone see Rodgers yawning out there in the 4th qtr? lol

well that's my play-by-play, minute-by-minute, intense in-depth analysis. peace:eat1:

Last edited:
From yesterday's night game:

bjTiY.jpg

4xEqN.jpg

Chill people. So what if Rodgers is going for stats? It is neither illegal nor morally wrong. Deal with it.

And we are free to roll our eyes at it as well. Deal with it.

So many Rodgers fanboys over here. I can't stand him. He obviously wants the headlines back after they pissed away their perfect season. Go on and get the recordRodgers. With the way the game is being played now, it won't be yours for long.

And we are free to roll our eyes at it as well. Deal with it.

So many Rodgers fanboys over here. I can't stand him. He obviously wants the headlines back after they pissed away their perfect season. Go on and get the recordRodgers. With the way the game is being played now, it won't be yours for long.

lol, I don't mind him. Not sure why he tries to sell himself off as the down n out under dog, Brady type.

1. Complains about being picked 25th in the 1st round

2. no recruiting out of highschool, he was to small 5'11"

3. Had to play for a community college before getting noticed

4. Being from the SF bay area he wanted to be like Joe Montana and watched all his games growing up:rolleyes:

5. literally say's "i play with a chip on my shoulder" "I'm always the underdog":rolleyes:

The only tragic part of his career was the favre ordeal and some fanbase drama, IMO. Great QB, just feeding his ego a bit to much maybe.

Last edited:
lol, I don't mind him. Not sure why he tries to sell himself off as the down n out under dog, Brady type.

1. Complains about being picked 25th in the 1st round

2. no recruiting out of highschool, he was to small 5'11"

3. Had to play for a community college before getting noticed

4. Being from the SF bay area he wanted to be like Joe Montana and watched all his games growing up:rolleyes:

5. literally say's "i play with a chip on my shoulder" "I'm always the underdog":rolleyes:

The only tragic part of his career was the favre ordeal and some fanbase drama, IMO. Great QB, just feeding his ego a bit to much maybe.

I also think he has a huge ego. 25th in the first round, oh, boo hoo.:rolleyes:

I don't understand the Rodgers hate, he's an incredible QB, he never said a bad word about Favre during his time in GB and afterwards when all that drama was going on, and he's said very good things about TFB on more than one occasion.

I think he's a fantastic QB and would be my first choice if TFB wasn't playing here.

True, but last year's Packer defense was worlds better than this year's. They could actually stop offenses.

yeah, their pressure is way off

they actually have more ints this year but 20 less sacks

and that's killing their D

i like how people say "with the way the game is being played now"

like they put in all the offense friendly rules after peyton and brady set the records lol

Rodgers is lights out, love watchin em. just thought it was odd, bringing up his draft slotting in almost every interview/special he does. 25th doesn't seem to bad but I'm no draft expert either.

he dealt with the Favre situation 1st class, hope he continues to have more success than favre did as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes