PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chris Johnson signs 4/yr, $53.5mil extension!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CJ isn't a bruising back in the mould of BJGE, Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore etc. Those types of runners would be better suited to the Patriots system I would have thought.

I have no doubt CJ would succeed in our system and acknowledge he's the superior footballer when compared to the Law Firm. So no, I won't be leaving cost out of the equation because it's a major and determining factor in the discussion.

Fine, although that's beside the point of what you addressed originally. Look at it this way: last year, Chris Johnson made barely more than BJGE. So you think that BJGE would have been better for the Patriots offense in 2010 than Chris Johnson?

Fine, although that's beside the point of what you addressed originally. Look at it this way: last year, Chris Johnson made barely more than BJGE. So you think that BJGE would have been better for the Patriots offense in 2010 than Chris Johnson?
We all know what Chris Johnson was going to demand on the open market if given the opportunity. We also know the despite production BJGE would be a fraction of that cost. If you take 2010 in isolation or manage to get them to play for the same salary, of course you would pick CJ.

My initial point was a simple one. The Pats utilize a RB committee where the Titans use CJ as the feature back. If BGJE was a first round pick, people would appreciate his 2010 more than what they did. That's the simple reality when it comes to perceptions.

As for CJ, I agree it would be awesome to see what he could do on the Patriots but if I were to choose a feature back to compliment Brady's offense, it would be Peterson.

Last edited:
Not to mention that he's great value for money and doesn't warp our cap structure.

True, Brady does enough warping for the entire team.

dam it...knew i should have taken him in my draft...ugh

Brady is arguably the best player in the NFL at the most important position in the NFL. Being paid as such is a moot point on your behalf.

And for the record, I would always pay an elite QB considerably more than an elite RB.

Great news for my fantasy team! I drafted him in the late first round last night knowing that it was a risk and he only fell into my hands because of the holdout.

If that team doesn't get something out of the quarterback position, Johnson could be dead by mid-October.

obvious-troll-is-obvious-t2768.jpg

So the titan fans think they'll win the sb now. See what I have to deal with down here? :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft