PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chiefs vs. SD game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chiefs VS SD game thread

I guess it has to be Gates - this has turned into a basketball game w/ all the TOs

take a bow romeo /vrabel...

yeahhh!!! too bad LT isn't around to cry

What a great night of football!

Solid win for the Kansas City Patriots.

no one would know todd haley is the HC of the chiefs

Man, Romeo's a hell of a DC. Happy as hell for Matty.

Best of all the non-Pats games this week. Good to see Rivers go 0 for 2. I miss Romeo.

Great 2nd half. Gotta feel good for Matty & the Chiefs.

no one would know todd haley is the HC of the chiefs

Haley and Weis are both brilliant offensive minds. Crennel is a very good defensive coordinator. The Chiefs have assembled a top tier coaching staff and it showed tonight from what (little) I saw. If they get an offensive line in there and a couple of receivers, they're going to be a threat.

cassel is so classy...glad he didnt end up with the jets..wouldve been better than sanchez

I've never been a big Cassel believer but it was nice to see the young guy make some winning plays against the division champion,I wish him the best and hope SD has some serious challenge in the West...except for the Raiders of course ;)

Last edited:

This reminded me of us playing the Rams in the regular season back in the day. This was the Charlie most here forget, the one who drove NEM insane... But there is a method to his madness. Stay close, be in it at the end, don't make costly mistakes, work with the hand you're dealt. Bowe is a dog. The OL is shaky, they can run block a little better in spurts, can't pass block well at all. They are still a work in progress, but a much better team in year two of Pioli's tenure. Nice draft and getting more out of some second and third year players than most of the pundits thought was possible. RAC has done a great job, Charlie's playing it smart for the time being. The offense will be OK against lesser teams, they'll rope a dope better ones and roll the dice the defense and those kick returners will pad their scores.

Chiefs fans actually blame Cassel for all that. Hell, they blame Cassel for everything. Stock market down? Cassel's fault.

Cassel's awful pocket presence doesn't help the pass protection. He shares some blame for that and his general inaccuracy throwing the ball.

Last edited:

I still think they over-reached for Cassel in desperation. I think he was a product of good coaching, good WR talent, and a good offensive line. You have to remember he was basically using a team that just went 16-0 and put up historic numbers. He may be 'solid' but he made a lot of very risky throws tonight.

god my team is a shambles when they play in the rain ugh

I woke to see KC beat SD!!! :D :D :D

I then watch the 'game highlights' on NFL; and it only showed SD, no KC! And when SD had got in the RZ near the end, it stopped!

SD beat, Indy beat, Jest beat and Pats win... good weekend I think :D

No way. Not even close. It is plain to see that the KC coaches do not want him throwing the ball too often, especially anything over 10 yards. And, I agree. He is a weak link.

Holy crap, did Cassel take a dump on your lawn or something?

What's your obsession with slagging him?

No Chargers vs "Pats West" Thread?

Watched the first half and thought our "other, other team" was entertaining and playing with energy.

If Pioli gets the oline fixed and a few weapons this will make KC a competitive team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes